Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinehighc
creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: maryland
Legalization of Marijuana Debate
    #8189282 - 03/24/08 09:03 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

so how do you feel about the legalization of marijuana. Not just medicinal. I'm talking you could go to Wal-Mart and buy a pound of the purp....ummmm

but really I'm not just saying potheads post here saying "legalize it". Details.

I personally believe marijuana should be legalized and cigarettes should be illegal. I love me a Newport don't get me wrong, but they are addicting and kill us. Marijuana on the other hand may be psychologically addictive but not physically. Taxing pot will send the governments revenue skyrocketing.

On the other hand it will send harder drugs on the streets revenues rise as well.Your dope dealer will become your coke dealer....ya know. But fuck it you make your own decisions.

so i say......  :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by highc (03/24/08 09:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: highc]
    #8189305 - 03/24/08 09:06 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

It won't happen, theres just to much money made off it being illegal...:sad:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8189307 - 03/24/08 09:06 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

highc said:
On the other hand it will send harder drugs on the streets revenues rise as well.

Not so sure on that. If you read up on Amsterdam (the ultimate case-study thus far for decriminalization) you'll find that soft drug use is at comparable or lower levels with other European countries even though pot is legal.

When it comes to legalization, I favor the legalization of all drugs, backed up by the introduction of the availability of uncompromised, comprehensive drug education and information, over a staggered length of time. One thing at a time. Decriminalization is a nice first step, nothing more.

Hopefully Barney Frank's new initiative picks up some steam.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

#8189320 - 03/24/08 09:08 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinehighc
creator
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: Brainiac]
    #8189343 - 03/24/08 09:12 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
It won't happen, theres just to much money made off it being illegal...:sad:

think again. If Obama gets elected president you may see some unusual changes....If he doesn't get assassinated first.

As the question has not aroused there is some speculation that he considers legalizing marijuana a way of stabilizng economy.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#8189366 - 03/24/08 09:16 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

How can we not legalize it?!? There are 1.2 million non-violent drug offenders in prison in the U.S, the majority of whom are there for cannabis. That means 1.2 million people are locked in cages and working for slave-like non-wages, just for using and selling chemicals which our government doesn't sanction, none of whose legalization could possibly have a more devastating effect on Americans' health and safety than alcohol, tobacco, and junk food.

Not to mention, the U.S. government has allied itself many times in our history with international drug syndicates for profit, and is probably doing so right now. The CIA introduced crack cocaine to America's ghettos and profited from it, and now private companies profit from gov't. contracts to build prisons to house all the addicts.

So...I am strongly in favor of legalization of cannabis. And everything else.

Edited by Lion (03/24/08 09:23 PM)

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate *DELETED* [Re: highc]
    #8189368 - 03/24/08 09:17 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted

OfflineJeebies
Male

Loc: Transgenic corn&beans, USA Flag
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8189372 - 03/24/08 09:17 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Male

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: Chubba]
    #8189373 - 03/24/08 09:18 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
I don't want it legalized because I got no self control or willpower and it always ends up fucking my life up.

You still get it easily enough now don't you? The illegality of pot doesn't really prevent the people who want it from getting it.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate *DELETED* [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8189385 - 03/24/08 09:20 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted

OfflineJeebies
Male

Loc: Transgenic corn&beans, USA Flag
    #8189401 - 03/24/08 09:23 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

People who have lived with marijuana prohibition (i.e. all of us) won't have any problem with not smoking pot in front of family, or just "willy nilly"

imho

That stigma you're referring to will still exist even when pot is illegal. It will take a couple of generations for all that to go away completely.

Edited by Jeebies (03/24/08 09:25 PM)

Male

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: Jeebies]
    #8189411 - 03/24/08 09:26 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

:lol:  Bring on the Willy Nilly!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
    #8189423 - 03/24/08 09:30 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

When i think that simple possesion of pot is punishable by prison time really leaves me confused. It really lacks any reason to me. I believe in the legalization of pot...not so much for the "harder" drugs(coke meth etc). Sure i believe that people should have the right to do with their bodies what they please... but i feel like in order to decriminalize or legalize something, one must weigh the harm to society or people if it is legal or if it is illegal. With pot i think there is obviously far more harm done to people via the legal repercussions

just my 2 cents

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
    #8189425 - 03/24/08 09:30 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

legalize it all. if you wanna do it, do it. it should all be available from certified dealers. quality control is definately important. you need to know what youre getting about how much you are getting.

if you get hooked on meth and do something stupid when youre high, youll still be punished for doing whatever it was that you did.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

InvisibleDieCommie

#8189435 - 03/24/08 09:34 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

highc said:I personally believe marijuana should be legalized and cigarettes should be illegal.

End one drug war and start another huh? What about cigars, you gonna take away my freedom to smoke a cigar too?

Offlinehighc
creator
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: DieCommie]
    #8189531 - 03/24/08 10:04 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

highc said:I personally believe marijuana should be legalized and cigarettes should be illegal.

End one drug war and start another huh? What about cigars, you gonna take away my freedom to smoke a cigar too?

yeah i guess your right. Cigs still legal then.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #8189549 - 03/24/08 10:09 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

All plants legal. It's a total absurdity to make a crime out of interacting with another life form. As long as certain plants and other natural life remain illegal I will continue to consider modern human societies that uphold this law to be unintelligent.

--------------------

Offlinexaeviax
Wayward Son of Man
Male

Loc: Flag
    #8189557 - 03/24/08 10:11 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I think cigs should stay legal also. I think that if marijuana were legalized you would see a huge number of people stop smoking tobacco all together. I know thats what would happen for me anyways.

--------------------
I am a faker. Pretending along.

OfflineMrReedz
Stranger

#8189598 - 03/24/08 10:25 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I believe in the decriminalization of Marijuana. It's true a staggering amount of people are put behind bars for Marijuana related charges.
Personally, I could care less if you sit in your house and cache a bowl. I have seen friend's lives rocked by Marijuana charges, the repercussions go far beyond simple incarceration.
It's an interesting story of how drugs became illegal. Basically, we can do nothing but, blame ourselves! It is "us" (Society) that has banned every single drug there is.

Take Cocaine for example, back in what the 30's-40's (correct me if I am wrong I do not have that paper in front of me) you could find coke in everything from soda to children's cough medicine.
You would not believe how much racial discrimination played a part in making marijuana and coke illegal.
Both Coke and, Marijuana were thought to give African Americans "Super-Human" strength and they were "raping" white women.
Among others was the thought that the depression was due to society's decline because of drugs.
I wish I could post some of the crazy stories that were posted in the newspapers from that era.

Basically, Marijuana and Cocaine have a fine line between use and abuse. The fact that uneducated decisions lead us to where we are it will take some education on the subject of "controlled-substances" to get us back on an "even" path.

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #8189603 - 03/24/08 10:27 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
When it comes to legalization, I favor the legalization of all drugs, backed up by the introduction of the availability of uncompromised, comprehensive drug education and information, over a staggered length of time. One thing at a time. Decriminalization is a nice first step, nothing more.

Exactly how i feel.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Offlinelongtimegone
Isis Luna
Female
Loc: Colorado
    #8189640 - 03/24/08 10:37 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

So... this makes me think of T. McKenna... that the idea that any plant or animal should be illegal is ridiculous. I don't like the sounds of Walmart selling pounds... but if legalized, perhaps that would eventually happen. I like the person-to-person network that exists now. Nonetheless...the government seems to like to try to control substances that can take people out of their daily perspectives.... even if these substances grow naturally from the Earth.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: longtimegone]
    #8189655 - 03/24/08 10:42 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Herb should be legalized its medicine its a gift the tree of life. Legalize it! Peace

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate *DELETED* [Re: longtimegone]
    #8189657 - 03/24/08 10:43 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: Reason for deleting?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: Chemy]
    #8189712 - 03/24/08 11:04 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

THC itself is non-toxic

i suppose someone could beat you to death with a brick of mexi-schwag, but other than that, pot cant kill you, so you need not a disclaimer stating it may not be non-toxic. it ISN't toxic.period.fin.END.

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Offlinemisterdogman
Educationalresearcher ofthe Shroom
Male

Loc: International Waters in a...
    #8189768 - 03/24/08 11:23 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

For more than smoking, yeah I could bore you with the basic natural antidepressant and medicinal stuff about it, but as for other things it is also a great substance. A 12 foot by 12 foot room can make as much clothing as an acre of cotton or as much paper as a hundred million times the weight in trees. Also it is proving to be a great source for oils and fuels we have only began tap as a resource. Who knows how much fuel we could make out of it if we were able to convert the sugars into ethanol. If we really wanted to we could synthisize the oils into new plastics and the whole plant into wood like sythetics to build homes all from a plant we can mass produce in the quanities we need either in a few rooms or a couple small fields. It is sad and really scandallous that we have the technology to do these things but we still choose to rape the environment by using products that are exponentially less efficient. Goes to show you the old ways prevail and the laws are governed by who is already established. I.E. the people who own Cannibus' competition, like the cotton, Oil, Natural logging companies etc. In order to get a foot hold for new ideas these things would have to be either phased out or proven as a whole to be inferior compared to cannibus and nobody will invest the capital in an illegal substance to prove it.

--------------------
While driving my overpowered car around tight corners like a maniac all my friends yell out. Hey man slow down, we might Wreck. I reply, Shut up, I drive like Dale Earnhardt. They all look around at each other and laugh. Then one asks me. Hey wait, isnt he dead? Well yeah he is I said. Then I drive like Junior I mumble, while I promptly slow down.
"Everyday is opposite day. Everything I say is opposite of what you think I am saying. So if I say something and you think I mean one thing it is the opposite of what I am really trying to say. I actually mean another thing other than what you are thinking I am saying. Get it? Good because that's what I meant".
"You may defeat me, you may even destroy me, But you will never CONQUER me"!

Offlinechemical burn
fgt
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: meatcakeman]
    #8189971 - 03/25/08 12:24 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

There's too much controversy that no politicians want to deal with. Especially with all of the negative hype that has been built around it. It would be nice, but not likely. Luckily here in Canada, cops are easy about weed. haha. It's a different story here than it is in the states.
A lot of the time it's not so much an issue about "oh shit i hope I don't get caught." It's more of a "fuck I cant find any weed... I wish it was legal so i could just run to the store and get some."

EDIT: I agree with deadatdusk. good points.

--------------------
take another death trip on your cocaine line, then take a step into my psychedelic mind.

Edited by chemical burn (03/25/08 12:27 AM)

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #8190035 - 03/25/08 12:55 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I think cannabis should be legal to buy/sell use...everything. And I think ALL drugs should be legal to buy and use, but not 100% legal.

If cannabis was 100% legal with maybe an age restriction...how awesome would that be? Cannabis is way easier to grow than tobacco, and you can buy a pack of cigs for like 9 dollars around here. Imagine being able to buy a pack of joints for that price...that would be nutz. And theres no reason why it would be any more expensive...except maybe taxes. Because its an easy plant to grow.

And I think all other drugs should be decriminalized, not 100% legal though.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: aDoS]
    #8190070 - 03/25/08 01:13 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

cigs for 9 dollars? damn dude :eek:

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#8190223 - 03/25/08 02:54 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Legalization of Marijuana Debate

I think Marijuana Debate should be legalized :lol:

But seriously, there IS no debate. It is all bull shit. The prohibitionists have no case whatsoever.

I live in Holland. Here we have decriminalized Marijuana, which to the user means that its just about legal. Within  15 minutes walking distance I have several "coffee shops" where you can walk in, make your choice from a "menu" and get up to 5 grams of the weed or hash you desire. In and out the door in 3 minutes if you're in a hurry.

Guess what? The Dutch people have LESS pot users per 1.000, and LESS people who have ever used pot per 1.000 than in the other European countries and especially the USA.

In the USA many youths smoke pot because of its rebellious, counter culture image. In Holland, only people who want to get high light up. Pot isn't cool, it isn't uncool, it just is. A fact of life.

Most of the money spent on pot ends up outside the criminal circuit, and ends up in legitimate business instead. Coffeeshop owners can't afford to deal in hard drugs, guns, violence and extortion - their shop would be closed down if they did.

Every home in Holland is allowed to grow 5 pot plants from seeds in their garden, provided no artificial light or automatic irrigation is used.

Not a problem.

Shrooms.

You can buy shrooms in "smartshops" in Holland, in the same kind of walkin-walkout deal. And this has been the case for 15 years now. No Problems with that.

Sure, the christian rightwingers want to illegalize it based on irresponsible tourists freaking out, and they're doing a damn good job scaring people and politicians alike :mad2:

But if you objectively look at it - shrooms and weed aren't a problem in Holland, nowhere near the problem it is in the USA. We save money by not jailing users. We are saving police and court capacity by not arresting and sentencing users.

The criminal justice system isn't burdened by persecution of users.
Joe Blow isn't taxed for criminalization costs. (policing, court, jail)
The user isn't persecuted over something silly like use or petty posession.
We have less users per 1.000, current and lifetime, than in the USA.
Our pot users tend to use smaller doses.

What is the problem here? The problem is christian conservatives being whining bitches and scaring people for their own political agenda. The Dutch Model of decriminalization and legal tolerance only has benefits.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (03/25/08 02:59 AM)

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: Asante]
    #8190259 - 03/25/08 03:20 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I think decriminalization for possession. And i think the penalty for dealing should be drastically reduced as well. Its not like you force people to buy it, and its not deadly addictive so i don't think people should be going to jail for selling it. I don't understand why so many people see drug dealers as "evil" because they sell dangerous chemicals, while they see the the guy at the corner store who sells tobacco as a legitimate business man.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: DimensionX]
    #8190273 - 03/25/08 03:30 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

I don't understand why so many people see drug dealers as "evil" because they sell dangerous chemicals

Suppose you have a 14yo daughter. Suddenly her whole behavior changes for the worse and her grades plummet. Teachers tell you she just about dropped out.

Then you find out that a guy she knows is a dealer who got her hooked on crack and supplies her with the very stuff that's destroying her life. And you can't figure where she gets the money.

Would or would you not bitchsmack this guy all over your front porch? :crankey:

Decriminalize weed possession and use, decriminalize smalltime dealing and decriminalize growing small numbers of plants to break the chain. Thats the least one should do.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

#8190279 - 03/25/08 03:42 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

True, selling to kids is very scummy. Especially if its crack, which i would never want legalized. But i think there is a huge double standard, where people think its acceptable to sell tobacco but when its other drugs its evil.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: DimensionX]
    #8190315 - 03/25/08 04:32 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

i think there is a huge double standard, where people think its acceptable to sell tobacco but when its other drugs its evil.

Its not a double standard, you are comparing apples and pears. Not all drugs are created equal.

Suppose all the kids who now start their drug career with smoking pot, instead would start smoking heroin as their first drug?

With Marijuana most can afford to mess up, with marijuana they'll "live and learn". With crack, meth or heroin, messing up can mean an overdose or a lifelong struggle with addiction.

Smoking cigarettes is very addictive, yes. As is meth. But you can be heavily addicted to tobacco and still live a functional happy life as a productive member of society. With a heavy meth addiction you cannot. It fucks with your head. Bigtime. You get craves and crazes, binges of five nights without sleep and two days recovery. You get impatient and aggressive, socially and sexually. Psychotic breaks. And meanwhile your capacity to take pleasure in ordinary things shrivels away. Tobacco doesn't do that.

Drugs are like animals. Would it be a double standard to pet a kitty, but not pet a lion?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (03/25/08 04:33 AM)

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

#8190369 - 03/25/08 05:33 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Thats true when comparing heroin, crack and meth. But when your comparing to someone who sells e or LSD or mushrooms or any of the other less dangerous drugs people still think that its evil, but selling tobacco is considered fine. I think its very questionable that these drugs are more dangerous.

OfflineMrReedz
Stranger

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: chemical burn]
    #8248338 - 04/06/08 08:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chemical burn said:
There's too much controversy that no politicians want to deal with. Especially with all of the negative hype that has been built around it.

EDIT: I agree with deadatdusk. good points.

True a lot of politicians do not want to touch this subject and, if they do then it is not a view that our generation agrees with. Actually, many states have decriminalized Marijuana use Oregon was the first state I believe in 1973 they made it to where you have have about an ounce on you have it is a civil crime not criminal. Newyork, Alaska, California all have some form of decriminalization. Infact, Arizona in 2002 tried to decriminalize Marijuana but, failed... Thank you democraps...

Republicans and Democrats are the same shit, different piles.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: MrReedz]
    #8248429 - 04/06/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yeah that too is a problem. we're being lead by grumpy old people with their hair falling out. it is our children who ought to be in power, not the other way around.

--------------------

OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #8248683 - 04/06/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I am definently for legalization. However, I think there is some other things that need to be addressed first.

MEDICALIZATION: The first step towards legalization. How can we be fighting for legalization when we cant even get medicinal marijuana for all? If the terminally ill cant smoke marijuana, how the hell are the perfectly healthy gonna get a hold of it?

Decriminize It: See what happens when it is decriminalized. See how marijuana use changes, or if it changes at all. See how the prison population is effected.

and of course, step 3 ........ LEGALIZE IT.

But only if decriminalizing it shows us that legalizing it would be alright.

Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: meatcakeman]
    #8249043 - 04/07/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

See you actually gotta think about it, if it were "legalized" then there just really wouldn't be any fun in smoking it. The paranoia you get plays a pretty big role in the whole lifestyle of pot smoking. I honestly think weed would just get old if i was able to walk around town smoking a blunt and not having a word said to me about it. Decriminalizing has played it's part, as for medicinal purposes as well. But legalizing it in it's entirety would probably lead to total disaster in the long run.

Alright well maybe not a "total disaster", but it would just be ridiculous seeing a bunch of stoned zombies walking the streets, and bank tellers (that handle YOUR money) with bloodshot eyes. It would just be annoying to me. The job market would probably slump because everybody would rather spend their time getting high AT work. Adolescents would have easier access to it and people wouldn't think it was "immoral" anymore, just funny.

Now i'm just rambling. and I'm not saying that you should agree with me here, just keep an open mind to the possibilities that there could actually be BAD sides to legalizing.

Taking the risks not to get caught, gives smoking the thrills and makes it exciting.

Then again.... it's just my opinion.

Edited by asian_raggs (04/07/08 12:51 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: asian_raggs]
    #8249485 - 04/07/08 04:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

See you actually gotta think about it, if it were "legalized" then there just really wouldn't be any fun in smoking it. The paranoia you get plays a pretty big role in the whole lifestyle of pot smoking. I honestly think weed would just get old if i was able to walk around town smoking a blunt and not having a word said to me about it.

See? You're one of these "rebels" I spoke of a couple of posts up.

In Holland we don't have that, people just smoke it to get high. And thats why we have less pot smokers (current and lifetime) per 1.000 as the USA has.

Quote:

Taking the risks not to get caught, gives smoking the thrills and makes it exciting.

Thats a silly reason to smoke pot. It is for getting high. You compromise your wallet, your health and your free time for the purpose of experiencing the high, not for the thrill of doing something naughty.

If the high doesn't do it for you, by all means stop.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8249521 - 04/07/08 05:20 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

asian_raggs said:

... it would just be ridiculous seeing a bunch of stoned zombies walking the streets, and bank tellers (that handle YOUR money) with bloodshot eyes. It would just be annoying to me. The job market would probably slump because everybody would rather spend their time getting high AT work. Adolescents would have easier access to it and people wouldn't think it was "immoral" anymore, just funny.

legalization dosn't mean it would be OK to come to work blazed..just as its not ok to come to work drunk. Does that mean some people dont come to work drunk? no, but thats like assuming that pot consistently makes people irresponsible.

As somone who is underaged, I personally have always had an easier time (as well as my friends) getting pot than alcohol. Why? Because it's not regulated and the dealers dont give a shit how old you are.

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

#8249626 - 04/07/08 07:06 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

See you actually gotta think about it, if it were "legalized" then there just really wouldn't be any fun in smoking it. The paranoia you get plays a pretty big role in the whole lifestyle of pot smoking. I honestly think weed would just get old if i was able to walk around town smoking a blunt and not having a word said to me about it.

See? You're one of these "rebels" I spoke of a couple of posts up.

In Holland we don't have that, people just smoke it to get high. And thats why we have less pot smokers (current and lifetime) per 1.000 as the USA has.

Quote:

Thats a silly reason to smoke pot. It is for getting high. You compromise your wallet, your health and your free time for the purpose of experiencing the high, not for the thrill of doing something naughty.

If the high doesn't do it for you, by all means stop.

I have been aware of Holland's laws and statistics for some time, and I could see how you got the "rebel" impression on me, and it's pretty accurate i guess for the most part. The old me anyways

And i LOVE getting high don't get me wrong about that. I've just always been a very paranoid person to begin with (even before i started smoking), and i usually think that there has to always be some kind of catch to everything. Therefore thinking that legalizing would have adverse effects on society. i always keep my mind more open than a cheap slut's legs in the backseat of a station wagon on prom night, so i wouldn't mind reconsidering my viewpoints on this subject.

As for the "taking risks" part, I just moved to California from Georgia a few months ago, where anything that we did had to be as sneaky and under the radar as much as possible. Adjusting to this new lifestyle of just walking into a dispensary is still kind of alien to me, but i'm getting used to it. My reasons for smoking are far from rebelling, more-so in the matter of spiritual guidance. And i love meditating when i'm high.

-Fuck, i hate the fact that i even confuse MYSELF when i speak my mind, and a lot of things get put out of context. (i probably contradicted myself a bunch too). I've BARELY slept this past week and i'm starting to see streaks flashing from the corner of my eyes, (hah) and trying to get some rest sounds good. i think i'll continue this in the morning when my mind is refreshed a little. i just wanted to hurry up and get some stuff covered before i turn in.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #8249963 - 04/07/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think the issue that was brought up by asian_raggs concerning people coming to work stoned was a good point. That may be one of the major factors to some people when considering legalization.

With alcohol (our only legal inebriate?) if your employer suspects you of drinking he can smell it on you, your speech is slurred and if he has any doubt he could just phone the police to give you a quick breathalizer test to see if you are currently under it's influence.

Does there currently exist a quick and easy test to see if a person is currently under the influence of marijuana? I know there are tests to see if you've smoked in the past 30 days but does a test exist to see if you've smoked in the past hour?

Also we need to consider DUI laws. Is there a roadside test to know definitively if a driver is under the influence of marijuana? How is this currently handled in the US other than a cop going on a hunch?

Most of these questions are directed towards Wiccan_Seeker I suppose. How does Holland deal with these issues or are they non-issues? I think US policy makers would bring up these points in a legalization debate. What would be our answers?

--------------------

Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8251377 - 04/07/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

x2and2makes5 said:
Quote:

asian_raggs said:

... it would just be ridiculous seeing a bunch of stoned zombies walking the streets, and bank tellers (that handle YOUR money) with bloodshot eyes. It would just be annoying to me. The job market would probably slump because everybody would rather spend their time getting high AT work. Adolescents would have easier access to it and people wouldn't think it was "immoral" anymore, just funny.

legalization dosn't mean it would be OK to come to work blazed..just as its not ok to come to work drunk. Does that mean some people dont come to work drunk? no, but thats like assuming that pot consistently makes people irresponsible.

As somone who is underaged, I personally have always had an easier time (as well as my friends) getting pot than alcohol. Why? Because it's not regulated and the dealers dont give a shit how old you are.

Pot can make you lazy. Though it DOES differ from person to person. i have even found myself in certain situations working BETTER at times cause after a long night in the kitchen (i was the head cook at the busiest Pizza Hut in middle Ga.),smoking one to the dome was always a relief . But there have also been incidents where half of the employees disappeared and i was getting fucked handling the kitchen by myself and i'd find them all behind the dumpster getting high. There is just times where smoking shouldn't be mixed with getting work done. People procrastinate a lot more when they're blazed. But like i said, it varies from person to person. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8251624 - 04/07/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well yeah :lol: I get lazy when I toke too

I'm just saying, pot being legal wont necessarily increase in the amount of people being irresponsible at work... I'm not totally sure how your reply was relevant to what I was saying. Pot being legalized dosnt mean saying that it should be mixed with work. I think your sample group of Pizza Hut employees isn't exactly properly weighted when it comes to the job market as a whole.

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
    #8251680 - 04/07/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

the argument i get when i bring this up is that it has "4 times as much cancer causing chemicals than cigarettes". im not sure how true that is i never really cared anyways because im still going to toke, and i just roll my eyes and walk away, its nothing to get worked up about anyways. isnt there some data somewhere stating that THC shrunk cancer cells or somthing?

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate *DELETED* [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8251682 - 04/07/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
    #8251714 - 04/07/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
Well, x2and2, you are wrong, if marijuana was legalized, everyone would consume marijuana and society as a whole would become a zombie nightmare just like asian raggs said.

School children age 5 and up would become addicted to marijuana.

Handicapped people would be the preferred victim of marijuana addict robbers.

I for one can not let that happen, I am writing my local senator to ensure that bank tellers stay sober, thank you asian raggs, you showed me how harmful an end to marijuana prohibition would harm society.

I'm going to make a DARE donation right now.

:rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #8251769 - 04/07/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Phish_Dude said:
the argument i get when i bring this up is that it has "4 times as much cancer causing chemicals than cigarettes". im not sure how true that is i never really cared anyways because im still going to toke, and i just roll my eyes and walk away, its nothing to get worked up about anyways. isnt there some data somewhere stating that THC shrunk cancer cells or somthing?

There are conflicting studies. The lack of funding for marijuana research has left ambiguity.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: DieCommie]
    #8251862 - 04/07/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

thats what i was thinking, i just tell those people to use a vape if they are worried about it and they couldn't get any legitimate argument after that. other than it kills brain cells :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8251864 - 04/07/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
Well, x2and2, you are wrong, if marijuana was legalized, everyone would consume marijuana and society as a whole would become a zombie nightmare just like asian raggs said.

School children age 5 and up would become addicted to marijuana.

Handicapped people would be the preferred victim of marijuana addict robbers.

I for one can not let that happen, I am writing my local senator to ensure that bank tellers stay sober, thank you asian raggs, you showed me how harmful an end to marijuana prohibition would harm society.

I'm going to make a DARE donation right now.

&feature=related

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8251983 - 04/07/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

fuck this discussion its a no brainer

legalize all drugs

nobody has a right to tell you what to do with your own body

if you disagree first of all grow the fuck up and second ill be laughing at your simple mindedness as i spark my dutch

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
. [Re: anyone420]
    #8252055 - 04/07/08 06:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Edited by x2and2makes5 (03/19/09 04:57 PM)

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8254444 - 04/08/08 06:11 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

it is that simple

take drugs out of the hands of dangerous people and put them in the hands of market businessmen

if crack cocaine was legal you would have less overdoses because there is no standard for which it is made > more purity meaning less danger > less crime associated with obtaining crack > millions of people who never harmed another person out of jail > free market rehab services without the risk of being put in jail for trying to get help > reduced prices so it doesnt ruin someones life financially

what has the war on drugs resulted in ? more fucking drugs

what about the war on poverty? more fucking poverty

war on terror? more fucking terrorists

the government is too corrupt, too inefficient, too stupid, and too large to ever have a chance at solving these problems

government NEVER solves problems it only creates more. if you want them to bail you out financially then your problem isnt solved at all, your problem is financial irresponsibility which you have to overcome yourself, not by robbing every fucking one else in the country at gunpoint to pay for your stupidity

i propose we all have the right to work for what we have and keep what we work for

that fucking simple

--------------------

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8255615 - 04/08/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Edited by x2and2makes5 (03/19/09 04:56 PM)

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8255643 - 04/08/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Why would legalization be a bad thing, what would result? Why would it cause more harm?

I'll give a few reasons why it would do the exact opposite.

Follow my train of thought... I'll use cocaine for example.

Cocaine is a black market item.

Therefore, there are no regulatory standards involved to ensure purity, concentration, dosage.

Thus, as a result of legalization, regulatory standards would be applied and purity, concentration, and dosage would be exact, resulting in little to no overdoses.

When was the last time you bought an alcoholic beverage thinking it was say, 30 proof, and when you opened it it was 90 proof?

Never.

Now back to cocaine, as a black market item, their are certain risks involved in producing and selling it. Therefore there is a large cost associated with it.

As a result of this large cost, many users find themselfs going broke. In order to feed this addiction, they find themselfs robbing, stealing, killing, and otherwise harming others in order to obtain the money to feed this addiction.

If it was legal.. costs would decrease dramatically, resulting in affordability.

As a result of affordability, the crimes associated with affording it would decrease dramatically.

If cocaine was legal.. those who wanted help to overcome their addiction could seek professional help. Nowadays, addicts are too scared that they will be put in prision to go seek help due to that it is illegal.

Safe, secure, rehabilitation alternatives would result in legalization.

Now, setting aside the legal standpoint, lets talk about the moral standpoint.

We are all humans on a giant rock in space. Telling one another what to put in their bodies is wrong. This is an unavoidable fact.

If i decided that candy and desert items were bad for people, because it made them fat, and decided that all of these should be illegal, would i be justified in saying this?

Now translate this to drugs, and i justified in telling people what drugs to put in their own body?

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate [Re: Helpme1]
    #8255726 - 04/08/08 03:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Helpme1 said:
THC itself is non-toxic

i suppose someone could beat you to death with a brick of mexi-schwag, but other than that, pot cant kill you, so you need not a disclaimer stating it may not be non-toxic. it ISN't toxic.period.fin.END.

this shit is wrong

heart attack, stroke, et cet

nothing is nontoxic that is centrally active, nothing

when you make a scientific claim and use the word "no" you tell a lie

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8255919 - 04/08/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Edited by x2and2makes5 (03/19/09 04:56 PM)

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8258633 - 04/09/08 04:45 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well i can agree with you there on the legalization issue..

If it makes you feel any better, drug use is higher today as a result of prohibition than it was when everything was legal, and many studies have shown that hard drug use would stay about the same.

You'll have to take my word for it, i cant seem to find those studies but i know they exist.

The real tragedy is how many americans have been victimized by this over intrusive government, and have been rotting in jail for decades for using a drug; something that does not harm others.

Corpus Delicti says that there must be a body of evidence against the accused, and a damaged party for a crime to occur.

There is no damaged party if i decide to shoot up some heroin, i understand fully the dangers of this drug, but i should be free to make this decision just as you make the decision to eat fatty foods, or do something 'jackass-style' like light my ass on fire.

Therefore, courts have known this supreme court ruling, and have totally turned a blind eye to it and throw a contempt of court charge at anyone who tries to point out their contradictions. Check out adventuresinlegalland.com if you want to learn more about this issue. The site basically provides a set of questions for a judge, which you are allowed to ask, and they are intended to box the judge into a web of contradiction making him throw out all charges. It's quite brilliant actually.

I don't understand how some guy sitting on a wooden box, with a black robe, and a wooden stick calling himself a judge has the divine authority to send me to jail for the rest of my life if he chooses so. I don't understand why i am forced to pay for their programs, which i do not consent to, at the barrel of a gun meanwhile they are in no obligation to even provide these serviecs to begin with. I don't understand how a bunch of people can get togather in the same room, write some rules down on a peice of paper, and all of a sudden control the actions of an entire continents worth of people.

Government is just illegitimate, criminal, and operates under the threat of violence and this is just wrong.

The drug war is just an excuse to expand the police state my friend, i hope you will consider the infinitely worse consequences of drug prohibition, as opposed to legalization.

--------------------

Edited by anyone420 (04/09/08 04:50 AM)

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate *DELETED* [Re: anyone420]
    #8258665 - 04/09/08 05:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8258672 - 04/09/08 05:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I know more white crack dealers than i do black crack dealers, if its any consolation.

Skin color is just the amount of melanin in the skin, by the way.

Anyone attracted to the exorbitant profits that can be made dealing on the black market, will do so by any means necessary. Even selling crack to children, or selling a bad batch of heroin to a teen ager.

Eliminate the drug war, and you take the drugs out of the hands of people that will sell them by any means, and by any standards, and put them into the hands of accountable market entities.

Your completely right, Chemy, about the demand. It will only continue to increase.

If you really want to save your neighbors from some awful overdose, or a lifelong addiction, then LEGALIZE IT!!!!

--------------------

Edited by anyone420 (04/09/08 05:16 AM)

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Legalization of Marijuana Debate *DELETED* [Re: anyone420]
    #8258689 - 04/09/08 05:25 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8258694 - 04/09/08 05:26 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Such is true.

Many young g's slang rocks in the hood.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale