Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #8166427 - 03/19/08 12:35 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

You sound like the many people who believed Obama when he said this about the Iraq war...

"The failure of the Iraqi state would be a disaster," "It would dishonor the 900-plus men and women who have already died. . . . It would be a betrayal of the promise that we made to the Iraqi people, and it would be hugely destabilizing from a national security perspective."

"the United States had an "absolute obligation " to remain in Iraq long enough to make it a success."

Barack Obama

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8166469 - 03/19/08 12:48 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 06:10 PM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8166530 - 03/19/08 01:06 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

2002 Iraq war is a "dumb war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle, but on politics."

2003 "Absolutely want to make sure that the troops have sufficient support to be able to win."

2004 "the United States had an "absolute obligation " to remain in Iraq long enough to make it a success."

2004 "there's not that much difference between my position [on the war] and George Bush's position at this stage."

2005 'gradual withdrawal of forces. "Notice that I say 'reduce,' and not 'fully withdraw'"

2006 "Let's bring our troops home...But whether that's the best policy right now, I don't feel comfortable saying it is."

2007 "redeployment of U.S. forces no later than May 1, 2007" and "remove all combat brigades from Iraq by March 31, 2008."

2007 "the United States cannot use its military to solve humanitarian problems and that preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn't a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there."

"the United States "absolute obligation " to remain in Iraq long enough to make it a success. He stated that failure of the Iraqi state would be a disaster and would be a betrayal of the promise that we made to the Iraqi people, and it would be hugely destabilizing from a national security perspective."

absolute obligation"..............

MY ASS!

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8166669 - 03/19/08 01:34 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:12 AM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8166866 - 03/19/08 02:15 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/30/AR2007013001586.html

You left this quote out from your link.

There’s no doubt there are risks of increased bloodshed in Iraq without a continuing U.S. presence there.”The greater risk is staying in Iraq, Obama said.“It is my assessment that those risks are even greater if we continue to occupy Iraq and serve as a magnet for not only terrorist activity but also irresponsible behavior by Iraqi factions.”

Maybe the U.N. will save the people of Iraq....

"the United States "absolute obligation " to remain in Iraq long enough to make it a success. He stated that failure of the Iraqi state would be a disaster and would be a betrayal of the promise that we made to the Iraqi people, and it would be hugely destabilizing from a national security perspective."

Barack Obama

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: dill705]
    #8166954 - 03/19/08 02:30 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:

Just wait till the racist guys show up on this thread. That's what stopped me from posting it. I think they've been flocking to my posts in here.

I still love you though zappa :heart:

I haven't read the thread yet but I resent this right away.  I defy you to find one racist post I have ever made. 
I love you too.  Without you, baby seals would be taking a much bigger beating.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8166968 - 03/19/08 02:33 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

i also don't believe obama would really would move many troops out of Iraq immediately. (hes just making the moonbats happy)

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8166995 - 03/19/08 02:37 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

dill705 said:

Just wait till the racist guys show up on this thread. That's what stopped me from posting it. I think they've been flocking to my posts in here.

I still love you though zappa :heart:

I haven't read the thread yet but I resent this right away.  I defy you to find one racist post I have ever made. 
I love you too.  Without you, baby seals would be taking a much bigger beating.

Everyone But Obamas mentor Jeremiah Wright is a Racist

Including Obama's poor white grandmother. Obama: she was a racist.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8167091 - 03/19/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Back on topic:

I heard most of it and it sickened me that this slick as vaseline phony gets away with this shit. He threw both Wright and his grandmother under the bus. Wright the crazy uncle and Grandma the racist. He wants to put Wright's crap in context and apologize for him or dismiss him as the "crazy" uncle. "Crazy" he is but you don't make your crazy uncle your main spiritual advisor (if you are so inclined to that crap. Nobody has that kind of hold on me). The man didn't just become "crazy" yesterday. He's been "crazy" forever. Now, I agree with Barry that there is an excuse for "Crazy" Jerry. The person there is no excuse for is Barry. He said he didn't have to experience what "Crazy" Jerry did so he doesn't hate whitey like "Crazy" Jerry does. Yet he goes to his church for decades and basically adopts him as family. He chose "Crazy" Jerry, knowing full well what he was. He chose to pay obeisance to a terrorist (William Ayres). An unrepentant terrorist. I question the man's judgment. There are other shady associations as well. I heard he consults 3 times a week with Al Sharpton, a bigger race baiting fuckhole you can't find. There's more. Malik Shabazz. Some other guy who's name I can't recall right now. What kind of leader can he be? No kind.

Now there's poor old Grandma. She made him cringe when he was a little boy because she was afraid of young black males. What part of that made him cringe? That Granny recognized that at the time they were disproportionately represented in the population of Granny beating muggers or that they were disproportionately represented in the population of Granny beating muggers? He was ashamed of Granny? Or black muggers?

We won't soon have a black president until they nominate a black who has gotten over being black. A similar statement applies to women. I'm not interested in electing somebody with a grudge. Then again, that seems to be a pretty general description of liberals in general. They all have a grudge about something. In spite of the fact that liberals have mostly run the country since before WW2, they still whine. Idiots. We could have been so much more.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
    #8167187 - 03/19/08 03:15 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

I'm too busy to read all your posts, there's 375 pages of them.

I just think your afraid of a black guy being sincere. I get it from lonestar as well. You guys don't take criticism well, so I expect retorts, but I think it's not just his "liberal" policies, but rather, that you can't concieve a sincere intelligent black man.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8167287 - 03/19/08 03:30 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
I'm too busy to read all your posts, there's 375 pages of them.

I just think your afraid of a black guy being sincere. I get it from lonestar as well. You guys don't take criticism well, so I expect retorts, but I think it's not just his "liberal" policies, but rather, that you can't concieve a sincere intelligent black man.

bull shit people who cant take "criticism" don't last long in the Political forum.

this so called racist white boy has sent campaign contributions to Ken Blackwell, Lynn Swann, and Michael Steele.

I have always supported Collin Powell and Condi rice.

And my hero's are Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell.

So many fucking race-card idiots out there...

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8167329 - 03/19/08 03:35 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Why would you support Condi Rice? Just wondering, I've never thought very highly of her. Maybe you can clear her image up for me.

Sorry to have offended you, I guess your not racist, only narrow minded.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8167353 - 03/19/08 03:39 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:

Sorry to have offended you, I guess your not racist, only narrow minded.

:rotfl:

and you're soooooo open minded...

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (03/19/08 04:02 PM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8167443 - 03/19/08 03:55 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
Why would you support Condi Rice? I've never thought very highly of her.

She helped end the cold war.

Maybe you can't conceive a sincere intelligent black woman.....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (03/19/08 03:59 PM)

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #8167688 - 03/19/08 04:28 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Great speech that honestly and openly addressed racial issues in the US and in his campaign - those saying he "threw so-and-so (Wright/grandma) under a bus" are professing false outrage on another person's behalf in order to denigrate a strong and intelligent candidate. I sincerely doubt that either of these people would appreciate your (false) concern.

Compare this speech to any that Bush has given - and then consider that he wrote it himself.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: phi1618]
    #8167790 - 03/19/08 04:43 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
Great speech that honestly and openly addressed racial issues in the US and in his campaign - those saying he "threw so-and-so (Wright/grandma) under a bus" are professing false outrage on another person's behalf in order to denigrate a strong and intelligent candidate. I sincerely doubt that either of these people would appreciate your (false) concern.

Compare this speech to any that Bush has given - and then consider that he wrote it himself.

You know this how?

My problem with the speech is that he hates whitey. Clearly. Here's another take:
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/03/obama-condemns-america-with-original.html

Speaking of the Declaration of Independence Barry said the part in bold below. What follows is commentary:

Quote:

"The document they produced was eventually signed but ultimately unfinished. It was stained by this nation’s original sin of slavery..."

And... With those words Barack Obama condemned each and every American with the original stain of slavery.

Regardless of this nation's glorious history
Regardless of the fact that America was one of the first nations to outlaw slavery
Regardless of the fact that hundreds of thousands of Americans fought in a war to rid this nation of slavery
Regardless of the millions of people this country set free from tyranny
Regardless of the 50 million Iraqis and Afghans this country set free

You as an American-- Are born with the "stain" of slavery.
You have a hereditary stain with which you are born with on account of this nation's origin sin of slavery.

Africans and Arabs Japanese, Chinese, etc. never kept slaves. Nope, America invented slavery. Barry, the new race pimp. I, personally, feel no guilt over slavery. Except for the Fillipino pool boy who escaped after three weeks. That still haunts me. Mostly because he got away. He was hot.

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#8167815 - 03/19/08 04:48 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

My problem with the speech is that he hates whitey.

You deduce this how? You know he is half white, and was raised in a white family?

Quote:

"The document they produced was eventually signed but ultimately unfinished. It was stained by this nation’s original sin of slavery..."

And... With those words Barack Obama condemned each and every American with the original stain of slavery.

Regardless of this nation's glorious history
Regardless of the fact that America was one of the first nations to outlaw slavery
Regardless of the fact that hundreds of thousands of Americans fought in a war to rid this nation of slavery
Regardless of the millions of people this country set free from tyranny
Regardless of the 50 million Iraqis and Afghans this country set free

You as an American-- Are born with the "stain" of slavery.
You have a hereditary stain with which you are born with on account of this nation's origin sin of slavery.

This is an intentional distortion of the meaning of his words - it's not that slavery is a uniquely or originally American institution, but that the social effects of slavery persist in our culture to the present day. It's not that we should feel guilty over slavery, but that we need to acknowledge and openly address the continuing racial divide in this nation.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech [Re: phi1618]
    #8167871 - 03/19/08 04:57 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

He declared America to be stained by the original sin of slavery. I find no distortion there.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8168326 - 03/19/08 06:08 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Sometimes you are a little gay zappa. I dated a girl like you once. I went insane.

My advice, never date republican girls with horrid assholes, it rots their brains.

But, seriously our nation does have the stain of slavery. We promised each man life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We gave the slaves the whip when they asked to learn to read and write.

That's a big fucking stain if you ask me. Why can't people like you put yourself in their shoes? Yes a lot of their problems are their own fault, but how hard did we make it on them? Fucking hard. After slavery, they had nothing. No education, no money, no jobs. And this still affects these inner city blacks to this day. We have never caught up on equality and it's a tradegy to our nations history.

Put yourself in someone else's place, you might find that they really do have it harder than you.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8168467 - 03/19/08 06:36 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

No. I vehemently reject your postulate that the white American needs to forever kowtow to some notion that he, the one alive today, owes some apology to some possible descendant of slaves because some other white guy who may or may not be related to him may or may not have owned slaves 150 years ago. Slavery was not invented by white people and they are not the only historic participants. BLACK people had millenium long history of keeping slaves. They sold slaves to Americans. Arabs, Romans, Indians, EVERYFUCKINGCULTURE had slaves. The only one I think didn't is the Abos of Australia.

Do some people have it harder than me? Of course, I am practically a Greek God, strong of mind and body and possessor of a pleasant mien. I am fully aware that there are less fortunate. Nonetheless, it is not the politics of resentment Barry is trying to represent. Or is it?

I will not apologize for a seven generation gone slavery system nor will I for one second apologize for his grandma's attitude in re: likely muggers.

I asked before and I'll ask again:
Given the fact that young black males were a severely disproportionate risk for Granny mugging over all other groups did he cringe because:
1. Granny knew this or
2. That young black males were this

It sure seemed like Number 1 to me. Fuck him, he hates whitey. Even his Granny.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order