Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecanaman
Stranger
just can't figure this out
    #8154642 - 03/16/08 07:17 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

So i have been trying to grow some B+ for a while now and i just cant get anything to grow. i have however made some liquid culture jars with water and karo. The spores grew short white strings of mycellium. i followed every sanitary procedure and i still cant figure out whats going wrong. i think i managed to dry out the jars so im assuming it got too hot and thats y so i started over and i know they arent dried out but i still get no growth. does anyone have any ideas on what i might be doing wrong? any help would be great. O yea and if theres anything more u need to know in order help let me know. Thanks so much ahead of time

--------------------
---------------------------------------
Everything I say here is pure fiction

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyelination
psychopharmacologist
 User Gallery

Re: just can't figure this out [Re: canaman]
    #8154648 - 03/16/08 07:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

no growth with PF tek jars? are you waiting for the jars to cool completely before innoculating?

Offlinecanaman
Stranger
    #8154675 - 03/16/08 07:28 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yes i waited over night before innoculating them. i'm starting to think that i just have bad spores or something. in the 2 lc jars there is little floating strings of white most of which are about 1/2 inch to 1 and a half inches long. (very few are about 4-6 inches). at first you can actually see it growing out from the spores so i'm sure thats whats growing. is this what i should see?

--------------------

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

#8154723 - 03/16/08 07:45 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i'm doing a rye tek. and its been over a year for me. and i still haven't got anything. it starts off looking good. it would grow all over and the jar would look 85% then all the rye would turn dark, really close to black and all the myce just dies or fades away leaving me with just a block of black rye.

what i've learned from it is temp. you should try lowering the temp to about 75 and see if anything happen

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: just can't figure this out [Re: Groomies]
    #8154749 - 03/16/08 07:53 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

sounds to me you got black mold. i got 4 wbs jars "p.ricans" completely colonized. thats just been chillin in my incubator for almost 3 months now.
i just never used them and they are still completely white no funky smell or slim shit at all.

Quote:

Groomies said:
i'm doing a rye tek. and its been over a year for me. and i still haven't got anything. it starts off looking good. it would grow all over and the jar would look 85% then all the rye would turn dark, really close to black and all the myce just dies or fades away leaving me with just a block of black rye.

what i've learned from it is temp. you should try lowering the temp to about 75 and see if anything happen

Offlinecanaman
Stranger
Re: just can't figure this out [Re: smokedout420]
    #8164044 - 03/18/08 08:50 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

ok so a new development in my endevors. i started a new LC jar and this time did not cover it with the breathable medical tape i had over the holes. I noticed two key differences. in my first jar when the white hairs settled on the bottom of the jar they seemed to be a little brown or orangish, but the new jars mycelium stays white even when settled. the other thing is my new jar has little bubbles floating up from the mycelium. I've taken these as good signs and started four jars using the new jar. so my question is can anyone tell me what this means? i assume this is the CO2 given off from thy mycelium feeding but what about the color in my first jar? and the most importantly is this what i am supposed to be seeing or not? o yea and i also did not cover the holes in the jars i started today after i nocked them.

--------------------

OfflineShroomial
Stranger

#8164488 - 03/18/08 10:09 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i say dunk those babies. an just rol them in ve an throw them back in a jar a did that once came out fine.

Offlinebigred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Latitude = 37.0954, Longi... Flag
Re: just can't figure this out [Re: Shroomial]
    #8164597 - 03/18/08 10:33 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know sry but I do know that all my b+ pint jars are slow as hell compared to the PE#6 and cams. I inoculated 6 pint on 2/25 and there about 80 to 90%.
SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: just can't figure this out [Re: bigred]
    #8164946 - 03/18/08 11:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, it is my opinion that you shouldn't incubate your jars. It just adds another say to fuck up your grow.

Sounds like a moisture issue to me. What are your ingredient ratios? It should be 2:1:1 - verm\BRF\water. If there's any water pooling at the bottom of your mix, drain it out. This should give you a good moisture content.

Quote:

i say dunk those babies. an just rol them in ve an throw them back in a jar a did that once came out fine.

This is terrible advice.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

OfflineShroomial
Stranger

Re: just can't figure this out [Re: thedefone]
    #8165521 - 03/19/08 06:03 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

nevre said it was good but when i had a problem like that i would experiment an take 1 out of the whole batch to experiment with it to learn new things.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order