Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #8191135 - 03/25/08 11:31 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Mr_Spliff said:It seems that something has been placing Info infront of me, or like I am somehow seeking info and finding it really easy, like it just falls into my lap.

Could you explain this a little more?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Undesclosed Location (its...
Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: WScott]
    #8191156 - 03/25/08 11:41 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

like coincedences, or synchronisities I think.

I was at a book store, and saw a black dude reading something, figured black history, no offenses, real thoughts, well asked if he had a book to recomended,(never open conversations with african americans, mostly outa small fear and embarassment, (you the whole thing bout them bein bigger LOL jk sorta) wel he handed me a david icke book "time loop" and normally I wouldnt give the guy the time of day, but he had the book on a chapter about his ayahuasca experience, which I had been contemplating my last shroom experience, and had hard core Daja vu, well the themes in the book and my life were surfing the same wave together, how be it Icke is a bit paranoad, Lizard men and what have you, I think its all a mataphor for what really going on.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #8191492 - 03/25/08 01:23 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Mr_Spliff said:
It was an experience yes, but life must be experienced to be understood no? Im sure my phylisophical views are evident in my writings, even umongst my rants and rampble. I have no foundation to work with language, in context to learning grammer in a common enviroment as others as to relate my ideas across in an ideal manner. So as you can see im at a slight disadvantage to most, I come as a seeker.

This is a fucking great attitude to have, my friend. :thumbup: Posting here is an excellent way to improve your language skills. I would suggest making use of the spell checker, but put effort into learning the way to spell each word that needs corrected, instead of just correcting it, and if you know a word is spelled wrong or you are unsure as you are typing your posts, open up www.dictionary.com and actively seek out the correct spelling. Grammar will come easier, I think, but it might be a good idea to search for some learning resources, perhaps wikipedia. Language is the means of abstract understanding of experience, and having a good grasp of language itself will only proliferate your understanding. :wink:

Quote:

They can place a time released pellet of a protien that is folded in fetal chickens, it causes tail growth, it turns Off at a certain age of fetal development restricting the length of the tail. The point is that with the protien around longer mimicing an On signal the chicken grew a longer tail with more vertabre that resemble a raptors tail. They were even able to get chickens to grow teeth, shaped like dino teeth. The point is that the Dino Genes are already there, they just adapted to the eviroment turning off sooner. They hope to make chickens look like Dinos some day.

I tell you what, from reading this, to your quotation of the Bible, and everything else you've posted, it seems pretty clear that you're sucking in understanding like a sponge. :lol: If you're having a dilemma finding the right college to satisfy your specific needs, I'd allay that matter for now and stick with the Internet. College will always be there; I haven't went yet myself. :hehehe:

Quote:

My point is that I wonder what the DMT molecule does in all this. Can an exogenous source act as those protien pellets did? Our pennel glands calsify at puperty and endogenous DMT is limited to the blood stream. Can DMT help to turn On currently Off genes? We know already our brains send info on the quantum level to the past and future at least up to 500 milliseconds. Can this be likened unto a fetal chicken's tail?

Those questions are good ones, but if you are exploring subject matter that is more strictly scientific in nature, like this, I'd suggest posting those over in the Science and Technology forum, as the audience there might be more equipped to enter into serious discussion.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8191660 - 03/25/08 02:09 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

but life must be experienced to be understood no?

No. Life cannot be understood.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: Icelander]
    #8193258 - 03/25/08 07:27 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah I guess I would have to agree with you Icelander.
Maybe understanding life best be left to god. eh

somewhere in the bible "know ye not that ye are the temple of god, and that the spirit of god dwelith in you?"

Not here, not now, tomorrow, or ever.

Only in infinity.

Will be moving this to Science and technologies.

Edit: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8193333/an/0/page/0

Edited by Mr_Spliff (03/25/08 07:47 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8193353 - 03/25/08 07:50 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

i disagree with your take on what you have seen but I have seen simmilar things.
I know that the psychedelic effect is one of time dilation nature.
but what it is dilating is only the fade part of each signal in the brain.
the more you dose the longer each signal takes to fade out.

this makes entire moments over lap other ones.
there is no way to distinguish what comes before or after what except vaguely. everything may as well be all happenning together.

this is partly true anyway but in another sense.
all things in a gestalt moment happen together.

what you are on about is chimeric. it is the the trail of a convincing appearance.

if there is any way to get back to school. do it.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8193579 - 03/25/08 08:39 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

This keeps me full for a while, a meaty topic it is. check it out...

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/Sicily.htm

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8193688 - 03/25/08 09:00 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

i'm not sure its just messing with fade signals redgreen.

from within that frame of mind/time it appears that there are objects or patterns that exist in several unrelated points of time, but have a coherent function and definite shape when viewing all time simultaneously.

i'm going to have to use a crappy metaphor here.

are we talking about if time was a cartoon flipbook, being able to see all the pages at once instead of in order?
because the metaphor would be, there are little marks on each page that when flipped through sequentially don't form anything, but when looking at all the pages at once make a picture.

here is my shitty drawing.

[image][/image]

its way more complicated than that, because time isn't a flat image, and it appears there are multiple types of time working simultaneous... multiple universal gestalts.

Also, i don't think it could be drugs alone, because like i said this didn't come from drugs for me, it came instantly upon looking a "mystic" in the eyes in the form of memories that never happened.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8195038 - 03/26/08 02:09 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Mr_Spliff said:
This keeps me full for a while, a meaty topic it is. check it out...

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/Sicily.htm

a tough read
but a good survey of microtubule involvement with liquid gel intracellular "weather"; the author uses it to suggest it means more than it does, trading the relavence of quantum computing for systems integration (more study with less prejudice will be valuable).

he lost me when he tried to indicate that the paramecium was learning when it bumped into things and that there is enough evidence in that to suggest a conditioned microtubule brain. there is no support for the statement that the paramecium learns things or acts like a data processing computer beyond its complex physical and biophysical interactions with it's environment.

(i.e. complex dynamic switching -yes, but information retention -no)

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8195110 - 03/26/08 02:39 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i'm not sure its just messing with fade signals redgreen.

from within that frame of mind/time it appears that there are objects or patterns that exist in several unrelated points of time, but have a coherent function and definite shape when viewing all time simultaneously.

i'm going to have to use a crappy metaphor here.

are we talking about if time was a cartoon flipbook, being able to see all the pages at once instead of in order?
because the metaphor would be, there are little marks on each page that when flipped through sequentially don't form anything, but when looking at all the pages at once make a picture.

here is my shitty drawing.

[image][/image]

its way more complicated than that, because time isn't a flat image, and it appears there are multiple types of time working simultaneous... multiple universal gestalts.

Also, i don't think it could be drugs alone, because like i said this didn't come from drugs for me, it came instantly upon looking a "mystic" in the eyes in the form of memories that never happened.

your drawing is lovely.
the way time works is interesting too.
what i am talking about relates only to how the brain handles signals
the source of signals is from senses (including the sense of interval generated in the cerebellum)
and from memory
so signal initiation from these, sensation, recall, and rhythms is all the input the brain gets.
each signal has an envelope (this is an easy term for music synthesizer people to understand) Every musical note can be characterized with their Attack-Decay-Sustain-Release (ADSR) envelope.
Signals in the brain also have this nature but it is normally very fast (less than 1/15th of a second for the whole ADSR of each signal in the brain)
with psychedelic the release (R) is much longer.

due to longer release, the presence of ghost signal (R)while other signals are still in their ADS envelope stages adds to the richness of the experience, and to the overall amplitude of the ADS of the new signals.

simmilar to reverb, however, the distinction of what signal is responsible for a sound's volume at any moment is difficult.

in a larger scale view, this effect provides for the appearance of strobed ghost trails to objects viewed.
it also provides for the kind of optical cortical interference that causes streetlights at night to bloom into much larger gorgeous stars of branched and colored light. This type of interference is innate in all brain function, but normally it is not exposed nor does it tend to jam or override incoming signals.

layered images (like time lapse or strobed photography) is only part of it.

entire layered selves or reaction contexts occur, leading some people to think there are others in the room (when alone) or in their body (as in possession) but most commonly the time fugue of Deja Vu occurs as the interest shifts to fading time moments while it is marginally aware of current signals as well.
in this orientation the shock of deja vu is in the catchup to "now" which we already knew as we were immersed in the "just was".

trying to explain deja vu gives rise to very odd models of the universe, but I assure you it is a local and experiential event due specifically to psychedelic signal envelope dilation only (longer Release or Fadeout).

Naturally there are many fantastic things that occur in the world that are in step with eachother, and this is beautiful to observe with religious fascination. Psychedelic enhances these wonders overall, but no mysticism is required to understand or appreciate them.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#8195119 - 03/26/08 02:43 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

This thread reminds me of Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness by Itzhak Betov it's an awesome book with lots of far out illustrations.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #8195287 - 03/26/08 04:16 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

I think most of us here have taken psychedelics before...some of us thousands of times...nothing new on your front I see. Same old BS.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #8195354 - 03/26/08 05:29 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

I went to the end of time and space, but there was nothing going on there so I came back.

--------------------

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

#8195764 - 03/26/08 09:21 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

I think what we have here, is behond me or you, it started before us. Hopfully you understand...

Quote:

Moonshoe said:

I can already hear the angry protests from all my happy healthy non -theist friends.

But i am not talking about faith in god. I am talking about an obvious fact: that in the modern world, it is impossible for any person to understand even a tiny fraction of the phenomenon which we experience.

For example, few of us really understand how a telephone works, how radiowaves function, how electricity is generated or distributed. Few of us can really explain the functions of our own bodies, much less the natural processes governing rainfall, ocean currents, geological mineral dispersion...

the fact is, there just isnt enough time for anyone to perform all the research they would need to understand even a tiny portion of the technology they take for granted, or to really prove to themselves even a minuite slice of the explanations they have absorbed for how various natural phenomenon occur.

For example, any teenager can tell you clouds are evaporated hydrogen gas. How does the child know this? he absolutely does not. He has accepted this explanation on faith from those in authority over him, be they parents or teachers.

What is electricity? what is evaporation? how does sound work? what is light?

many of us take comfort knowing that we have modern, scientifically sound answers for these questions. But unless we have personally set up a laboratory and conducted the nescessary experiments ourselves, then we are simply accepting the word of various authors or publishers on faith.

In the digital age, this dilemma becomes hilariously compounded. Because of the incredible density of information at our fingertips, it takes no effort at all to dig up a thousand sources "proving" a certain point, and a thousand sources "debunking it"

Ultimatly, whichever way we go it becomes a question of faith. Which words on a page command your belief? website A or website B? scientist A or scientist B? Interpretation A or Interpretation B?

Heres a hypothetical situation:

Mo: hey check out this article proving that faith healing works!

Jo: "ROFL! OMG, didnt you see this article debunking that one?

the fact is, neither article can be considered anything other than a prop for a preexisting faith.

What im  thinking is that as we are submerged in ever deeper levels of reality, unreality, hyperreality and meta-reality, it will become increasingly more laughable to try and base your understanding of reality on laboratory results or published papers.

The fact is that todays acadamia and scientists are simply the modern preist hood.

My point in this is simply that life without faith is quite literally impossible. You take so many things on faith that to name even a few of them would be superfluous. In fact, we take everything on faith. We simply have no other option.

The very concept of "fact" is in reality farcical. How is fact defined?

1. something known to exist or to have happened
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true
4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened.

Looking at these definitions, one may well laugh to think how people have put the concept of "facts" up on such a lofty pedestal. A quick glance at a dictionary will tell us that "facts" are nothing more than things experienced.

Christians "know" god exists. many have also had "experiences" of god, and certainly they all "say and suppose" god exists. This quite clearly means that god's existance is a "fact". Does this satisfy you?

the same definitions will soon show that bigfoot, extraterrestrials etc are also "facts", that is, things experienced, supposed or believed to be true.

Consider this image:

Two groups of scientists study a single folio of data. Both come to different conclusions. One group says, look, we have examined it, and it is most certainly a vase because A and B and C.

And the other group says, no, WE have examined it and it is most certainly two faces because A and B and C!

And as if this wasn't bad enough,  Then BOTH groups go and publish their findings, and now two armchair philosophers at there computer desks continue the same fruitless argument by posting in turn studies published by them only to be countered by studies published by him

And of course, neither group has ever done the studies themselves, and so in the end it is nothing more than a matter of faith.

Get comfortable with faith. It is not a dirty word. It is an inescapable reality for you, me and everyone.

(I for one will no longer attempt to include referances to studies or articles ive read, realizing it is obviously impossible for me to gaurantee any of their authenticity. )

But more to the point, i am interested to see how humanity will continue to adapt itself to life after yet another security blanket (science and fact) is ripped away, and we are confronted once more with the mystery.

:crazy2:

People dont discover Facts. People Create facts.

"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves"

to quote a quote.

"If microtubules utilize quantum information, cell interiors must be conducive to mesoscopic and macroscopic quantum states, implying that such states are an important and perhaps essential feature of life. The living state is a process generally described in terms of its properties and functions such as self-organization, metabolism (energyutilization), adaptive behavior, reproduction, and evolution. Whether or not this functional description is complete is a matter of contention. Two broad types of approaches have attempted to characterize the essential nature of the life process: (1) functionalism and (2) vitalism85.

Functionalism implies that life is independent of its material substrate. For example, certain types of self-organizing computer programs can exhibit life-like functions, and "artificial life" proponents view such systems as "alive." Functionalists also point out that life's material substrate doesn't distinguish biological matter. Proteins, DNA, carbohydrates, fats, and other biomolecular components are made of the same atoms and elements that make up inanimate substances. Bolstered by the success of genetic engineering, functional/reductive approaches dominate molecular biology. "Life" is ascribed to an emergent property of biochemical processes. Any vitalistic life force or energy field is deemed unnecessary and unacceptable.

Nonetheless, a commonly held contrary viewpoint is that functional descriptions fail to capture an essential self-organizing "unitary oneness" present in living systems. To nineteenth-century biologists this quality was ascribed to a "life force," "elan vital," or energy field. Then, as molecular and cell biology began to reveal the biochemical and physical processes involved in cellular activities, the apparent need for a life force waned, and "vitalists" (or "animists") were vilified. In modern reductionist science the notion of a life force, energy or information field has remained almost taboo.

However, whereas nineteenth-century vitalism was based either completely on electromagnetics or on forces outside the realm of science, a "quantum vitalist" perspective may be taken in which life derives from quantum states in cytoplasm, organized by microtubules and other cytoskeletal structures. This paper proposes several likely candidates in the search for quantum modes and pathways of information transfer and processing at a subcellular level. The living statee may be a state of quantum coherent unity organized in cytoplasm and cytoskeletal proteins." http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/Sicily.htm

I believe that there is this "life force" be it god or what have you that is not physical or material, or maybe not even inside this universe, it could be that quantum state, I dont know, I just know its me. I base my views on the world based on my experience here, how I feel.

You Keep saying that "with psychedelic the release (R) is much longer", I get that.

What does that, or visual disterbances have to do with who I am, or what I am. I am NOT my brain. People have forgoten that in this elitist society that science has found itself.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #8195888 - 03/26/08 10:17 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Dreams are the potential.. When dreaming of the future, the potential might be shown..

When realized, a dé-jà vu is experienced..

(One take of several.)

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: Gomp]
    #8196081 - 03/26/08 11:17 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah, but has anyone felt that falling into this place and time from somewhere else, much like Alice?

Another question I think might need be asked is, is the same conciouss observer, observing my experiences ( the experience of being Mr_Spliff) also experiencing your experience, or do we have indivivingdual "souls" striving for some common end, such as god hood, or to bubble out and become our own whole?

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

#8196878 - 03/26/08 02:40 PM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Well, afeter the past couple of days, I think I like it here. Or at least its O.k. for now.

But I remember, what I felt, I know what I know, and onward into infinity.

Im done here, unless someone stumbles across this post with new insights, or if someone out there is going threw the same thing, speak up, do not be afraid, your not crazy, this is real.

Offlinedrewlovesacid
its thestrangest lifeive everknown.....
Male

Loc: michigan
    #8199782 - 03/27/08 12:46 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

i think that it isnt posible to visit past times or memorys

but it is posible to become time and your memorys

i dont own the memorys and they dont own me we just "are"

together

but we "exist" as separate physical beings on this plain

--------------------
i constructed you, fuck you

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: WScott]
    #8199874 - 03/27/08 01:34 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:
Quote:

Mr_Spliff said:It seems that something has been placing Info infront of me, or like I am somehow seeking info and finding it really easy, like it just falls into my lap.

Could you explain this a little more?

He just discovered the miracle of Google. :google:

--------------------

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: A call to all those who have taken their conciousness to the ends to time. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8202313 - 03/27/08 05:07 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Aw, I just got a hold of a computer man, at the time of all these synchronisities, I had no Google. It was more like Ask a question, ponder it, hold it like a maturing creature ready to become, and boom a situation was presented to me, and if I choose and I did, I could follow, and take the last step toward  the answer.

Its like I've been Co-operating with the Universe, as long as I walk the path of Truth.

Im not trying to tell you some truth of the universe I am telling you my experience, play with it your self and see what you find;)

Google has speed stuff up tho.

Shamanism, from what I have read it feels as tho I am walking the path of a shaman.

If anyone has any Info on shamanism and this sorta stuff let me know. Its all right there, and I have found the key. Its like the mushrooms are some sort of mnemonic place for me or us, to wake up if we choose. Like the red and blue pill in the matrix, Neo even sees the mirror warping realy triped out like.

fuck you na sayers, Once my dad is taken care off here, in this 'plane' im gonna go further into this.

Maybe its about time I read up on Don Juan eh?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate