Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us.
    #8196961 - 03/26/08 03:05 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

This thread is for the people who have tripped in the past, but either have decided they won't trip again, or for whom psychedelics just moved out of their lives.

Please tell us your story. Why did you quit? How was it when you tripped? Do you think you won't ever trip again?
Speak your mind.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (03/26/08 03:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Asante]
    #8196992 - 03/26/08 03:14 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I haven't really quit, just taken a long reprieve......mainly due to an inability to get any hallucinogenics.

It has been over 2 years since I tripped.

I hope to go shroom hunting this May though. :hehehe:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleAlec_Baldwin
Reigning On High
 User Gallery

Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Asante]
    #8196993 - 03/26/08 03:14 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

It get's old. It become's too much of a chore to trip. I might trip again sometime in the future but for right now I've definately got what I was looking for.

--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #8197006 - 03/26/08 03:18 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

< still tripping ..still young

Just wanted to point out the vid doesn't work ..no longer available

My brother who is almost 30 doesn't feel the need for the use of psychedelics in his life anymore which kinda bums me out I would love to trip with my brother ..
He's done it all back in the 90's ..I guess his experience ended in a trip to rehab over 8 hits of acid and his mother/my grandmother turning him in to the police because he threatened her with a KNIFE ON ACID
Problay not the smartest thing to do while on 8 hits but he ended up in morris village /a rehab center for a few days ..he felt he didn't belong with the rest of those people
I can understand that
So since then he won't touch another psychedelic
His reason is simply he's too old for them and he knows what to expect from usage of these wonderful drugs
Its like hes been there done that ..yet I haven't
still searching for Lucy
In 2005 he and his g/f joined me on my first mushroom trip ..good times
recently his g/f had the BALLS to smoke salvia with me and a her best friend who wanted to try it for the first time ..

but as for me I'm still expanding my mind to a certain extent learning all I can from myself and this crazy world
I'm sure one day I'll chose to end this trip in the right way ..
until then ..I'll continue to trip face and enjoy this life giving to me

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleAlec_Baldwin
Reigning On High
 User Gallery

Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: RandomHero]
    #8197020 - 03/26/08 03:21 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

RandomHero said:
< still tripping ..still young

Just wanted to point out the vid doesn't work ..no longer available

My brother who is almost 30 doesn't feel the need for the use of psychedelics in his life anymore which kinda bums me out I would love to trip with my brother ..
He's done it all back in the 90's ..I guess his experience ended in a trip to rehab over 8 hits of acid and his mother/my grandmother turning him in to the police because he threatened her with a KNIFE ON ACID
Problay not the smartest thing to do while on 8 hits but he ended up in morris village /a rehab center for a few days ..he felt he didn't belong with the rest of those people
I can understand that
So since then he won't touch another psychedelic
His reason is simply he's too old for them and he knows what to expect from usage of these wonderful drugs
Its like hes been there done that ..yet I haven't
still searching for Lucy
In 2005 he and his g/f joined me on my first mushroom trip ..good times
recently his g/f had the BALLS to smoke salvia with me and a her best friend who wanted to try it for the first time ..

but as for me I'm still expanding my mind to a certain extent learning all I can from myself and this crazy world
I'm sure one day I'll chose to end this trip in the right way ..
until then ..I'll continue to trip face and enjoy this life giving to me

So your Grandmother fucked your Dad?

--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #8197023 - 03/26/08 03:21 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I've done enough acid to melt a small truck, but I haven't done it in years. I guess I'm too old, and the SSRI's I'm on make it a waste.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8197044 - 03/26/08 03:27 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I havent tripped in a long long time... But I will never ever give it up. I just wandered off the path and Im workin to get back on track. I told myself that I would not trip until I am at a better stage in life. I have wasted a good 2 years and have nothing to show for it. My problems have nothing to do with tripping. So once I get my problems resolved, Im going to trip balls!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: danlennon3]
    #8197463 - 03/26/08 04:49 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I think the Buddha said something to the extent of:

When you are on a raft going down a river, when you reach your destination, do you carry the raft on your back and walk?

No one would walk on land carrying a raft on their back, that's stupid.

That's kind of what psychedelics were for me though. They showed me what I wanted to know and I feel no more a need for them.

Plus, on the flipside. My opinion on drugs has changed a lot too. They are more dangerous than I once thought. I've seen too many people flip out on psychedelics for me to honestly believe they are the best path. They definitely hold a lot of potential, but they carry a very high risk with them.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #8197553 - 03/26/08 05:06 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

It's been a while since I enjoyed tripping. I guess the novelty just wore off. I have only done e once though. I would probably try it again if I had the opportunity.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: appleorange]
    #8197603 - 03/26/08 05:16 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
They definitely hold a lot of potential, but they carry a very high risk with them.

Only if you use them irresponsibly.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: wildchild68]
    #8197637 - 03/26/08 05:24 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

July 7th will be two years since I last tripped. The last two trips I had were complete mind fucks and just had an overall weird vibe. I don't think I want to experience that again.

I also just don't feel like existing on that level of reality again. As a previous poster said, I believe I learned what I needed to learn from them.

And what I learned was to enjoy the human experience. Don't use any substance to "get away from it all" just take whatever experience you're currently having and make the most of it, squeeze out every single second you possibly can and make every moment count.

Something like that...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8197692 - 03/26/08 05:36 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Just do a poll on this message board and ask how many people here have had a bad trip or known someone who had a bad trip.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: appleorange]
    #8197736 - 03/26/08 05:44 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

All that would show is that humans label things they do not understand as "bad."

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: MOTH]
    #8197832 - 03/26/08 05:59 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

:smile:

I understand mushrooms and tripping and I would consider my worst trips as "bad".

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#8197860 - 03/26/08 06:04 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I can't say I've stopped tripping, but I only do it about once or twice a year now. At my peak it was about 2 times a month. I lived in Georgia so I could pick enough mushrooms to last me and my friends through the year.

When I was younger I really enjoyed it, but as I grow old I just don't feel like it's conducive to a good state of mind. Or perhaps it's that as I get older and move on in life I have more responsibilities and more things to worry about and higher chances of having a less desirable trip.

Last time I tripped was probably about ehh.. last June. It was on cubensis mushrooms and I dosed about 3.5 grams. It was fun but I was tripping with the wrong person. I enjoy tripping with a select few people (if not solo) and this guy was not one of them.

Since then I've had 2 doses of 2c-i, 2 doses of acid gel tabs, and 2 grams of cubensis.

And I've just had no desire to do them. They're just sitting there waiting for the right day. If this weekend goes well perhaps I'll do them then. Maybe I'll do a day trip. In my 6 years of psychedelic usage, I've never done a day trip :eek:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8197955 - 03/26/08 06:22 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
:smile:

I understand mushrooms and tripping and I would consider my worst trips as "bad".

Maybe it's just me then.  :smile:  I have had horrifying experiences on mushrooms but I can not bring myself to label them as "bad."  I don't have "good" trips either...

They're all just experiences that, no matter what I may have gone through, I cannot pin down with such a divisive black and white label...

but maybe that's just me.  :wink:

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: MOTH]
    #8197987 - 03/26/08 06:27 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Everything in life, good and bad, is a learning experience. Same goes with tripping

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Gumby]
    #8198087 - 03/26/08 06:42 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:

When I was younger I really enjoyed it, but as I grow old I just don't feel like it's conducive to a good state of mind. Or perhaps it's that as I get older and move on in life I have more responsibilities and more things to worry about and higher chances of having a less desirable trip.

I share a similar feeling. As I'm taking on more and more responsibilities, it's hard to find myself in a mindset as free from stresses as I would prefer, in order to encourage a positive tripping experience. That said, I haven't ever had what I would consider a bad trip (except for one time when I ate too much marijuana!). Nevertheless, over the past year or two I've just been too preoccupied with my work and relationships to fully immerse myself and soak up as much of the experience as I would like to. It just doesn't feel as wholesome as it used to, and this in turn has led me to seriously taper off my useage. I do hope this will change in time, but I am in no rush. I will know when the time is ripe and until then, I am happy to continue working on making myself more presently conscious and less attached to individual matters or circumstance.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #8198166 - 03/26/08 07:00 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
I think the Buddha said something to the extent of:

When you are on a raft going down a river, when you reach your destination, do you carry the raft on your back and walk?

No one would walk on land carrying a raft on their back, that's stupid.

That's kind of what psychedelics were for me though. They showed me what I wanted to know and I feel no more a need for them.

Plus, on the flipside. My opinion on drugs has changed a lot too. They are more dangerous than I once thought. I've seen too many people flip out on psychedelics for me to honestly believe they are the best path. They definitely hold a lot of potential, but they carry a very high risk with them.

that is exactly how i feel, man... plus i myself had some bad experiences with the wrong drug (dxm) in the wrong setting... so i can't enjoy them anymore, especially now that i know the risks that are involved...

--------------------

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8198274 - 03/26/08 07:25 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Alec_Baldwin said:

So your Grandmother fucked your Dad?

By all means No... I'm from the south, so my family is a little off the norm

My mother is the mother of me ,my brother and my sister ...but he was adopted by my grandmother when he was 4 years old becuase my mother wasn't the best mother to her children
..hope that clears it up ..

I'm not the only member of my fucked up family who thinks out family is fucked up
My sister is the strongest of us all ..she doesn't indulge in drugs or alcohol..shes about to get married and raise her second child
Me and my brother are almost alike
Yet I still chose to trip out and he thinks all one needs is pot to be happy and ok in life ..

I'm always up for a new psychedelic experience

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8198339 - 03/26/08 07:39 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
Quote:

Just do a poll on this message board and ask how many people here have had a bad trip or known someone who had a bad trip.

No doubt.

But I also believe that you can learn a lot from a bad trip. At least I have.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #8198421 - 03/26/08 07:58 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I haven't tripped in 2 years and 4 days, though not of my own wishes.

I had to be very careful with what I put in my body, after my stroke, and unfortunately heavy psychedelics have a way of getting me excited (bp is what I have to worry about). That trip was LSD. I haven't tripped on mushrooms for over 4 years now.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #8198464 - 03/26/08 08:03 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Had a bad trip in Winter 04, haven't tripped again since.

I would love to again, but I'm not in the right frame of mind, I wouldn't want to fuck myself up even more.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#8198742 - 03/26/08 08:56 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I downloaded alice in wonderland last the other week. I don't think I'll ever stop tripping, though.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #8199151 - 03/26/08 10:14 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

i don't trip nearly as much as i used to.

i used to think about psychedelics and tripping every single day for a long time. it was a big part of my life. after tripping so much though, it has tuned me into something more spiritual. i focus more on meditation now, and i've been practicing qi gong for 6 weeks now and really enjoy it.

i think towards the end of my heavy tripping phase i realized that tripping is more of a state of mind than it is doing drugs. i feel like if my mind keeps growing in the right direction then i will eventually be able to live completely in the present, which is what tripping does (unless the scenery doesnt change for awhile, and theres nothing new to captivate my attention, then my mind starts wandering and getting all philosophical, which sort of detaches me from what is going on externally).

anyway, i think tripping is healthy way of self exploration, and it sort of gives you a different way of realizing what you need to change about yourself for self-improvement. an example would be last time i tripped on acid, i was thinking about relationships i've had with girls in the past, and why they ended, what i did wrong, what i did right, what changes to make in future relationships, etc... and these realizations and thoughts arent something that come to me right now in a non-tripping mindset. it's things like this that make me say i'm probably always going to trip.

but then i think in the future, when i eventually have kids, it is a big risk because it's illegal. i'd have to always be there for my kids, i wouldn't want to risk going to jail or getting my kids taken away from me. it seems kind of like a stupid risk to take.

but, who knows how things will turn out. the only thing that i know is that i don't know.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck