Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAuntJemima
Stranger
Growing fear
    #8185478 - 03/23/08 11:09 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

hello,
Ive done mushrooms about 2 times, the first time i tripped we each had an eighth me and my best friend and it was simply the greatest experience Ive ever had in my entire life. the second time however was totally different. It started off good with the normal visuals, crawling on the ground laughing, and trying to play guitar hero with a TV that wasnt plugged in. it was me and two other friends, me and "Chris" ate an eighth each of try while my friend "Max" ate only 2 mushrooms and a couple of stems. later in this trip i started getting very scared, nervous, and tired. i could barely talk or stand. i curled up in a ball because i was cold, and started to get this weird feeling of my mind coming apart and that i was dying. i seriously though i was either dead or dying, or going to be stuck like this forever. to make a long story short, the shit scared the hell out of me. Now the disturbing part. me and another friend decide to smoke a blunt of some regular pot,(this is 2 months after my last trip) i smoked about half when the effects hit. my friend was COMPLETELY fine while i started to feel like i was going to die, be stuck like this forever. i felt like nobody cared for me, and whenever i tried to focus on my mind i had a shooting pain throughout my body. it was exactly like my last trip on shrooms where i felt like i was going to die etc. but the thing that scares me is that it was just marijuana, nothing else, and it was about 2 months after my last crazy trip. i cant understand why this happened, and this "marijuana bad trip" has had a horrible after-effect, even more so than the shroom one. any insight on why this happened? was this related to the mushrooms? Im pretty much clueless.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekybish
Loc: Loc: Loc: Loc:
Re: Growing fear [Re: AuntJemima]
    #8185507 - 03/23/08 11:15 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

weed is a psychadellic, it can make you remember something from a past bad trip, and trigger the same emotions you felt on the bad trip (anxiety <-- this is what i'd most people are trying to avoide, fear, impending doom, etc.)

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#8185530 - 03/23/08 11:19 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

It's a common after effect of psychedelics to experience a THC high as an incredibly intense experience. What you went through is totally normal, and nothing to be feared. Psychedelics make a lot of people far more sensitive to weed than they have been before, and re-experiencing aspects of a trip, even one quite far in the past, can happen frequently.

After effects of this can cause intense anxiety, but it will pass. Just keep in mind that you are fine, you are not insane, and you have nothing to fear. As for dealing with what happened, I recommend you stop all drug use (including alcohol) for a while, and try to work out just why you became anxious to begin with. Writing can help. Just sit yourself down on your PC or with a pen and paper and write all about what you're feeling and what you experienced. In time you'll come to understand what happened, and very likely learn something about yourself.

The most important thing for you to do is to just breathe in and know that you are ok. Basic meditation can help a lot. Simply breathe in and out, taking very deep breaths, focus your mind totally on your breathing and let all thought slip away. Psychedelics can show you darkness as well as light, and the only thing to do is to learn from it.

In the aftermath of an acid trip during which a friend of mine totally freaked out and started screaming about death for hours on end, I was a total wreck. Heart palpitations, constant anxiety, intense depression- essentially every negative psychological problem possible. Yet right now, not so long afterwards, I am totally fine, because I looked into myself, realised what had happened, saw that the negativity I was experiencing was just the aftermath of a traumatic experience, came to terms with it and let it pass away. These things don't last forever, and you'll be just fine.

How are you feeling in general, when you're not high on anything?

Whatever the case, meditation, healthy eating and plenty of sleep and exercise will have you back to normal in an almost shockingly quick time. Find a centre of peace and wellbeing inside yourself and simply become it.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineAuntJemima
Stranger
Re: Growing fear [Re: EllisDSox]
    #8185580 - 03/23/08 11:35 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

when i am not under the influence of any drugs i am usually happy, and think a lot about life,the future,and personality etc. but i am prone to depression, and sometimes get sad for no reason. the most disturbing part of the pot was the realization that i have very few close friends, which i found very brutal and upsetting. it was like an almighty power kept on telling my mind "you barely got any friends you loser". this event occurred 2 days ago and i still have a "somber-like" after effect that kind of bums me out a little bit. I'm going to try the writing thing out now, ill tell you how it goes

Offlinewhiterussia
Stranger

#8185718 - 03/24/08 12:12 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Hey man stay strong. This is a fairly common thing. It should pass in a few days/week. You can always work to make new friends as well, just have to put your self out there and try new things you might just surprise your self.

--------------------
When you make your peace with authority, you become authority. - Jim Morrison

The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder. - Jim Morrison

OfflineMalachor
Don't Panic
Male

Loc: Pacific ocean
Re: Growing fear [Re: whiterussia]
    #8185834 - 03/24/08 01:04 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Best of luck man. Don't worry, things will get better for you :]

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #8185867 - 03/24/08 01:22 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

AuntJemima, did you smoke pot during your shroom trips?
Also, how often do you smoke and how long have you smoked for?

OfflineAuntJemima
Stranger

Re: Growing fear [Re: Land_Crab]
    #8186523 - 03/24/08 10:12 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

no i did not smoke pot during my last trip, and do not smoke pot very often. I've smoked for about 2 years thus far.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract