Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: shroomzey]
    #9147930 - 10/28/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I met a guy who took antipsychotic drugs for a year and then he smoked some weed.... and he smoked the weed about a year after having stopped taking antipsychotics.... well while on weed he had some sort of heart attack.

So with regards to psychiatric medications some of them seem to affect the brain chemistry is such a way where it becomes dangerous to ingest weed... I am guessing taking a psychedelic drug may be dangerous if one was previously on some sort of antipsychotic drug.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: lines]
    #9149525 - 10/28/08 05:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

sigh thats not a heart attack it was probally anxiety panic attack.

i was on anti psycotics and heavy amounts of benzos and quit. straight up the with draw was horrible i went schizo for a week then fnially balance and now i party and rave lol

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9149529 - 10/28/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

sigh thats not a heart attack it was probally anxiety panic attack.

i was on anti psycotics and heavy amounts of benzos and quit. straight up the with draw was horrible i went schizo for a week then fnially balance and now i party and rave lol taking those drugs, amanita, psilocybes and ect ayhauasca

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: thedudenj]
    #9149565 - 10/28/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Its not wise to comment on things you dont know about. A benzodiazepine is much different than an antipsychotic drug. I would even go so far as to say that antipsychotics may even result  in permanent changes in the brain chemistry where it would be harmful to ingest weed again.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9149621 - 10/28/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

"was on anti psycotics and heavy amounts of benzos "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

i dont remember the names of the anti psychotics i was on. they gave me stuff cause they were afraid of me killing people cause im a big person

An abrupt or over-rapid discontinuation of benzodiazepines may result in a more serious and very unpleasant withdrawal syndrome that may additionally result in:

Convulsions, which may result in death[52][53]
Catatonia, which may result in death[54]
Coma[55] (rare)
Temporal lobe epilepsy[32]
Suicide[1]
Attempted suicide[48]
Suicidal ideation[56]
Self harm[48]
Hyperthermia[34]
Delusions[57]
Homicidal ideation[58]
Violence[59]
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder[1]
Psychosis[60]
Confusion[61]
Mania[62]
Effects similar to delirium tremens[63][64]

they used to have a page about withdrawl from it and anti psychotics but its not up anymore.

they actually cut me cold trukey from the benzo but expected me to keep taking the anti psychotics when i didnt get my benzos i would flip out litteraly on them and banged the window yelling, cause i couldnt sit still on the anti psychotics alone they made me go psycho

--------------------

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: shroomzey]
    #9149637 - 10/28/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes it helps sometimes it can backfire.

:crazy:

--------------------

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: Abuse]
    #9149854 - 10/28/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well maybe the amount of time one takes antipsychotics determines the extent ones brain is altered by them... and when ones brain chemistry is altered by them to a certain extent weed becomes harmful or even deadly.... because the guy I know seriously had a heart attack from weed even though he was off of antipsychotics for a year and he knows for a fact it was the antipsychotics he took that made weed give him heart problems.

I am not going to speculate what amount of time taking them is necessary to alter ones brain to the extent where weed is harmful however I will say that its probably not a long amount of time of being on antipsychotics that is necessary to cause the change in the brain chemistry where smoking weed becomes harmful and potentially deadly.

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
    #9149896 - 10/28/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lines maybe you should not comment on things you know not about.  How does he know for a fact it was the antipsychotics? Weed can cause heart problems period, it causes the heart to speed up and therefore can cause heart problems. How do you know antipsychotics alters one's brain chemistry? Please link me. I want to believe you hear but these claims seem like ridiculous falsifications and lies to me.

I know someone who has been on antipsychotics and benzo's for at least 2-3 years. And has been smoking weed the entire time. He has no issues at all. I used to be on antipsychotics, and smoke weed no problem.  You strated off saying you weren't going to speculate, then that's exactly what you did. 

Please lines, for the sake of the forum stop posting unsubstantiated information.

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: SirSmokesAlot]
    #9150003 - 10/28/08 06:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I stand by the truth of my story... the person I met experienced what he experienced for the reason he said to me.

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: SirSmokesAlot]
    #9150502 - 10/28/08 07:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SirSmokesAlot said:
Lines maybe you should not comment on things you know not about.  How does he know for a fact it was the antipsychotics? Weed can cause heart problems period, it causes the heart to speed up and therefore can cause heart problems. How do you know antipsychotics alters one's brain chemistry? Please link me.

I'm not even going to bother linking...
Antipsychotics alter brain chemistry until they are out of your system. This is an indisputable, and undeniable fact. Just think for a second, how the FUCK _ELSE_ would they work...

Now, if your calling BS on them altering it permanently that's different, I'll ask a few Ph.D's tomorrow.

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

#9150512 - 10/28/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lines said:
I stand by the truth of my story... the person I met experienced what he experienced for the reason he said to me.

Where he got the reason is in question, Did he pull it out of his ass, or did it come from a doctor? Even so, words this far from a medical professional's mouth are highly suspect to mistranslation and exaggeration.

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: mitchy30]
    #9150849 - 10/28/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mitchy30 said:
If anybody wants a good read. Here is a link from Scientific American about the new studys on the use of psychedelics to treat depression, OCD,  etc, etc. A long read, but well worth it. Of course the use of psychedelics to treat depression, should be done with a qualified psychologist. It's not something you do on your own, like. "Well I'm depressed...so I'll pop some shrooms, and that should cure me."Psychedelic Healing?

Thank you for that link, that was a great read. It is damn good to see things like this in more mainstream'ish seeming areas of media. I made sure to forward the link in there about psilocybin to both of my parents with only the following sentence in front of the link:

remember that "science project" i had going in my room a few years back...

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: alkylbenzene23]
    #9150864 - 10/28/08 08:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thats not weed, thats PCP!!!!! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9150866 - 10/28/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone in this thread should look up the example of Lucid to see that everything ain't always roses and sunshine when it comes to toying with mind-altering drugs.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: deCypher]
    #9150882 - 10/28/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

the example of who?

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9150889 - 10/28/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

How does someone look up the example of Lucid? Is Lucid a person? Do you have a link by any chance?

Edited by lines (10/28/08 09:02 PM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9150903 - 10/28/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9150911 - 10/28/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

thanx for the link

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

#9150975 - 10/28/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Looks more like someone making a sad cry for attention. I wonder what its like posting on the shroomery three days after "brain surgery" for the terrible damage shrooms did to him:rolleyes: if you believe that  :poop: then i have some gold to sell you    :glittershitz:

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Are mushrooms ALWAYS best avoided with mental health issues? [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9151086 - 10/28/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lol i seriously doubt he is having brain surgery from mushy's. And if a doctor told me i needed brain surgery because of shrooms, i would tell him to sit on a dick and die.

And yes i meant how do you know anti psychotics permanently alter ones brain chemistry. And also how did he know it was the anti psychotics + weed that made his heart fuck up.

Edit: After reading lucids posts he is a compulsive liar and an idiot. In some threads he is like "I barely do drugs, i smoked weed twice and did shrooms once", in another thread "I'm on 30mg codiene, 200mg DPH, and alot of booze" or "Whats the best OTC high?" etc... etc... etc...

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

Edited by SirSmokesAlot (10/28/08 09:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag