Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedextor1118
Stranger
newb with questions about first use
    #8165766 - 03/19/08 11:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My friend is in town for the week and him and I have never tried shrooms and want to. I also convinced my gf to try them, which makes me happy. I got a dealer, but how much should we all take for our first time? My friend and I weight 130 and 145, and my gf weights about 110 lbs. We had planned on blazing, going to fogo de chao and stuffing ourselves, then coming back and shrooming. Is there any reason not to blaze 2 hours before shrooming? Or eating a lot of food before? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: newb with questions about first use [Re: dextor1118]
    #8165784 - 03/19/08 11:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well for a first trip i would recommend about 1.5-2 grams dried. Blazing has never been a problem for me. I wouldn't recommend having a real full stomach before eating mushrooms due to the fact it will take longer for them to absorb into your stomach and the fact that puking out a bunch of food while you are coming up is never any fun...

oh by the way stay hydrated while shrooming it is easy get overheated and dehydrated and cause you to pass out whitch will ruin a trip really quickly...

have fun be safe!

Edited by fliped (03/19/08 11:22 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #8165790 - 03/19/08 11:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Eating a lot of food before a trip probably isn't the greatest idea...especially for first-timers. Much better to approach your first trip with an empty stomach. You won't have to worry about getting hungry while you are tripping :wink:

Smoking before is ok, especially if its 2 hours before. Be careful smoking during the trip...I suggest holding off for the first hour or two, so you can see how high you are going to get. Smoking during the come-up will bring you up to a peak a lot faster, and you'll probably peak higher too. The sudden zooming is a little much for some people...

Take about 1/2 of an eighth each for your first time (about 1.75 grams).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery
Loc: tennessee
Re: newb with questions about first use [Re: trendal]
    #8165801 - 03/19/08 11:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I love smoking during the come-up.

Offlinejasonpwnd
Learnin'
 User Gallery

Loc: the flip side
Re: newb with questions about first use [Re: trendal]
    #8165823 - 03/19/08 11:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i disagree with shroomin' on and empty stomach. all of my worst trips were when i was hungry, and usually i was in the process of making food when things went wrong.. :shrug: at the same time though i would not eat a lot because it will take forever to come up.. i usually eat a sandwich and a few chips or something at least half hour before i eat mushies.

--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8165860 - 03/19/08 11:47 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

'stuffing yourself' before shrooming is not a good idea. As a rule of thumb...Never shroom on a full stomach.
In my experience.. empty stomach is best. If you MUST eat something.. make it something healthy..nutritious, and light.... like an orange. Which, while being tasty and delicious.. also may coincidentally be a little boost to your trip. You won't be getting very hungry on your trip unless you haven't eaten in like a week or something.
And eating shrooms on a full stomach is never a good idea. Especially if said stomach is full of a lot of shitty processed foods. Shrooms can be pretty picky about what you digest them with.
skip the buffet, but thumbs up to the toking.

--------------------

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #8165904 - 03/19/08 12:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Read through the wealth of information here on The Shroomery. Check out the trip reports section to get an idea of what to expect. The more prepared you are and the more knowledge you have about the subject, the safer you'll be. Enjoy!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Community >> The Pub