Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Shroomism]
    #8168868 - 03/19/08 08:05 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

how about the Maori Tattoos

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8168870 - 03/19/08 08:06 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

LayYouIn said:
when girls have tattoos though, i find it unattractive and tacky.

QFT...for majority of cases atleast

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Brainiac]
    #8168876 - 03/19/08 08:06 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Yep same thing

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #8168909 - 03/19/08 08:13 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The pain is half the fun.

These tattoo guns nowadays are nothing.
Try a traditional tattoo... where they use a sharpened piece of bamboo and a hammer.. and chisel the design into your skin, which they then pour ink into the channels. That was how all tattoos were done before electricity.. and most traditional Japanese tattoos, as well as many South American tribes continue to this day.

I would love to get a kick ass tattoo in the traditional style in like fiji or new zealand or something.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #8168920 - 03/19/08 08:16 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

i agree, but there is one form/method of tattoo i would gladly have done to my body, if i ever found reason for it

i don't know a specific name, but i saw on the travel channel many years ago these tropical peoples who took a stick with a small metal piece with two prongs; they would break the skin with the prong, then fill the wound in with a natural black ink from some plant. a session lasted anywhere from 6-12 hours and multiple sessions were needed to complete any single tattoo

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: demiu5]
    #8168938 - 03/19/08 08:19 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

in the polynesian islands they use boar tusk and a bamboo stick and a stone.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8168961 - 03/19/08 08:25 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

the stone was probably the metal i'm thinking of. it may have been in the polynesians; i saw this like 7 years ago

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Piercing and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #8168968 - 03/19/08 08:26 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Why? its self expression..I'm getting a tattoo sometime or some in fact if i can afford it.
I have both my earlobes pierced twice in both lobes...
  I think Tats are cool as long as it is good artwork and not shitty amateur shit that looks like a little kid drew on themselves. :lol:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Piercing and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Skunk420]
    #8168993 - 03/19/08 08:32 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Skunk420 said:
Why? its self expression..I'm getting a tattoo sometime or some in fact if i can afford it.
  I think Tats are cool as long as it is good artwork and not shitty amateur shit that looks like a little kid drew on themselves. :lol:

You'll grow to regret it if you do. You'll get sick of seeing that shit on your skin. And you'll probably find yourself stuck with lower quality lovers as well.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Brainiac]
    #8169011 - 03/19/08 08:36 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
I couldn't stand pain of ether.

..pussy!! I pierced both my earlobes myself with a thick guage safety pin..i numbed my ears with ice..and i sterilized the safety pin buy using a lighter flame to it..
I waited until i thought it was numb enough and then did it myself..they still look good to this day.
and i personally guaged them out to a 14...

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#8169023 - 03/19/08 08:38 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Skunk420 said:

You'll grow to regret it if you do. You'll get sick of seeing that shit on your skin. And you'll probably find yourself stuck with lower quality lovers as well.

..I doubt that, I see peeps with tats and piercings all the time and I live in Utah.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Piercing and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: Skunk420]
    #8169032 - 03/19/08 08:41 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah but don't you want to be able to convince some young Mormon bitch to let you pound her in the ass while her 'fiance' is on his mission?

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
    #8169278 - 03/19/08 09:24 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Skunk420 said:

Judging by your anti-ink attitude, I'm assuming you don't have any tattoos of your own.

If that's the case, then how the fuck would you know how other people feel about theirs?

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

Offlinerexmundi
Stranger

Re: Piercing and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #8169526 - 03/19/08 10:06 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

I definitely do not consider tattoos to be a fad, or even piercings. The way they are used, yes can be trendy.

I consider myself to be heavily tattooed compared to others my age (21). However, none are generally visible to the public unless I choose. They all have meaning in my life, and I like to think that they chart my life experience in an artform that has been enjoyed by my ancestors since the dawn of civilization.

I personally love the look of heavily tattooed people, male, female, young, and old. I love girls with tatts, and I like the look as it ages. To me it adds depth to the character. Show me a person with a tattoo and I'll show you a person with a story.

That said, not every tattoo has a story, which is fine, it can be trendy, which is fine. Some people are in to that, it's cool. It can be annoying to people like the OP, and for some who are really into tattoos, it is just as annoying.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I love tattoos, I love the look, I love the concept, for me they are deeply personal, I doubt I will ever get any that can't be hidden. They are only for me. I don't like the trendies, but I do appreciate them for what they are and what they represent.

I dunno, think what you will of tattoos, that's my 2 cents and that's all I can really say. Sorry for the tangent.

--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine

Fuck the system.

Invisiblewilgi
Stranger
Male

#8169626 - 03/19/08 10:31 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

i think tatoo's are hard to find, as in, ones that actually will always represent you, through whatever phase our new outlooks you get on life throught your journey here

--------------------
retired

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: wilgi]
    #8169968 - 03/19/08 11:45 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

I agree with both sides, trendy/not thought out tattoos are stupid and annoying, but ones with meaning and that are well placed can look really nice. I might get one this fall... I would want it to be important.

--------------------

Invisiblewilgi
Stranger
Male

Re: Piercings and Tattoos Seem so Stupid to Me [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #8169993 - 03/19/08 11:51 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

my friend got "to all the love thats left me" on his ribs for his mom who passed away, i can relate having lost a father, i would get somthing in his memory, something like that is fine i think, it was about 2 hours, i advise everyone to take some xanax or a pain killer, and a few shots, the artist who did his said he cant go without, all the blood thinning is myth, the 2 hours he had to do it sober were brutal to watch, he was shaking, so be prepared hah

--------------------
retired

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8170104 - 03/20/08 12:10 AM (16 years, 12 days ago)

The blood thinning is NOT a myth. But that mostly pertains to drinking the night before.. drinking right before the tattoo will not thin your blood enough to make a huge difference. But Alcohol will thin your blood and so will aspirin. I've seen it happen, you will bleed like a stuck pig and most responsible tattoo artists will refuse to tattoo you.

And the pain depends on where you get the tattoo. When I had my arms done, it was an annoying pain but not bad at all. I was sober except for smoking some bowls while being tattooed. After about 30 minutes, your endorphins start to kick in anyway, and you just sort of go numb and go into a trance.

When I had my chest done..specifically the area around the sternum.. that was a whole different story. The pain was so extreme, the tattoo artist had to stop. The next time I went in, I took a bunch of vocodins and drank some alcohol before I went.. it still hurt like a mother fucker. I was shaking pretty much the whole time.. that was some serious pain. I imagine certain places on the body just hurt a lot more than others, I've heard the back can be rather painful as well as the legs.. I know for a fact the chest hurts especially if you dont have much/any fat.

--------------------

Invisiblewilgi
Stranger
Male

#8170116 - 03/20/08 12:13 AM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The blood thinning is NOT a myth. But that mostly pertains to drinking the night before.. drinking right before the tattoo will not thin your blood enough to make a huge difference. But Alcohol will thin your blood and so will aspirin. I've seen it happen, you will bleed like a stuck pig and most responsible tattoo artists will refuse to tattoo you.

And the pain depends on where you get the tattoo. When I had my arms done, it was an annoying pain but not bad at all. I was sober except for smoking some bowls while being tattooed. After about 30 minutes, your endorphins start to kick in anyway, and you just sort of go numb and go into a trance.

When I had my chest done..specifically the area around the sternum.. that was a whole different story. The pain was so extreme, the tattoo artist had to stop. The next time I went in, I took a bunch of vocodins and drank some alcohol before I went.. it still hurt like a mother fucker.

but the night before... hmm, doubt it, id like to see it for myself, pain killers and alchohal alone the night before, is radical anyways

--------------------
retired

Edited by wilgi (03/20/08 12:15 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8170147 - 03/20/08 12:19 AM (16 years, 12 days ago)

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A10810/earireco.html

Trust me bro, my best friend is a tattoo artist. I've seen it happen tons of times. He refuses to tattoo people who have drank heavily the night before now because they bleed so much the ink does not take and the tattoo ends up looking like shit. Don't "test out" what thousands of other people already know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies