Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSyntaxerror
Vordhosbn
Male

Loc: Tampa, FL
My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?)
    #8202361 - 03/27/08 05:18 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

My friend has been a huge psychonaut for about 1.5 years. In his peak a month or so ago, he was doing 10-strips every week, and in between was also doing research chemicals, MDMA, and smoking. Yesterday he had a really bad trip on shrooms (6g), to the point where he called his girlfriend a slut for not having sex with him.

Today he is a completely different person, and is talking complete nonsense. He rants about stuff that makes NO sense and then when we refute it he flips out and claims that our "perception is messed up".

He keeps saying the words selfish, happy, and music. For instance, "Drugs are selfish. All i need is music to be happy." or "Youre selfish for buying drugs." or "I dont need drugs to enhance music"

He claimed to be in love with Anthropology and his girlfriend, but today he dumped his girlfriend and completely denied he ever liked Anthropology.

Its a bit of a shock, but something really isnt right. I can feel it.

Do you think this sudden burst of oddness/pseudo-psychosis could be something misfiring in his brain caused by psychedelics? This is not a negative bash on them, I love them just as much as the next guy. But, everything in moderation!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: Syntaxerror]
    #8202377 - 03/27/08 05:23 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

drug induced psychosis.

a long break can bring him back to baseline. I have gone through this as well, it is important for him to realize how altered he is. although I wouldn't try pushing it on him as he may need to realize it for himself. if you want to remain his friend don't be too pushy or you may come off as judgemental.

OfflineSyntaxerror
Vordhosbn
Male

Loc: Tampa, FL
Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: deranger]
    #8202409 - 03/27/08 05:30 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:
drug induced psychosis.

a long break can bring him back to baseline. I have gone through this as well, it is important for him to realize how altered he is. although I wouldn't try pushing it on him as he may need to realize it for himself. if you want to remain his friend don't be too pushy or you may come off as judgemental.

I really hope so. I'm the only one of his friends who isn't bitching at him for what he is doing... I just worry he might snap and do something stupid.

--------------------

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8202540 - 03/27/08 05:57 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Sorry I don't have any advice, but I just want to say good luck to you and your friend.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: bryguy27007]
    #8202867 - 03/27/08 07:08 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

from experience.. id personally distance yourself starting right this second

if he dumps his girlfriend then you probably wont have much luck swaying him

his problem not yours as far as i'm concerned

i tried to be the one to help... didn' t work out so well

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: anyone420]
    #8202926 - 03/27/08 07:24 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Yeah definitely stemming from overuse of psychedelics. He needs to lay off for a LONG time and reevaluate his life and all that shit.

People need to respect the fact that psychedelics really can fuck you up if you abuse them.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8202946 - 03/27/08 07:27 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Today he is a completely different person, and is talking complete nonsense. He rants about stuff that makes NO sense and then when we refute it he flips out and claims that our "perception is messed up".

We get this ALL the time on the Philosophy and Mysticism Forums...

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8203155 - 03/27/08 07:59 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

don't abandon
but don't allow yourself to be consumed by madness either

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) *DELETED* [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8203222 - 03/27/08 08:10 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Post deleted by Lion

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinehandicappedrat
Stranger

Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: Lion]
    #8203323 - 03/27/08 08:29 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

I don't know how bad your friend's trip was, but I three tabs of 2-CI one night and even the next day I still felt pretty psychotic. I was sweating in a corner grinding my teeth unable to remember even the name "2-CI" even though the drug had worn off 2 hours ago.

That's just the nature of stupid amounts of psychedelics. Your friend took too many and he needs a day to screw his head on straight.

I remember the following week I'd have flashbacks or I'd think I was tripping despite it being 2 days since the 2-CI. I was pretty fucking nuts.

Tell him to be more careful and handle himself better on them. Or maybe not do anymore at all if he thinks something is going downhill.

OfflineYlluks
Stranger

#8203512 - 03/27/08 09:05 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Here's my take on the situation:

I once ate at least 1/8 of shrooms every single day for ohhh, something like a couple months or so. I got myself into a similar situation. I was dysfunctionaly fucked up for some months after. Everything was like one of those old black and white cartoons where everything is alive and dancing around. Like being trapped in some parallel dimension where things are similar in some ways, but the rules are completely different. (that might sound kind cool, many things about it were, but it's sad when you've completely alienated yourself from all those you know and love. No way home, no way to describe what you're thinking or feeling because there's no common ground. How do you describe music to a deaf person?) Things got better in time.

Psychedelics are like fire. Fire is beneficial in many ways, but get to close and it will burn you. You need to respect and understand what the fire can do and decide how it should be used. If you wish not to harm yourself and others around you. Your friend lit a fire, but instead of cooking with it, he just jumped right into it and is being consumed by it.

I'm not trying to say that recreational use of psychedelics is wrong, but rather, moderation is definitely key. Also, it helps a lot to consider the intent behind why you are going to trip. (or anything you do for that matter.)

I think if he just chills out for awhile, there's a good chance he will get better. I wish him the best of luck. I hope you get your friend back!

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: Ylluks]
    #8203525 - 03/27/08 09:07 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

thats wayyyyy to much shrooms ahaha

whyd u do it?

--------------------

OfflineYlluks
Stranger

#8203617 - 03/27/08 09:21 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

I guess puberty hit me kind of hard or something. I went through a time in my life where I could only look at the negative things. I though about killing myself every day. I was obsessed with doing very self-destructive things all the time. I hated myself and everything because I wouldn't see the good in life along with the bad. All I could see was war, death, poverty, corruption of government and religion. Pain. Sadness. I couldn't understand why GOD (the creator, universal consciousness, whatever you want to call it) would allow these things to happen. I think the shrooms (and other psychedelics) actually did help me out in the long run. They taught me that you need contrast in life. There's no life without death, no light without darkness, etc. You can't have a picture without contrast. How could you know what joy is like if you've never suffered?

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8203630 - 03/27/08 09:24 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

interesting

i just didnt think months of shrooms was physically possible

id be so worn out and just fucked up in general

--------------------

OfflineYlluks
Stranger

#8203731 - 03/27/08 09:39 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Yeah.

You do gain a tolerance pretty quickly. After awhile, though, it's kind of like being trapped between two worlds or something. Difficult to discribe. I don't know if I'd recommend trying it. Ended up homeless, living in a tent in the woods for about six months with no job or money.

Even that was good in some ways though. Quite the humbling experiance.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8203754 - 03/27/08 09:43 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

crazy shit happens to people on the shroomery i swear

i cant really imagine doing shrooms for 2 months then living in the woods freaking out but it sounds like a unique experience

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#8203998 - 03/27/08 10:25 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

People take psychedelics for totally different reasons.

Some minds are more resilient than others.

Some people are able to become completely fucking ridiculous for any number of reasons and not even know it, and your friend is one of those people.

It doesnt sound like he is with it.
Some people can take alot more and for a longer period of time and not become some ridiculous shell of themselves with some psychosis.
Lots of people actually know what they are doing.

He really sounds like the kind of guy who didnt understand these drugs and their complexity ate away at him because of misuse.

Lots of people see this shit coming if it does happen and they stop for along time if they are not assimilating to their experiences in a way that is comfortable.

Its sounds like his true colors are accentuated, and the drugs are not to blame aside from treating his poor brain like a mixing bowl because he didnt see what he was doing to himself and just kept on being mentally lazy and just tripping balls all the time.

He is the one who kept swallowing drugs and let himself go, thats not the drugs fault.
He did not work with them carefully and seriously, or that would be my guess anyways.

He sounds sick.
He didnt see it coming which just shows you how reckless he was.

Thats one good reason why you should take these drugs seriously, because if you dont dissect it and understand the pathways, you are not a part of what they do to you because you are not conscious enough to understand reckless use, or using subtle to intense mental changes during and after the experience to your advantage or expansion of perception.

I have one (sort of) friend that experienced the same thing and for what I think are the same reasons.
I wrote a recent post about this ridiculous individual.
I feel sorry for him, and I sort of jointly blame him and the drugs, because misuse is just a word.

You need to know what you are doing.

If you pay attention, are responsible and use these drugs for a very long time, psychosis takes on much more "normal" and complex forms. Then you need to pick and choose the tools and tendencies you want to keep so you can stay as human as you desire.
Metaprogram, not deprogram.

Some people are very simple, and are more likely to experience these things after using these drugs heavily.

I know that sounds mean, but I dont think he got much out of it in combination with frequent use and some schizo-typal tendencies.

When he is not making any sense, the first thing you need to do is tell him that.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #8204257 - 03/27/08 11:14 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

He could need anti psychotics to get back to normal. Good luck getting him to the doctor though, because to him your the crazy one. If he keeps taking drugs he'll get worse, eventually he might do something really crazy.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: DimensionX]
    #8204305 - 03/27/08 11:24 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

lol thats too funny i knew someone like that, well a couple people its a shame when people cant get a grip of their shit.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: My friend. (Possible tripping induced psychosis?) [Re: thedudenj]
    #8205403 - 03/28/08 09:46 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Wow, that's a ridiculous amount of use. I went through a 2 month period where I ate acid twice a week and that was pretty rough (though very beneficial IMO). I can't imagine that level of use. It's no wonder something went wrong.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder