Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery

Loc: over here
fat loss suppliments
    #8202515 - 03/27/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

im in shape, i just want to tone up more. i have an intense weight training program and work out five or six days a week, i run a few times a week, and have a fairly good diet plan. i normally dont take suppliments because i feel they dont work, but if you have a good suggestion for a fat loss suppliment that actually works, ill give it a try. im thinking about using steroids, but i would like to try something legal before i go that route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Pupenhause]
    #8202539 - 03/27/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I can't think of one that actually works. Most advertised as such are just scams. Be that as it may, it sounds like all you have to do is keep doing what you've already been doing and you should start shedding fat. Maybe cutting back on the calories would help, though.

P.S. Stay away from the steroids.

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Le_Canard]
    #8202607 - 03/27/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yeah thats what i was thinking, but you never know...if anything i just planned on using a cutting steroid for a month or two.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #8202646 - 03/27/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

A pill can't make you lose fat. It requires actual work.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#8202708 - 03/27/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If you workout correctly and eat a good diet, you shouldn't need fat loss supplements.

If you want a more "toned" look, try diuretics.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #8202848 - 03/27/08 07:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yerba mate tea..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #8202860 - 03/27/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
A pill can't make you lose fat. It requires actual work.

obviously. if you read my post you can see that im doing actual work. its the love handle area, i have a nice toned four pack, but i cant get rid of the layer over the other four.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #8202984 - 03/27/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Keep your workouts going and substitute some of your calorie richer meals with raw fruits and vegetables. Focus on high intensity cardio and you're sure to get the lean look you're shooting for.

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #8203246 - 03/27/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ephedrine stacked with Caffeine and either Green Tea Extract or Yohimbe really does work.

But remember, it's a SUPPLEMENT. You SUPPLEMENT your proper diet and exercise routine to increase your results. They won't drag your lazy ass the whole stop.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

OfflineWronguy

#8206104 - 03/28/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pupenhause said:
obviously. if you read my post you can see that im doing actual work. its the love handle area, i have a nice toned four pack, but i cant get rid of the layer over the other four.

Post your workout routine and sample diet. Chances are either your diet is out of whack or your training needs adjustment. I'm pretty verse in exercise physiology and sports nutrition, so I can probably help you out here.

Time is also a factor. If you've only been training for a short period of time, you may not see drastic results for several weeks.

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8207120 - 03/28/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
Ephedrine stacked with Caffeine and either Green Tea Extract or Yohimbe really does work.

But remember, it's a SUPPLEMENT. You SUPPLEMENT your proper diet and exercise routine to increase your results. They won't drag your lazy ass the whole stop.

read my posts better, please. and wronguy, i run a mile usually three times a week, then walk another half, and i switch up my workouts, but its basicaly this:

i split my workouts by muscle group like:
day 1:back and shoulders
day 2:chest
day 3:legs
day 4:triceps, biceps, forearms
15 reps
12 reps
10 reps
8 reps
6 reps X2

i have four eggs in the morning with one yolk and red peppers and a little bit of meat in it, lunch i have a couple filets of chicken or fish and two pieces of whole weat bread with some fruit and salad, post workout i have one scoop of protein powder and a little bit of chicken, then for supper i have whatever my mom makes, which is usually pretty lean and i have her use whole weat. and i drink about a gallon of water a day. i do go out to eat on friday though, sometimes another day too. its only that love handle area that i cant get rid of.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#8207156 - 03/28/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What do I have to reread your post for? I saw that you exercised.

--------------------

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8207218 - 03/28/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
What do I have to reread your post for? I saw that you exercised.

k, i thought you were saying that i think supplements do all the work. im aware they dont. i just want some assistance.

Offlinedlepi
Trippin' Billies
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #8207247 - 03/28/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

While i was on my cutting diet after my bulking phase i used HOT-ROX thermogenics and it definitely helped me cut. I was also on the Velocity Diet which is a liquid diet with HOT-ROX and i lost about 30 pounds of fat so it really worked. At GNC its about 50 bucks for 120 pills which lasts anywhere from a month or two depending on your dose, but i can speak from experience that with a good lifting routine and exercise, it will definitely add to your fat loss.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shakerhalf-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, two dozen amyls.
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Debunked Marijuana Myths

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: dlepi]
    #8207296 - 03/28/08 05:04 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

E/C is way cheaper and even stronger.

--------------------

OfflineWronguy

#8207519 - 03/28/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Why are your repetitions so high on some of your earlier sets? Your focus in the gym should be a rep range of 4-6 and training to failure on each and every set. I would place a lot of focus of nutrient timing as well and always keep gastric emptying in mind.

Here is a general rule of thumb:

Liquid meals leave the stomach in 30-45 minutes
Solid meals leave the stomach in 2-3 hours depending on fat content

Always make sure you have ingested nutrients to fuel your workout keeping gastric emptying in mind and immediately following weight training you should be consuming a liquid meal for rapid absorption. Remember, nutrients are assimilated in the small intestine, not the stomach.

I also recommend placing an emphasis on HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio. This type of exercise can be done in a very short period of time, typically 15-18 minutes, and has a much more profound effect on your metabolism because of increased cellular respiration. EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) is significantly increased when performing HIIT cardio because your heart rate during this type of activity is between 60-85% VO2 Max. The body's reliance on CrP (creatine phosphate) and glycolysis (glycogen, the stored form of glucose) for the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) also creates an increase in GH.

Low-to-moderate exercise, that is exercise that utilizes aerobic metabolic pathways, will rely mostly on fat and some glucose for energy. The problem here is the body will return to resting levels typically within an hour and only the calories burned will be the benefit here. But isn't that what I want? I'm glad you asked. The short answer is no. What you want to to have a continual raise in your resting metabolic rate so an adaptation occurs within the body. Due to the increase in EPOC, your resting metabolic rate will be increased over the next 24-48 hours, despite the cessation of the exercise.

Another rule of thumb is to try and consume 1/3 of your total daily caloric intake within 3 hours following training. Protein synthesis is at its highest following weight training, so this is the best time to take advantage of this anabolic window. Growth hormone is also at its highest in this time frame, so capitalize on as much as you can. Always keep in mind that nutrient intervention is what makes the metabolic shift from being catabolic to anabolic following the stimuli of exercise.

A lot to chew on, but believe it or not I gave you the short version. There is a lot more to this, so I'll leave it to you to do some more probing before I continue.

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

#8210876 - 03/29/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Fucoxanthin from Japanese Wakame Seaweed
It works without stimulating the CNS. Also a powerful anti-oxidant.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Wronguy]
    #8210905 - 03/29/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wronguy,

I have the same goal in mind as the original poster. I am pretty slim to begin with and started lifting weights for the first time in my life, so the muscular gains are pretty obvious. I have very little fat, but I can see it and it irritates me when I can see the gains in muscle I have made.

Can you recommend some high-intensity cardio work that would help? I would be doing this about three times a week, for context.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Redstorm]
    #8211328 - 03/29/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I find an hour of low intensity steady state cardio, fasted at least five days a week works awesomely for me. Walking 4-5mph.

If you wanted high intensity, try a stairstepper. Or a treadmill or eliptical on incline/resistance at a good clip for 30-45 minutes.

--------------------

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #8213234 - 03/30/08 01:04 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefGreenLeaf said:
Fucoxanthin from Japanese Wakame Seaweed
It works without stimulating the CNS. Also a powerful anti-oxidant.

do you or anyone you know have experience with this?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale