Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineichaelma
travler
 User Gallery

Loc: pacifif northwest
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Shroomism]
    #8170165 - 03/20/08 12:23 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

self expression, duh, we all want to be unique. why not get a tattoo, something that is symbolic to you. for some it is a fad, but for most its self expression. how do you express yourself? how do you wear your hair? what kind of shoes do you wear? how do you think of yourself?
get a tattoo, something you draw yourself or a symbol, you will feel differently.

--------------------
who?what?where?why?when?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewilgi
Stranger
Male

#8170168 - 03/20/08 12:25 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A10810/earireco.html

Trust me bro, my best friend is a tattoo artist. I've seen it happen tons of times. He refuses to tattoo people who have drank heavily the night before now because they bleed so much the ink does not take and the tattoo ends up looking like shit. 

i know i believe you, this information should be more available, people have a lot of different opinions, thanks tho! :smile:

--------------------
retired

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: wilgi]
    #8170176 - 03/20/08 12:27 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Any tattoo artist worth their salt will tell you all this. They will also ask if you had been drinking the night before or earlier that day.. because it does make a big difference.
It's scratchers and "back-alley" tattoo artists you have to watch out for. They wouldn't give a shit how much you bleed.

A little blood is normal.. but the most blood I have seen after being tattooed is a bunch of little droplets forming an hour or two after the tattoo. People whose blood is thinned bleed all over the place while they are being tatooed.

--------------------

OfflineClashingTaco
Tasty
Female

Loc: New York
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: ichaelma]
    #8170188 - 03/20/08 12:31 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I think some tattoos are good and some are just lame. I've seen tons of girls with almost identical tattoos or someone that got it because their friend did and it was "cool" but there are other people that consider it a work of art and want to make their body a canvas. I think some tattoos are tasteful and look really nice. As for the whole getting older thing, if it's a nice tattoo by the time a tattoo gets ugly the person will probably be ugly anyway.

I don't think piercings are a big deal. Unless you get them really infected you can take them out and have no scar. I've had tons of piercings and you can't tell I had some that I took out. It's like wearing a necklace or bracelet you like but instead of around you it's through you.

And besides, if someone wants to go through the pain and money and come out looking like a douche bag, who cares? It's their body and they'll have to live with it, not you.

--------------------
Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: ClashingTaco]
    #8170210 - 03/20/08 12:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah.. having a friend as a tattoo artist I've seen a good majority of these people that just want some random ink on their skin they don't really put any thought into at all. It's pretty sad really. Like they will come in and look through a book and be like Ooooh I want that!. Without putting any thought into it.. all my tattoos are custom and I drew up myself and planned them and thought about them for at least a month or two before getting them. My friend prefers to do custom work, but money is money and if dumb girl number 410 wants some random piece of flash he'll do it. I can't tell you how many chicks I've seen get some variation of the same damn butterfly on their lower back. IMO a tattoo should be an extension of your personality and say something about you as a person.. and if you have the same damn tattoo that 50,000 other people have then what does that say?

But it's their body. Even if they'll regret it later it's their choice.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: wilgi]
    #8170244 - 03/20/08 12:53 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Tattoo's and piercing are NOT a fad. However in many cases trends do dictate the reasons people modify themselves (this is evident with tongue piercings, and band tattoos.)

However, there are some of us who view it in more of an eloquent and directed social sense.

I refuse to believe that the lady i settle with be somehow lower quality because of my tattoos, or that i will be "a blue collar worker" or some such denegrate...

1st off - with generation x especially, such a populous is getting modified, it is becomming much more accepted and common as our society grows more liberal minded.

Really, i believe that being consciously modified leads some to personal empowerment and a more directed lifestyle. Being visibly modified for some (large minority) leads us to live our life with intention, reminds us of our dreams and our possibilities and reminds us that we are outside of the sum of outsiders assumptions.

This fellow is perhaps the best example of that: http://www.ineedmorelife.com/blog/

For me... my among many other things, including my chickens, my dreadlocks, and even my tattoos (not that i think about it like that.) - remind me that i am DIFFERENT than everyone else. I am off on a solo bike trip across 4 bike countries in South america in 20-some-days...

However, i can sympathasize with the nay sayers and the original poster - because many people, especially young people make very bad decisions about how they express themselves at a vulnerable and confusing time of their lives. Many DO regret their modification choices because they went into it with the wrong attitude, and oneday will want to undo the not undo'able.

All i ask is that you keep an open mind - and if you cant do that, ill live my life - unashamed outside of the consensus 9-5 world.

I would never want to be anything less than radical and would never want to blend into the bland world of try to hard, vain, judgemental, people who condemn me. Afterall, they probably wear scents which chemically confuse the fairer sexes mind, dye their hair, and tan their skin, shave their legs, etc... for no less than superficial reasons.

But, thats just me.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: PDU]
    #8170264 - 03/20/08 01:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: PDU]
    #8170432 - 03/20/08 04:24 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad I started this thread. Some of the pro-body-modification posts have been really insightful. You get some really thoughtful people on the Shroomery (as well as a lot of adolescent bullshit). I'll concede that 'fad' is the wrong word since it has been around so long. That's like calling smoking weed a fad. BUT, I still say there's a certain trendiness to it that turns me off. If I go to a club and see a band, and let's say there are 400 people there and like 90% have tattoos, probably all of them are just bullshit tattoos. I can't help thinking 'what a bunch of group thinking cunts'. Maybe I need to lighten up, maybe it's lame to judge people but that's what goes through my mind. Everybody is a product of their own time and place but I feel like I have always done better than average at limiting the impact of conformity. On the other hand, hundreds of millions of other people are typing on their computers wearing t-shirts and boxers right now so I guess I better stop pretending. I will say this to those of you in your early twenties: If you want a tattoo wait ten years to get it, if you still wannt it, cool, and you'll still have it for thirty to fifty more years. That's my advice. If you cover up your arms and so on by the time you're twenty-five you'll still wake up with the same stupid designs on your body when you're 85. That's 60 fucking years!

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #8170481 - 03/20/08 05:24 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I've always thought the same thing. I'm just not swayed enough by anything to etch it on to my skin forever. A lot of people I know get some sort of Canadian flag design, or sports team logo (:rolleyes:), and I smirk and :shrug:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Cameron]
    #8170486 - 03/20/08 05:28 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlinerexmundi
Stranger

Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8170518 - 03/20/08 05:54 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Alcohol the night before definitely does not help. Neither have pain killers in my experience.

I wait till afterwards for the painkillers and weed. Weed makes it hurt more during.

I've done coke while getting tattooed and it actually helped, probably still not a good idea though.

Be sober, experience the pain, earn the tattoo. It's part of the process.

--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine

Fuck the system.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Piercing and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #8170522 - 03/20/08 05:56 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
You'll grow to regret it if you do. You'll get sick of seeing that shit on your skin. And you'll probably find yourself stuck with lower quality lovers as well.

let me officially call bullshit on this one... lower quality lovers? what the fuck is that supposed to mean? i have gotten laid the same amount before and after my tattoos... maybe even more afterwards... and the quality of the girls just keeps getting better and better...

and as for the first argument... all my tats are on my back and have meaning... i have to go to a mirror to see them hence i don't think i'll get tired of them... and even if i do, each and every one of them means something to me which is enough reason to keep them...

--------------------

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
    #8170553 - 03/20/08 06:29 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

MY GF GOT HER CARTILAGE PEIRCED AND NOW SHE DOESNT LET ME PLAY WITH THER EARS AS MUCH.

peircings that cause pain suck fuck those motherfuckers.

:stabbarney:

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: pong]
    #8170586 - 03/20/08 06:58 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pong said:
MY GF GOT HER CARTILAGE PEIRCED AND NOW SHE DOESNT LET ME PLAY WITH THER EARS AS MUCH.

peircings that cause pain suck fuck those motherfuckers.

:stabbarney:

just be thankful she didn't pierce her clit... although once it heals a clit piercing is a sweet thing...

--------------------

Invisiblewilgi
Stranger
Male

Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: In(di)go]
    #8171656 - 03/20/08 12:09 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i want a pentagram

--------------------
retired

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8171733 - 03/20/08 12:31 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:

That is Soooo lame.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds