Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8172944 - 03/20/08 06:14 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

I don't want you to feel bad for Obama you maniacal cynic.

I mean there are to many racist people that just don't care about fixing inequality and doing the RIGHT thing.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: dill705]
    #8172975 - 03/20/08 06:22 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Fix INEQUALITY? That is not a desirable goal. We are not born equal. Some of us are gifted beyond belief and some of you are not. That can never be fixed. Nor should it, because the only fix is to bring the gifted down to the average. You cannot make everyone exceptional.

Inequality under the law is desirable and attainable. When Affirmative Action is eradicated we will be closer.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8173031 - 03/20/08 06:33 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

No fool. Not individuals. The entire inner city black community has a massive spending deficit on education. This comes from the people who vote on where that money goes. It's wrong and needs to stop.

Shit needs to change. Our status has degraded very rapidly on the world stage and if we don't get our shit together it'll only get harder and harder to catch up.

And I mean fucking Europe and China. Fucking China is better than us at WAY TOO MANY THINGS. I'm sick of the attitude of the people in this country that says we can do it without every single one of us. We can't. It's that simple.

We don't need to make everyone "exceptional", we need them to be able to compete in a global economy that is leaving this country behind.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8173048 - 03/20/08 06:37 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

They have a massive spending deficit on education because they have no money because they won't fucking leave and get a job.

How to leave the ghetto in one easy lesson.
1. Board bus.
2. Get out.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8173075 - 03/20/08 06:44 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

There aren't jobs to get. That's why people moved to those areas, to get job. Then NAFTA outsourced all our jobs. Now they don't have jobs. How do you pay for a bus ride with no money?

And it's mostly the state here that appropriates education spending and they, like elsewhere, let the white kids get all the money.

That;s a huge problem.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8173118 - 03/20/08 06:53 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

NAFTA? Are you DAFTA? Their fucking problems predate NAFTA by decades. They went there because they got free or cheap housing. Free housing tends to create a community of bums seeking handouts. Their problems are mostly of their own making.

I don't know where you live but why should the rest of the state pay for their education? Get out, get a job and don't have babies. Guaranteed improvement.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8173216 - 03/20/08 07:15 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Dude, where have you been? Th federal government even funds schools. Ever heard of the un-funded No Child Left Behind act? That was all about using tests to judge what shools get more funding. And it funded the schools with high scores, instead of the schools that need to attract new teachers and buy new textbooks and technology.

I wanna say that most of their problems are their own fault, but a lot of it does tie in with slavery and Jim Crowe laws. We haven't fixed these problems adiquately yet.

When we do, we will be a more perfect union and will be better poised to compete in the world economy.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8173385 - 03/20/08 07:52 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
Dude, where have you been? Th federal government even funds schools. Ever heard of the un-funded No Child Left Behind act? That was all about using tests to judge what shools get more funding. And it funded the schools with high scores, instead of the schools that need to attract new teachers and buy new textbooks and technology.

What percentage of school funding comes from the federal gummint?  I think you'll be surprised at how low it is.  Which is as it should be.  You decry the No Child meddling, which is minimal, and yet can't seem to get your head around the fact that with greater federal funding comes greater federal meddling.
Quote:

I wanna say that most of their problems are their own fault, but a lot of it does tie in with slavery and Jim Crowe laws. We haven't fixed these problems adiquately yet.

If they don't get out of the ghetto on their own they will remain fucked forever, living on resentment and gummint cheese.  Quite a bitter repast.
Quote:

When we do, we will be a more perfect union and will be better poised to compete in the world economy.

We compete just fine in the world economy but better is good, too.  Of course, they will hate us even more then.:cool:

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8173548 - 03/20/08 08:35 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

You only choose to respond to things that you can twist to suit your views.

Whenever I have a valid point, you not only don't comment, you don't even concede the point.

It leaves you with a quite incomplete worldview.

I would die defending your right to be such an asshole, though.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #8173579 - 03/20/08 08:42 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
The reason why his polling hasn't jumped is because most Americans haven't heard the speach in it's entirety yet. All they've heard is soundbites.

i hope the MSM plays the "throw Grandma under a Bus" speech every day until November!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8173768 - 03/20/08 09:40 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

He didn't throw grandma under a bus...

He just made her roll over in her grave, that's all.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8174928 - 03/21/08 05:24 AM (16 years, 1 day ago)

is it really a shocker that an old white lady who lived during segregation might have dropped the N word a couple of times? I think he was merely showing that just because you have people in your life who feel/ believe a certain way, that you don't necessarily agree with all their beliefs.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #8175309 - 03/21/08 10:05 AM (16 years, 1 day ago)

i think the poor lady is still alive. (i bet she wished she was dead)

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8176073 - 03/21/08 02:06 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
You only choose to respond to things that you can twist to suit your views.

I quoted and responded to your entire post. Stop whining.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8176294 - 03/21/08 03:15 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dill705 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What percentage of school funding comes from the federal gummint? I think you'll be surprised at how low it is. Which is as it should be. You decry the No Child meddling, which is minimal, and yet can't seem to get your head around the fact that with greater federal funding comes greater federal meddling.

You responded to my entire post.

Not true. You seem to have left out the response to why the "gummunt" funds the schools that don't need as much funding?

You choose to ignore the actual policy side of the arguent and respond with shit I look at and say, "No shit. But why do they do it the way they do?"

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8176667 - 03/21/08 04:58 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
Quote:

Quote:

dill705 said:

What percentage of school funding comes from the federal gummint? I think you'll be surprised at how low it is. Which is as it should be. You decry the No Child meddling, which is minimal, and yet can't seem to get your head around the fact that with greater federal funding comes greater federal meddling.

You responded to my entire post.

Not true. You seem to have left out the response to why the "gummunt" funds the schools that don't need as much funding?

You choose to ignore the actual policy side of the arguent and respond with shit I look at and say, "No shit. But why do they do it the way they do?"

The Kennedy No Child Left Behind Act does not reward high performers. It punishes status quo low performers. Tithing. An excellent idea. Schools that fail should be replaced. Reward for success, nothing for failure. What other stick do they have? You prefer to keep giving money to incompetents?

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8176779 - 03/21/08 05:29 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

They get lower scores because they have twenty year old textbooks that science has left behind. They have little computer skills and they have terrible teachers.

I have a friend who's mom works at a school in Flint and she's one of the least intelligent people I've ever met. We need to fund these schools ore so that the kids can get the education they need to score higher on these tests.

A better educated electorate will raise our nation to new heights never before reached.

You sound like the kind of person that shoots his dog for barking at strangers. "Well if the dumb fucker still hasn't learned, I'll just have to dispose of him".

Instead of assuming it's the dogs fault, maybe we should look at the trainers and the equipment they use. In this case, bigger salaries result in better teachers, more funding results in newer textbooks and more computers, maybe even job training like my school offered.

Close down the shitty schools like you said, and then what? How do you propose we solve the problem?

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8176950 - 03/21/08 06:24 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

The single greatest handicap to good schools is tenure for teachers and unions. I don't know what it's like where you live but in NYC and environs it's almost impossible to fire teachers.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8177013 - 03/21/08 06:37 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Perhaps this is true, but you still haven't covered the old textbooks that I never had in my "priviledged" school.

It's fucked to think that the worst schools need LESS money to get BETTER results.

It's another Bush policy that is just plain RETARDED.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8177134 - 03/21/08 07:03 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

They need zero money to get better. They need to be entirely replaced. Also, this is Kennedy's bill.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies