Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
rastafary
    #769472 - 07/23/02 03:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

so let's talk about rastafary! what do you think of it?

RASTAFARY
The Rastafarian movement was found by an unnamable few, who realized in the early 30's that Haile Selassie was the incarnate of Christ. And Marcus Garvey is considered by rastas the black Moses (a mix of Moses + Messiah) 'cause he try and lead the black man to the promised land. Jah Rastafari has no official church buildings or leaders and no afterlife or hell. Africa (specifically Ethiopia) is considered by Rastas as heaven on earth. Rastafarianism has spread throughout the world and currently has a membership of over 700,000. For Rastas reggae is the music of kings.
The God of Rastafarians is Ras Tafari Makonnen (a king of Ethiopia crowned with the name of Emperor Haile Selassie I). They also name him Jah. The Rastafarian philosophy describes him in this way - "the hair of whose head was like wool (matted hair of a black man), whose feet were like unto burning brass (black skin)". Rastas believe that Emperor Haile Selassie I was the Jesus that Christianity speaks of. They also believe that true Rastafarians are immortal.
One of the most known symbols of Rastas is their flag. It contains three colors: red, yellow and green and a figure of lion. The red color stands for the church of Rastafarians (the Thiumphant Church), it's, as well, a symbol of the blood that martyrs have shed in the history of the Rastas. The yellow represents the wealth of rasta's homeland. Green is a symbol of the beautiful nature of the promised land (Ethiopia). As for the lion, it's the Lion of Judah which represents Haile Selassie, the Conqueror (he is a King of Kings as a lion is the king of all animals). Hail Selassie wore a Lion of Judah ring that was given to Bob Marley after the Selassie's death.
Babylon is the historically white-European colonial and imperialist power structure which has oppressed Blacks and other peoples of color. The Rastas see that in the past blacks were held down physically by the shackles of slavery. In the present, Rastas feel that blacks are still held down through poverty, illiteracy, inequality, and trickery by the white man.
The dreadlocks are also a special symbol for all Rastas, because by growing them Rastafarians become more similar to the Lion of Judah and less similar to the blond look of white Europeans. Fore Rastas Dreadlocks are their roots, their establishment... But also dreadlocks are supported in the Rastafarian Bible: "They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in the flesh" (Leviticus 21:5)...
Rastafarians try to eat only I-tal food (a saltless and vegetarian diet of Rastas). In most cases Rastafarians don't eat meat, but they never eat pigs (fore Rastas pigs are scavengers of the earth). Rastas eat small fish (not more than 12 inches long) but don't eat crabs, lobster, and shrimp (the are also scavengers, but of the sea). They don't add any seasoning like salt or condiments. And they never eat any chemically prepared or unnatural meal in cans. Rastafarians attribute soft drinks to unnatural things so they drink anything that is herbal (tea...).
Here is a list of some Rasta dialect expressions and words.
A - prep to
A DOOR - outdoors.
AGONY - the sensations felt during sex.
AKS - ask.
Al I no - all I know
AN - than.
BABYLON - 1) the corrupt establishment, 2)police, a policeman.
BAD - good.
BAFANG - a child of first 2-7 years.
BAKRA - slave master, ruler, or member of the ruling class in colonial days.
BALD-HEAD - a person without dreadlocks who works for babylon.
BAMBA YAY - by and by.
BAMBU - rolling paper.
BANDULU - criminal.
BANKRA - big basket.
BANS - a great deal.
BASHMENT - party.
BAT - butterfly, English bat.
BATTY - bottom.
BATTYMAN - homosexual male.
BEAST - a policeman.
BEX - vexed.
BIG BOUT YAH - large and in charge.
BLACK UP - to smoke weed.
BLAZE - to smoke weed
BLOUSE AND SKIRT - exclamation of surprise.
BLY - chance.
BOASIE - proud, conceited, ostentatious.
BOBO - fool, stupid.
BOMBA CLATT - blood clot, but it literally is an expression of extreme dislike towards someone or something.
BOONOONOONOUS - wonderful.
BOX - to hit in the face.
BRAA - brother.
BUCKY MASSA - master over the slaves.
BUD - bird.
BUFU-BUFU - fat, too big.
BUGUYAGA - a dirty person.
BUMBO - bottom.
BUN - burn.
BWOY - boy.
CARD - to make a fool of someone.
CHAKA-CHAKA - messy.
CHALACE - Spiritual all natural smoking device made of bamboo, beez wax, and a coconut, and the piece to put the smoke in is called a cutchie.
CHILLUM - a pipe (made from coconut shell) for smoking ganja.
CHO - like damn, or just an expresion of surprise.
CLAP - hit, break.
COIL - money.
COLD I UP - to be killed or put to death.
COLLIE - ganja.
COME DUNG - get ready, come down.
COMEYA - come here.
CONTROL - to be responsible for...
COO 'PON! - Look upon!
COO YAH! - Look here!
COOL RUNINGS - everything is going fine.
CORK UP - crowded.
CORN - 1) marijuana 2) money.
CRAVEN - greedy.
CRIS - crisp.
CROSSES - bad luck, problems.
CRUCIAL - serious.
CU PAN - look at.
CUTCHIE - a sort of smoking pipe.
DADA - father.
DAN - than.
DARKERS - sunglasses. -
DAWTA - a girl, girlfriend, woman.
DEAD HOOD - impotent.
DEADERS - meat.
DEESTANT - decent.
DEGE - little.
DEM - them
DEY - to be.
DI - the.
DINKI - a name of traditional dance.
DIS - this.
DJUE - light rain.
DOGHEART - a cruel person.
DONKYA - careless.
DON'T TRY TO COLD I UP - don't try to kill I
DREAD - a person with dreadlocks, or something dangerous.
DUB - a type of electronic music.
DUCK-ANTS - termites.
DUPPY - ghost.
EASE-UP - to forgive.
EVERYTHING IS COOK AND CURRY - everything is fine.
FAYVA - to look like.
FEEL NO WAY - do not worry.
FI ME - mine.
FI IM - his.
FI DEM - theirs.
FI YOU - yours.
FIESTY - rude.
FIRST LIGHT - tomorrow.
FORWARD - go, move on.
FUCKERY - wrong.
FUNDS - money.
GANJA - marijuana.
GANSEY - t-shirt.
GATES - home.
GI - give.
GYAL - girl
GRAVALICIOUS - greedy.
GROUND - home.
HAIL - a type of greeting.
HARD - excellen.
HERB - marijuana (like GANJA).
HIEZ - ears.
HOOD - penis.
I AND I - you and me.
I-NEY - a type of greeting.
I-REY - 1) a type of greeting 2) cool.
I-TAL - natural.
IM - him, or he.
IEZ - ears.
IGNORANT - irate.
INNA - in the...
IRIE - feeling good , up , high , happy.
ISEMS AND SKISEMS - bad vibes of the baldheads.
JAH KNOW - Lord knows.
JAH - Rastafarian God.
JAMDUNG - Jamaica.
JAMMIN' - having a good time.
JOING - un toke.
JOOKS - relax.
KAYA - marijuana.
KISS ME NECK! - en exclamation of surprise.
LAMBSBREAD - marijuana of a high-quality.
LARGE - respected.
LASH UPON - to strike, to hit or to punch.
LET OFF - pay out.
LEGGO BEAS' - wild.
LICK - hit (v.) (13).
LIKKLE MORE - see you later.
LIVITY FOR INI TO LIVE EVERY DAY - I like it to be rastaman.
MADDA - mother.
MAFIA - criminals.
MAGA - looking beat down, or in bad shape.
MAMPI - fat.
MASH DOWN - to destroy.
MORE TIME - see you later.
MARLEY - spliff.
NA FEEL NA WAY - don't worry
NAH - will not.
NANA - nanny.
NATTY CONGO - dreadlocks.
NO CYA - no matter.
NYAM - eat (v.).
ONE LOVE - expression of unity.
ONE-ONE - one by one.
ONGLE - only.
ON THE LIVE UP - on the judgement day / the coming of JAH / happiness.
OVERS - comprehend, to agree.
PYAKA - tricky.
PEEL-HEAD - bald-headed.
PIKNY - child.
PINDA - peanut.
RANKING - very respected.
RAS CLATT - means the same as "bomba clatt" but for a rasta (eg. Bomba clatt babylon / i-mon a ras clatt)
RAT-BAT - bat.
RATCHET - a type of switchblade knife.
REEM - Very good; e.g ' Reem! I have won the lottery '
ROCKERS - reggae music.
RUDE BOY - criminal.
RYAL - royal.
SATTA - meditate, relax.
SCREW - to be angry.
SEEN - I understand.
SEEN? - is it clear?; do you understand?
SHEG-UP - to be ruined.
SENSI - weed.
SIDUNG - to sit down.
SINTING - something.
SISTER - a woman.
SKANKING - dancing to Reggae.
SKIN - rolling paper.
SOON COME - shortly.
SPLIFF - joint
SU-SU - gossip.
SUPM - something .
TACK - bullet.
TAL - not at all
TALL - long.
TATA - father.
TEA LEAF - a piece of writing paper
TEETH - bullets.
THRU' - because.
TIRA - police.
TOTO - a sort of coconut cake.
TRANSPORT - any type of vehicle.
UPTOWN - the upper classes.
WA MEK? - why?.
WAKL - wattle.
WISE FLESH - calm down, be patient.
WHOLE HEAP - a lot of...
YA NUH SEE? - you know?
ZION - the holy land of Rastas; Ethiopia, Africa in general.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: rastafary [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #770955 - 07/23/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That was neat. I made it a favourite thread.

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: rastafary [Re: CherryBom]
    #771212 - 07/23/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ya braa, i have been interested in rastafary for about two years now. but i haven't been able to join...mainly because i don't believe that ras tafari was jesus christ, and i don't believe ethiopia is heaven on earth. and if there is no afterlife, what happens to good wonderful, peace and love spreading people like bob marley? brad nowell? but i do love some of their concepts. mostly, i love the way they spread peace through peace. not forcing or preaching. i would be willing to bet much on the fact that you may never ever hear of violence in the name of rastafari or jah. so peaceful. so loving. what i want to know is...where the hell is the lion of judah ring that Haile Selassie wore and then after his death, was passed on to bob marley?
i call myself rastahippie for a reason. i can't claim just rasta, and i don't agree with EVERYTHING hippies back in the day believed...but i try to take what i have found to be best from both (mostly things that have been proven by time...remember "think peace" bumperstickers?) and use them with my christianity. and pow! i gotta way of life that works...at least, i think it does. i'm happy from waking to sleeping...depression comes once every 8 to 9 months. i'm very stable in my life. and i have no enemies (that i'm aware of). and my anger...sometimes it pops up all sneaky like. but i try to banish dat when i can.
but...i really think the rasta's are onto something pretty good. but it still needs some workshopping in my opinion. being a brand new religion and all.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#771598 - 07/23/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Werd braa. I don't know a whole lot about it, about the culture, history or anything....but I like it, ya know? It makes sense in a simple kind of way. Spread the love, and feel the peace, not just in your enviroment, but in your heart.

My nick on IRC tonite is RastaBom. Thanks rastahippe guy!

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#772373 - 07/24/02 05:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey i know this is a little off subject, but how the hell do i get mIRC to work???? i downloaded it, but as far as chatting, it don' like me!
yeah, about the rasta's...it doesn't really go into depth about why they have no churches. it just says they don't. i'm pretty sure they have no churches because like buddhist, the whole world is their sanctuary. i'm going to jamaica as soon as my probation is up and i can travel a little farther from home.
but you know, i posted this because i thought people would be semi interested, but i think you be the only one who is taking a notice. so i don't think this thread will go far. it's all good though.

sun is shining, weather is sweet.
makes me want to move, the dancing feet.
to the rescue, here i am. want you to notice,
here i stand. ---rainbow country by bob marley.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineReeferMan

Loc: wonderland
    #772493 - 07/24/02 06:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is a hard religon for most people to grasp. I have been envolved with the rasta movement in my home town now for a couple of years. I love the beleifs and the religon to the fullest. For me the hardest part of the religon to most is understanding the ganja part of it. Most people dont understand that rastas do not smoke just to smoke. Kooley is a part of the religon that brings you closer to Jah and more at peace with the earth. It states in the bible to use the earth and it goodness to bring you peace and happiness. It also says use all her resources that god has put here only for the prpose of understanding god or Jah in this case. I dont think i would consider my self a true rasta by any means but i do consider the teachings and the rasta attitude to further the peace and love around me. In my eyes it is the one religon for me thta truly excepts all happenings and explains the reasons for why so muich in this world is why it is. HTere are a lot of books out there about the religon and i would suggest to anyone interested to go check them out or even buy them. There is a lot that peole assume about hte religon that isnt true and i would love to see more people get envolved in the rasta way. Peace be the journey!

"One Love"- BOB MARLEY

--------------------
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

~Confucius (551-479 B.C.) Confucian Analects

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: rastafary [Re: ReeferMan]
    #772595 - 07/24/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

beautiful dude. really. yeah, it bugs me also when i mention rasta and people snort and say something like, "that's just a pothead religion." but it is so much more. it is about love. ganja just furthers the love and tolerance we should all have. like i said, i believe the concepts with all my heart. but i can't quite grasp or believe the fact that africa is heaven on earth. i've been there twice, and i wasn't as impressed as i should have been i think. cho man, it was beautiful, but i think heaven on earth is more within the people. and some of the people that i met should not have been the way they were. but hey, it's all good. most of rastafary is good and beautiful. but ras tafari denied himself that he was jesus. so what does that say?

"one heart" - BOB MARLEY

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineReeferMan

#772656 - 07/24/02 07:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The reason why Rasta Fari denied himself as Jesus was because he was a huge proponent of Christianity. He himslef thought that Jesus Christ was his Savior and as most Christians belive there couldnt be another. So to include himslef on such a level as Jesus would have been blasphemy. On another note, heaven on earth to true rastafarians is Ethiopia because that was the motherland. The homeland from which all humans decended. That is the beleif anyway. When Babylon took them from the homeland the people started to consider Etheopia the heaven on earth becasue that is where they are from that is where their roots are.

Peace

--------------------

Anonymous

#773618 - 07/24/02 02:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

if a rastaman read that, i just know he'd be laughing

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: rastafary [Re: ]
    #774309 - 07/24/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why?

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: rastafary [Re: ]
    #774347 - 07/24/02 06:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah mushmas, care to share why you think that? that sounds like everything i've read braa, but maybe you know something i don't. what do you mean man?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinecroftsk
cupcake

#777483 - 07/26/02 01:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i thought that one of the main ideas of rastafarianism was that the white man is evil? I read this somewhere so dont be offended.

--------------------
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.
You are free. - Jim Morrison

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: rastafary [Re: croftsk]
    #777697 - 07/26/02 04:57 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

originally it was, but i'm pretty sure that doesn't apply now, otherwise it would be very contradictory for the prophet bob marley say "one love, one heart"
it made sense to think white were evil at the beginning of the religion, because at that point in time, whites were slavers. but now, we are more equal. and not all whites were considered evil, just whites who were in the employ of babylon. namely, slavers.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineReeferMan

#777759 - 07/26/02 05:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is true. Rasta used to be considered a religon against the corrupt white Europeans. The blonde hair, blue eyed men who brought slavery, corrupt polotics, and other degrading systems to this world and exploited the blacks from Africa. Now it isnt that the whites are hated or kept from even joining the religon. It is now a religon against Babylon. Babylon is the corrupt evil state that brings down anyone who wants to live free and happy. There have been many movements however throughout rastas existence like slavery, civil rights, the vietnam war where the whites were looked down upon because the events were makings of Babylon. But now rastas are excepted no matter what color. The religon teaches tolerance and peace but not towards Babylon. It teaches its followers to question and rise up against all binding factions of Babylon.
Peace

"One LOve"- BOB MARLEY

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: rastafary [Re: ReeferMan]
    #778434 - 07/26/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i saw one get arrested the other night on cops. poor guy. just being a soldier in a peacful war, and now he's in prison for a long long tim. for hurting not a soul. just healing a nation with his ganja.
so i went and tripped with a rasta today, and he looked at me (before he started tripping) and said. "you look like Haile Selassie". i'm honored greatly.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #815747 - 08/13/02 05:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah man i'm into it. strangely enough there's a strong rastafarian movement in japan! so i've been hanging out with japanese rastas - and some brazilians - and i love it. nyah bingi!!! chalice, nature love respect purification....some of them seem to believe in some crazy stuff but man the way of life is beautiful and very real.

OfflineI3lunts42o
Spore Collector
Loc: I don't even know where i...
    #816781 - 08/14/02 04:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i lived with rasta's for a year and never heard em say 1/2 that shit. but it was tight havin jamacan's livin w/ me allk i had to do was walk downstairs when i wanted herb.

--------------------
Note: This post is a work of fiction and for entertainment only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I smoke weed to ease my mind,
I eat every tab i find,
I drink shroom tea by the jugs,
Can't you see that I love drugs?

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: rastafary [Re: I3lunts42o]
    #817377 - 08/14/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

they may not have said anything about it. but it's what rastafari is. try looking it up. i've known christians that i lived with for years and they never talk about THEIR faith. there are nominals in every religion.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds