Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineweakace
Rook
Male

Felt syringe bubbling in between Jars
    #8175090 - 03/21/08 08:23 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

So I was flame sterilizing the needle in between jars and felt it bubbling. I couldnt see anything going on in the syringe:syringe: itself. But defiantly felt it. I am worried I killed some of the spores. I quit doing this after the first jar, but then tried it a few jars later. I quit again. Did I ruin my batch?:eek:

--------------------
The bottom line is if we can't trust what they tell us, we have to figure it out for ourselves.

The blatant dishonesty of it all is what really turns my stomach.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Felt syringe bubbling in between Jars [Re: weakace]
    #8175096 - 03/21/08 08:27 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

You were probably boiling the liquid in the needle not the syringe.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8175150 - 03/21/08 09:00 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

I've felt this happen too, everything is fine, no worries man. Some of the liquid in the needle part just shoots back into the syringe, its no big deal. But, as long as you're quick, you don't need to flame sterilize in between jars.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Felt syringe bubbling in between Jars [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8175179 - 03/21/08 09:13 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
I've felt this happen too, everything is fine, no worries man. Some of the liquid in the needle part just shoots back into the syringe, its no big deal. But, as long as you're quick, you don't need to flame sterilize in between jars.

I have never seen it shoot back into the syringe. It will escape in the direction with least resistance. This being the end of the needle.

Do not flame your needle between each jar. It is a huge waste. Every fourth jar if you really feel the need

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

Re: Felt syringe bubbling in between Jars [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8175188 - 03/21/08 09:15 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

^^ true.
Dont toss out your syringe, you only sterilized what was in the needle,, everything else is fine!..give it a shake before u innoc again and ur good to go...

Offlineweakace
Rook
Male

Re: Felt syringe bubbling in between Jars [Re: tahoe]
    #8175192 - 03/21/08 09:16 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

I didn't feel the need at all until after I watched a video that recomended it. I didn't do it on my first batch and they are colinizing at lightning speed. most of them anyway.

Question about if they stall. What should I do to help them finish? Can they be birthed if they arn't fully colonized?

--------------------
The bottom line is if we can't trust what they tell us, we have to figure it out for ourselves.

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#8175201 - 03/21/08 09:20 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

if your doing the traditional pf tek, then i would suggest reading this
not always the answer, but most of the time....

Good luck...

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Felt syringe bubbling in between Jars [Re: ultralight]
    #8177178 - 03/21/08 07:16 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

ultralight said:
if your doing the traditional pf tek, then i would suggest reading this
not always the answer, but most of the time....

Wow this might be the reason that half of my jars are not doing anything at all, the 5 with "Z" strain are almost fully white and the 5 with Burmese Yangoon are doing absolutly nothing.
I'm gonna go take the tape off of the 5 BY's now and see what happens.
Thank you.

Offlineweakace
Rook
Male

Re: Felt syringe bubbling in between Jars [Re: creekfreek]
    #8201036 - 03/27/08 11:29 AM (16 years, 4 days ago)

It has been 5-6 days since I knocked these bad boys up,:syringe: and while some are showing quarter sized growth at some of the inoc points none are growing at all 4 points. 2 of the jars show no growth at all. From now on I am not flame sterilizing between jars.:thumbdown: My question is will the jars that are growing at only 2 of the inoc points eventually fully colinize?:confused: or do they need to grow from all 4 points in order to fully consolidate? On my first 7 jars all 4 points took off at about the same time and it was a beautiful thing.:D Could it be that more solution went into those jars as it was 10cc:7 jar ratio, as opposed to 10cc:10 jar ratio?

I am nervous I wasted an entire syringe on just my second try. BTW I birthed 2 cakes from my first batch yesterday. dunked and rolled. and I am very hopefull. The rest will go into the FC in the next few days. Wish me luck!!!:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemyelination
psychopharmacologist
 User Gallery

#8201392 - 03/27/08 12:44 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

be patient. the ones with 2 areas of growth will colonize fully, it will just take longer.

Offlinedestindiver1980
MuffDiver
 User Gallery

#8201558 - 03/27/08 01:27 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

So did you flame the needle itself or the whole syringe??

If you flamed the syringe and the contents boiled, you probably did f it up but I don't know that for sure:crazy2:.  I don't think spores do well with boiling water I would imagine.

If you flamed the needle only and you just heard boiling, it was simply a little fluid left over in the needle after your last injection.  Which yeah that tiny bit probably had it's spores killed but all that went through right after should be fine.  Watch out and point the needle hole away from you.  I have had boiling hot spore water burst in my face because the hole was not pointed away.  Turn it  slowly and keep the hole away from pointing at your face.  Do not over flame it, as soon as you get a section here and there red hot, you may enter the jar.  By the time it reaches your substrate it should be cooled enough.  I would not recommend getting the hole needle scorching red hot from top to bottom at the same time, just my opinion though.

:syringe:As far as not flaming the needle.  I would not recommend that.  Having a jar here and there not colonize is far better than contaminating your grow.

Did you shake your syringe well before inoculating?  If not, that could very well be your problem:thumbup:

--------------------
:3some: Original poster of this is highc: 

I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You :bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds