Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Noob grow fails, plz help, pool of substance at base, slow growth [Re: Luce]
    #8173273 - 03/20/08 07:30 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Moisture content is essential. It sounds like your solution was too wet to begin with. The general ratio is 2:1:1(vermiculite:BRF:water) but you wanna make sure that the stuff you're gonna put in the jars is moist without being wet. You wanna be able to squeeze the stuff as hard as you can and only get a drop or two. If you press it down against a paper towel, there shouldn't be any significant wet spots left on the paper. If it's too wet, you're screwed: growth will be slow and prone to stalling and contaminations are more likely. If you have a pool of liquid at the bottom of your jars, I'd start over.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Noob grow fails, plz help, pool of substance at base, slow growth [Re: Luce]
    #8173307 - 03/20/08 07:35 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

The less water you use in your PC, without it drying out completely, is usually better. Also, when you PC'd your jars did you let the PC cool down on its own or did you get impatient and take the weight off before it was completely cool to the touch? If you remove the weight before it is cool enough it will "superboil" and water can easily get in the tops of jars.

All growth will start out as spotty growth and will eventually grow together.

There isn't a set time on how long it will take to pin. I guess three weeks would be an ok estimate. I only did the PF Tek once and that was years ago so I don't know. I would say 2-4 weeks would be average.

Offlineskymovessideways
Stranger
    #8175569 - 03/21/08 11:36 AM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Ok, from all your helpful feedback, it's clear I made the following mistakes:

Leaving some residual water in the verm/BRF mix. Not much, but was stated, you want absolutely all water soaked up.

Allowing the water to come up 1cm on the jars in the PC.

Not putting elastic bands on the jars before PC'ing, to provide a tighter seal for the tin foil.

Letting the steam out as soon as the hour had past, and letting it out in one continuous steam. i can certainly see how steam could get in the jars this way.

Ok, thanks all, I can really see why the growth was slow now, and the solution pooled slightly.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds