Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8168538 - 03/19/08 06:56 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
First, I forgot I had smoked anything. My breaths seemed to start being further and further apart, and my reality kind of melted into a generalized soup of sensation. I felt I was losing consciousness due to some kind of cardiac episode; this is funny, but I actually briefly wondered if my fast food-heavy diet had finally caught up with me. Next, I was a beam of energy firing into eternity; I was not certain whether I was dead or alive, but I knew I had entered a new reality. This is how the trip began.

Grappling with the complete destruction of my ego made me feel like I was in-between lives, in some kind of limbo dream-state of mid-reincarnation. Or something. I was completely conscious the whole time. It was weird.

my trip was similar to this, but not as intense, as far as i know, i wasn't him, having the trip, but in the aspect he described it wasn't nearly as intense as that.

i had this feeling when i thought about it, i kept wondering if i had ever been alive, and then i kept wondering if anyone really died, or if we were always dead, but not in an enlightened kind of way. It was more like my body had released something that it did when death was integrated, and that i wasn't dying but i was supposed to.

it was fuckin weird, i had this lingering feeling like there was deep attachment to life i was supposed to let go of, but hadn't. And all these crazy fuckin thoughts and shit kept recycling back around. To tell you the truth since then i had all types of feelings i hadn't felt in years come up, but just in fucked up ways, not even in memories, just as feelings, deep.. crazy shit.

+ it made me trip also, the trip was as insane as any mushroom acid trip you could think of.

dude, before you try that.. why don't you look up vipassana and s.n. goenka on the internet, apply for a 10 day meditation course, and then when you get out, think about dmt and if you're ready to die, it's not like smoking dmt will kill you, but i'd be ready to end my life right there, that's what i think about it.

if you want to trip balls, and have a deep experience, just take some mescaline or acid or something, you know? peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8168617 - 03/19/08 07:17 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

I've wondered this as well. I've been able to control myself on various things, but experiencing something as strong as DMT makes me have second thoughts, cause i know for sure there's some fucked up shit in my subconscious. Hah. The same goes for acid as well.

For now i'm trying to get my hands on some 'cid, and just go from there i guess. It makes me depressed that i was dumb enough to miss out on the opportunity to do some, all because of a girl. oh well, i know i'll get another chance to do it.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8168626 - 03/19/08 07:18 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

Rule of thumb: if you are not sure if you are dead or alive - then you are alive.

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8168650 - 03/19/08 07:23 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

This is the conclusion I came to as well. :smile: Experientially, though, it was not like being alive as I knew it.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineYlluks
Stranger

Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #8168935 - 03/19/08 08:18 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

I've smoked DMT forty-one times now. Two of those were "bad trips."

In the midst up a bad DMT trip, it was horrifying beyond anything I could even begin to describe.

Soon after, though, the memories begin to fade like a dream (or nightmare.) I really have to think of my experiences frequently of I'd probably forget them. I don't believe I've suffered any lasting psychological damage from said "bad trips."

If anything, smoking DMT has improved my state of mind. The "self-transforming machine elves", or whatever you want to call them preformed some type of "psychic surgery" on me during a few of my trips. (Yes I realize how crazy that sounds.) Since then, I feel as if I'm better able to concentrate and remember things.

I was afraid for awhile that I might have been becoming schizophrenic. I was hearing voices, and I'd completely shutdown in social situations. Since smoking DMT, there's been a complete turnaround. No more voices, and I'm pretty outgoing now.

They just kind of come in and "de-fragment my brain drive." It's fucking sweet. I'm grateful for DMT and recommend it. It definitely changed my life for the better. Can't wait to try Ayahuasca!

Offlineburntcokie13
Fuck the Police
Male

Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: Ylluks]
    #8172355 - 03/20/08 03:24 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Every time i smoke DMT it feels like this is what death must be like. The soft ambient noise of the world around me slowly fades into complete silence, then the buzzing starts and gets louder and louder until this world is gone.

I remember one time i went out into the woods to smoke...as i hit the pipe the world went silent but i soon lost the motor control to keep smoking. I decided to say "fuck it" and just started watching what was going on. As soon as i put the pipe down insects from all over the ground started crawling all over me, mosquitoes started to swarm and bite and all i could to was watch. While this was happening it felt like my body was melting back into the earth. I could feel myself decay as my flesh became food and fertilizer. It was really bad ass. Of course when i came out of it i killed all the fuckers i could for trespassing on me when i was in the vulnerable state.

Anyways...DMT feels like death. If you don't want to feel like you're dying, don't smoke DMT.

When my time comes, i want to be more ready for death than anybody else has ever been. I want to look it in its face and smile. So... i will continue to smoke DMT because practice makes perfect.

--------------------
Oh, do not ask "What is it?"
Let us go and make our visit.

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8172823 - 03/20/08 05:38 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Rule of thumb: if you are not sure if you are dead or alive - then you are alive.

how do you know that? how do you when a truck hits you, you go through some type of spiritual shock, you forget it and get up and start walking, in your mind, you feel a form of amnesia, and you feel weird as shit, but you can't tell the difference immediately, so you keep walking around living like you didn't know you were dead, when i smoked dmt, i went away from anybody i knew, and didn't really run into anyone, so for all i knew there was no one to come into contact with that could prove i was dead. how do you know that in this experience, you don't feel some weird feeling that can't prove you're there or not there.

god it was just like that, and all these really deep feelings came up i couldn't explain, like the pain of the attachment to life came up, it was nuts...

it really made me think though, you know, about how long you'd have to meditate to get to a point where those things came into your understanding...

i really think somewhere in my life, i should come to a place... where my attachment to life drifts away more... like through years of meditation or some shit, it really is an extremely deep place, sometimes you wonder why it'd have to be so extremely deep..

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: imachavel]
    #8174611 - 03/21/08 12:41 AM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Thanks to everyone who replied. I think these descriptions gave me a better understanding of how serious the DMT experience is. It's easy to read trip reports and just imagine how awe inspiring it must be in that moment, but I forget that I have to surrender all control in the process of getting there.

I still plan on trying DMT but first I should probably become more comfortable with the idea of my own death.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #8174867 - 03/21/08 03:26 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

man, i don't think it's worth it, you can get as much insight out of shrooms, acid, or mescaline. When i say become comfortable with your own death, i mean fuckin be prepared to smoke it, and die. You really want to smoke something and die when you have so much life left to live. Now you're not going to die, but i'd be prepared in such a manner.

i gotta tell you, to me i'm not ever ready for that, i'd never want to smoke something that's going to kill me, i'd rather meditate or something and experience death that way. Therefore, don't even bother.

just my opinion.

--------------------

Invisiblehokusai
๏̯๏
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Piedmont
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: imachavel]
    #8175758 - 03/21/08 12:35 PM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Not worth it?  It is absolutely worth it, most people will never have the opportunity to know what this experience is like let alone behold what it may have to say about life, death, and the very things that mold and shape our consciousness (universal mind)

It is certainly possible to get much insight out of shrooms, lsd, or mescaline but none of these are DMT and can not replace what this living library has to show...though mushrooms and high doses of acid may approach...

If you want to know, you will smoke DMT or otherwise ingest it.  Don't fear the experience, as you will definitely come back, try to be a passive observer--I think it's very important to aim to keep your mind clear and just observe--not to let your ego keep firing thoughts at will as this may prevent you from really absorbing and getting in to what the experience is all about.  Knowing how to meditate and traverse your own headspace will make navigating/experiencing this alien/hyperspace much easier.  Your mind will be blown, unquestionably, and you will contemplate and ponder the experience for the rest of your days if you're anything like me :grin:

DMT will help you remember that your body is a vessel and help you recall that much came before it and will remain after it has ran its course.  DMT will show you how much there truly is to live, and to die for.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: hokusai]
    #8175795 - 03/21/08 12:45 PM (16 years, 11 days ago)

DMT is totally worth it, I feel like I understand my acid and shroom trips a bit better because of it. Even without that consideration, it's definitely an experience worth having.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#8175876 - 03/21/08 01:11 PM (16 years, 11 days ago)

remember, everyone has a different experience on these things. Maybe what you experienced and what i experienced are not the same thing.

to me, death can be experienced in death, and only truly.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8175992 - 03/21/08 01:42 PM (16 years, 11 days ago)

I think it may have something to do with the fact that crackheads have less enjoyable DMT trips than typical psychonauts...

OfflineChaotic sheeple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Sanantonio
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #16494626 - 07/07/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So If I smoke Dmt I'll think i'm somewhere else? Will reality really just shatter? Will my surrondings go away? Will i know i'm still alive and sane?
I'm always scared that if i think im somewhere else i'll just freak out and go crazy lol.

--------------------
Open the mind to the infinite spectrum of perception

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: Chaotic sheeple]
    #16494677 - 07/07/12 11:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have not broke through on DMT in over a year. I have never been the same since. Nor will I ever be the same. Nor have I ever been the same. I regularly think about the expierence. April 26 of 2011 changed everything.:grin:

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

OfflineChaotic sheeple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Sanantonio
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: Cactilove]
    #16494692 - 07/07/12 11:32 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Damn bro. I've done a eighth of mushrooms and two tabs of strong cid. It really fucked me up in the head xD

--------------------
Open the mind to the infinite spectrum of perception

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: Chaotic sheeple]
    #16495884 - 07/07/12 04:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It's doubtful. I've smoked my fair share of this stuff throughout the past year and have no lasting effects from it. Infact I find it a fairly gentle drug. You get catapulted really far and fast but there's such an adrenaline rush that most of the time you're not really phased by it. Then you come down so quick you don't know what to make of it. I'd actually consider it the safest psychedelic but that's not scientific. Just what it feels like compared to others when I use them

Offlinewestfalia
Stranger
Re: Will the intensity of a DMT experience fuck with my head long after the trip? [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16499533 - 07/08/12 01:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

We're humans. We think. It is debatable that, even more, we are taught to think.

Our thoughts about the functions and reasons for the existences of thoughts, especially in our modern media world which, in the mainstream, exists to constantly stimulate us to make simple and unnecessary decisions, can easily replace the belief in the existence of instinct, which becomes a concept just as abstract and unbeknownst to the individual (ego-centric or not) as any personally-bizarre theory of science.

When we destroy instinct, we reject sensory experience, and we replace it with thought, leaving us increasingly unwilling to "let go" of thought as if we need it in every moment (as opposed to any moment, as a potential reaction), relying on it to supplement our sensual experience of everything. Thought, which is intermittent and hollow itself alone, becomes so repetitive and intense that we live even soberly in thought loops, if we let ourselves drift so far from time, which is generally perceived to be moving more slowly than our thoughts which may be trained to act just like digital computers. It's no coincidence that digital technology is taking over. It's a control method. Use your brain, don't let your brain use you. The lines can be easily blurred, so be careful what you imagine yourself to be. The stronger the thoughts about one's self, the lesser the consciousness of one's self, it often is. It's more important than ever to free ourselves from the burden of omnipresent decisions and back into nature which, contrary to increasingly popular belief, is not our enemy.

What I'm getting at is that we ARE natural. Our bodies are just as much a part of nature as the roots of a tree. Nature moves, operates, and exists without our thoughtful contribution, and so do our bodies.

"Letting go" is just a jump. I was at the Bolton, VT Potholes the other day, where it's safe to jump 70 feet off a cliff into deep water with no worry as long as you have any common sense telling you not to bellyflop and shatter yourself! Even in seeing plenty of people jump off the cliff and not die, it took me a little while, standing on the edge, to just do it. Nonetheless, I eventually did it, and I survived. Was it my body or my mind keeping me from jumping without fear?

What I'm ULTIMATELY getting at is that you WILL survive a DMT experience the same way I survived the jump into the water. The most danger you'll face is the lust for the fear of that you might die. The fear of death is just a method of evasion that our instinct can benefit from recognizing (don't run straight into a herd of stampeding buffalo; don't try and cuddle with a baby lion while it's feeding from its mother). Our brain, on the other hand, exploits the fear of death in using it to avoid change, which is all death really is in its bare nature. Perhaps for that reason is change such a commonplace discomfort. But without change, there would be no life or death... Accept change or accept emptiness!

If you focus on the fear of death, you're bound to have a wretched trip because your brain is going to focus on a particular evasion while your body focuses on engagement at its fullest, also known as LIFE, like it always does. You'll be tethered to two infinitely distanced states of human awareness and you'll risk being stretched too thin between them. It's a terrifying predicament, and the snap-back to any sort of cooperation between body and mind can a struggle. You can't be ready for a DMT trip any more than you'd be willingly ready to say goodbye to your confidence, not just in yourself, but in anything or anyone.

However, it is also specifically true that change or creation/reinvention happens only when one thing is destroyed to make room for and/or catalyze the new form. I personally observe myself on a dramatic and dynamic adventure of reinvention due to my actions of brutal self-destruction.

Long story short, you can trust your body, so go for it. Make sure the product is clean!

...Thanks for reading...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order