Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: appleorange]
    #8198339 - 03/26/08 07:39 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
Quote:

Only if you use them irresponsibly.

Just do a poll on this message board and ask how many people here have had a bad trip or known someone who had a bad trip.

No doubt.

But I also believe that you can learn a lot from a bad trip. At least I have.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Asante]
    #8198421 - 03/26/08 07:58 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

I haven't tripped in 2 years and 4 days, though not of my own wishes.

I had to be very careful with what I put in my body, after my stroke, and unfortunately heavy psychedelics have a way of getting me excited (bp is what I have to worry about). That trip was LSD. I haven't tripped on mushrooms for over 4 years now.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: People who have stopped tripping.. Please share your story with us. [Re: Asante]
    #8198464 - 03/26/08 08:03 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Had a bad trip in Winter 04, haven't tripped again since.

I would love to again, but I'm not in the right frame of mind, I wouldn't want to fuck myself up even more.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#8198742 - 03/26/08 08:56 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

I downloaded alice in wonderland last the other week. I don't think I'll ever stop tripping, though.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #8199151 - 03/26/08 10:14 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

i don't trip nearly as much as i used to.

i used to think about psychedelics and tripping every single day for a long time. it was a big part of my life. after tripping so much though, it has tuned me into something more spiritual. i focus more on meditation now, and i've been practicing qi gong for 6 weeks now and really enjoy it.

i think towards the end of my heavy tripping phase i realized that tripping is more of a state of mind than it is doing drugs. i feel like if my mind keeps growing in the right direction then i will eventually be able to live completely in the present, which is what tripping does (unless the scenery doesnt change for awhile, and theres nothing new to captivate my attention, then my mind starts wandering and getting all philosophical, which sort of detaches me from what is going on externally).

anyway, i think tripping is healthy way of self exploration, and it sort of gives you a different way of realizing what you need to change about yourself for self-improvement. an example would be last time i tripped on acid, i was thinking about relationships i've had with girls in the past, and why they ended, what i did wrong, what i did right, what changes to make in future relationships, etc... and these realizations and thoughts arent something that come to me right now in a non-tripping mindset. it's things like this that make me say i'm probably always going to trip.

but then i think in the future, when i eventually have kids, it is a big risk because it's illegal. i'd have to always be there for my kids, i wouldn't want to risk going to jail or getting my kids taken away from me. it seems kind of like a stupid risk to take.

but, who knows how things will turn out. the only thing that i know is that i don't know.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag