Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: I'm having the WORST time trying to germ. cacti seeds [Re: sturmer88]
    #8142143 - 03/13/08 06:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ive seen a couple red seedlings under my flouro lights
i moved them further awayand they seem to be fine now

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: I'm having the WORST time trying to germ. cacti seeds [Re: hightimesreader]
    #8142173 - 03/13/08 06:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe you should try to wait for summer. :hehehe:

FH

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
    #8142325 - 03/13/08 07:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Red didnt kill mine you can set other pots in front of your cacti germination pot/container to block sun. heres a pic of what I do to keep off sun most of the day and give them a little, sometimes alot when i move things around.

heres the best i got for right now i took this pic today, the cactis germinated in the containers with plastic covers. I have two taller pots in front of everything else to block some sun. When they germinated they had almost full afternoon sun. They turned red, the pots for blocking the sun has turned most of them back green.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlineshaftmonkey
Psychonaut

#8147522 - 03/14/08 11:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

the ones i ordered didnt germinate :frown:

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm having the WORST time trying to germ. cacti seeds [Re: sublimistri]
    #8147633 - 03/14/08 11:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sublimistri said:
Red didnt kill mine you can set other pots in front of your cacti germination pot/container to block sun. heres a pic of what I do to keep off sun most of the day and give them a little, sometimes alot when i move things around.

heres the best i got for right now i took this pic today, the cactis germinated in the containers with plastic covers. I have two taller pots in front of everything else to block some sun. When they germinated they had almost full afternoon sun. They turned red, the pots for blocking the sun has turned most of them back green.

That looks like a great Idea. I put a tray of Peruvianus seedlings outside today and tried to put colored saran wrap as a shade cloth and within 15 minutes they started to turn red. Luckily I moved them back inside before to much damage.

If they turn red will they eventually turn back to a normal shade of green? because so far all the seedlings I have that have turned red over the last couple weeks haven't seemed to turn back to their normal color yet.

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm having the WORST time trying to germ. cacti seeds [Re: shaftmonkey]
    #8147649 - 03/14/08 11:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shaftmonkey said:
the ones i ordered didnt germinate :frown:

How long have you given them? It usually takes at least a week for them to germinate. Also depending on what part of the country you are in it might be to cold for them to germinate yet. You might need a heating pad or seedling mat.

I've found that cactus seeds are really easy to germinate as long as you don't cover them with soil and make sure the temps are high eneough and make sure you keep them in high humidity.

Offlinesms_sms
Wanderer
Male

#8154895 - 03/16/08 10:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well first get good seeds, I put some soil in one of them things you put under pots to catch water and scattered them on there and put clingfilm over it.
Then I just left it away from the window (too cold) and made sure it got some light.
BTW I'm in the UK.

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm having the WORST time trying to germ. cacti seeds [Re: sms_sms]
    #8158783 - 03/17/08 09:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I just my first 2 packs of Lophophora Williamsii decipiens today. I hope they are as easy to germ as other cactus. The rest of my loph seeds should be comeing later this week. Does anyone know if they are as easy as Trichocereus to germinate. I know they need a little bit more heat than trichs.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder