Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelukeduke711

Shrooming in Pennsylvania
    #8165049 - 03/19/08 12:28 AM (16 years, 14 days ago)

Hello....im new here...names Luke and I find psychedelics fascinating:ooo:

So amazing that I want to go find shrooms and eat them....so to get started I know pretty much nothing except not to be an idiot and go eat wild shrooms without knowing about them.
I live in a rural area of Western Pa with cow fields filled with cow patties everywhere. Also lots of semi-tall grass fields...also along with lots of fertile ground in the woods with pine trees and other trees everywhere.

When will shrooms start growing...right now its still cold as hell here. When spring comes will they start popping up? And is it true that if theres a shroom growing on a cow pattie that its safe to trip off of??

Please explain where to find/what to look for.

PS: Dont think im dumb....cause I learn fast and pretty soon ill be like all of yinz :mushroom2:(Pittsburgh talk for you guys)lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Shrooming in Pennsylvania [Re: lukeduke711]
    #8165176 - 03/19/08 01:10 AM (16 years, 14 days ago)

Ok get good pics of all the mushrooms you can find and post them here until you can identify them all. Get a digital camera with macro mode. Also check craigslist and ebay for an inexpensive microscope.

Offlinelbtchnlgs
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooming in Pennsylvania [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8165724 - 03/19/08 08:54 AM (16 years, 13 days ago)

Glad to see you are excited and interested

Read as much from these forums as you can

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Shrooming in Pennsylvania [Re: lbtchnlgs]
    #8165883 - 03/19/08 09:56 AM (16 years, 13 days ago)

What you want to do, is just to go out and sniff around, learn whats growing and learn the ecosystems around your area, it wouldn't make anysense to me to study up on all kinds of fungus then walk around and try and look for things that may never fruit in your area.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #8166370 - 03/19/08 12:18 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

this site has the info that tells you what grows in your area and when you can find them.... I dont think you will have a real big selction of actives in Pa.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #8166486 - 03/19/08 12:53 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Luke, I'm happy to hear that you know better than to eat random mushrooms.  That is a very good start.  :wink:

All of the answers to these questions can be easily found on the site, so if you're serious, then here is where you should start.

Quote:

I. Mushroom Hunting Forum rules

3. Do not ask what mushrooms can be found growing in your state or immediate area.
This information is easily found in the Mushroom Hunting FAQ and/or has been posted at least once elsewhere on the net. Also see this document: http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

6.  No asking when or where mushrooms, or a specific mushroom species will grow.
This includes, asking what habitat a mushroom[s] can be found- or their preferred fruiting conditions.  This can be very simply answered by using the "search posts" feature: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

Also, please try using the "Search Posts" feature, it is extremely useful:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder