Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8155898 - 03/17/08 12:34 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Canada banned firearms and now it's becoming a cesspool of
crime, just look at the last year and the number of shootings by
non-existent guns, your violent crime rates are up, petty crimes
are down bringing down your averages but that's probably because
the small timers are moving to the big league

Canada didn't ban firearms. Also, when overall crime rates are down, and infact the lowest they've been in 25 years, it's hard to make sense of the comment that Canada is becoming a cesspool of crime. Canada's homicide rate also continues to decrease every year, 10% since the previous year's report. US homicide and homicide with a firearm rates greatly surpass Canada's.

Looking at this graph, I think the suggestion that the creation of a gun registry in Canada caused an increase of violent crime is put to rest.

Edited by Disco Cat (03/17/08 12:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! *DELETED* [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #8156008 - 03/17/08 01:45 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: Reason for deleting?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Chemy]
    #8156235 - 03/17/08 06:11 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

end of thread.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Disco Cat]
    #8156305 - 03/17/08 07:02 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

> it's hard to make sense of the comment that Canada is becoming a cesspool of crime.

Watching the changes in Canada's drug laws, it is only a matter of time before she does become a cesspool of crime. Prohibition is the single most efficient method of creating organized crime.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Disco Cat]
    #8156426 - 03/17/08 08:38 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
Canada's homicide rate also continues to decrease every year, 10% since the previous year's report. US homicide and homicide with a firearm rates greatly surpass Canada's.

right, so you can have one if your an olympic competitor or can show a sporting reason for said firearm, they've banned any means of self defense requiring you to rely solely on the police for 'crime prevention'

Quote:

PROHIBITED FIREARMS, DEVICES, AND WEAPONS

Prohibited firearms, devices, and weapons are:
o full-automatic firearms
o sawed-off rifles or shotguns with barrel length less than 457mm (18 inches); this does not apply to firearms manufactured with short barrels
o sawed-off rifles or shotguns with overall length less than 660mm (26 inches); this does not apply to firearms manufactured with short stocks or short barrels
o handguns with a barrel less than 105mm (4.14 inches), except certain specifically listed competition handguns which are restricted
o handguns in caliber .25 or .32, except certain specifically listed competition handguns which are restricted
o silencers
o large capacity magazines for a semi-automatic center-fire firearm. What constitutes "large capacity" varies; as a general rule, the maximum capacity is 5 rounds for long guns, 10 rounds for handguns "commonly found in Canada", and 5 rounds for handguns "not commonly found in Canada." Magazines for rimfire cartridges, the 8-round clips used in the M1 Garand, and 10 round Lee Enfield rifle magazines are exempted by name from this prohibition.
o any of a long list of firearms specifically listed as prohibited. With few exceptions, if it has a remotely military appearance, it is prohibited.
o replicas of firearms
o any type of Taser or other firearm that discharges a dart or other object carrying an electrical current.
o tear gas, Mace or other gas, or any liquid spray, power or other substance that is capable of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating any person
o any type of stun gun or other electrical charge device of length less than 480mm

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
Looking at this graph, I think the suggestion that the creation of a gun registry in Canada caused an increase of violent crime is put to rest.

looking at the graph I'd say someone is just trying to claim canada is a safer place

Quote:

Serious Violent Crimes in Canada in 2006

The number of most serious violent crimes increased in 2006, including attempted murders, aggravated assaults, and assaults with a weapon/causing bodily harm.

The rate of robberies rose six percent, and about one out of every eight robberies involved a firearm.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8156440 - 03/17/08 08:48 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

criminals are criminals, banning handguns will only make it cheaper and easier for a criminal to obtain a pistol.

do drug laws stop you from smoking pot and growing shrooms?

do little black and white signs stop you from doing 80 in a 65?

if we really want to see crime rates go down, every state needs to make it legal for non felons to carry a concealed pistol.

when is the last time you heard of someone getting jumped at knife point at the ATM machine in Dallas Texas?

Thats right you haven't.

saying more guns = more criminals is like saying more pencils = more poets.

I dont have a PhD, I dint even have a single college credit. but at least I have good ole fashioned common sense.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (03/17/08 09:01 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Psychoslut]
    #8156479 - 03/17/08 09:04 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I believe you're right, if we ban pencils, we could rid our selves of emo kids everywhere

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8156494 - 03/17/08 09:09 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

pencils?

dont you mean pearing knives?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #8156877 - 03/17/08 11:13 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

The US has always had a higher crime in the Anglosphere countries. Even before Gun laws at the turn of the century.

LOL@that Canadian chart.... thats like Iceland banning guns then making a chart comparing it to the US and saying SEE IT WORKED!

Why don't you make a chart with Jamaica and the US. they have been completly "gun free" for almost 40 years.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: buckwheat]
    #8157170 - 03/17/08 12:27 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Depending on someone else to protect you is like saying its OK to hit a tree at 120 miles an hour because your Honda civic has state of the art air bags.

I'm sure there are thousands of gangster disciples running around Chicago right now saying oh my fucking god what are we going to do when the new gun laws come into effect.

yeah. :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleJRayV
former guy on couch
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: l Flag
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Psychoslut]
    #8157197 - 03/17/08 12:33 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

I'm sure there are thousands of gangster disciples running around Chicago right now saying oh my fucking god what are we going to do when the new gun laws come into effect.

Exactly.

Guns don't kill people. Idealogy kills people

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #8157310 - 03/17/08 12:57 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> it's hard to make sense of the comment that Canada is becoming a cesspool of crime.

Watching the changes in Canada's drug laws, it is only a matter of time before she does become a cesspool of crime. Prohibition is the single most efficient method of creating organized crime.

You mean proposed changes. We have yet to see whether the Conservatives drug plans will pass, and there's a good chance they won't. Hopefully the Conservatives are also on their way out.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: buckwheat]
    #8157313 - 03/17/08 12:57 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

buckwheat said:
The US has always had a higher crime in the Anglosphere countries. Even before Gun laws at the turn of the century.

LOL@that Canadian chart.... thats like Iceland banning guns then making a chart comparing it to the US and saying SEE IT WORKED!

Why don't you make a chart with Jamaica and the US. they have been completly "gun free" for almost 40 years.

That's a stupid thing to say when the stats are reinforced universally in Canadian and US reports, and even more so when the same post with the graph included US numbers that reinforced the graph.

Look at US homicide rates here:
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#8157345 - 03/17/08 01:06 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Disco Cat said:
Canada's homicide rate also continues to decrease every year, 10% since the previous year's report. US homicide and homicide with a firearm rates greatly surpass Canada's.

right, so you can have one if your an olympic competitor or can show a sporting reason for said firearm, they've banned any means of self defense requiring you to rely solely on the police for 'crime prevention'

"Although firearms laws are all officially controlled by the federal government which should create an identical situation across the country, the role of provincial governments in implementing those laws complicates this matter. Bill C-68 makes it a criminal offense to possess an unregistered firearm or possess a firearm without a licence, but prosecution under the bill is the jurisdiction of provincial crown prosecutors.[citation needed] For reasons of cost or public opinion all provinces except Quebec have refused to prosecute people for these charges effectively nullifying the law for simple possession offenses."

"8 Provinces have refused to prosecute people for violating the Firearms Act(Registration), these are Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, British Columbia, Newfoundland, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Canada

Quote:

PROHIBITED FIREARMS, DEVICES, AND WEAPONS

Prohibited firearms, devices, and weapons are:
o full-automatic firearms
o sawed-off rifles or shotguns with barrel length less than 457mm (18 inches); this does not apply to firearms manufactured with short barrels
o sawed-off rifles or shotguns with overall length less than 660mm (26 inches); this does not apply to firearms manufactured with short stocks or short barrels
o handguns with a barrel less than 105mm (4.14 inches), except certain specifically listed competition handguns which are restricted
o handguns in caliber .25 or .32, except certain specifically listed competition handguns which are restricted
o silencers
o large capacity magazines for a semi-automatic center-fire firearm. What constitutes "large capacity" varies; as a general rule, the maximum capacity is 5 rounds for long guns, 10 rounds for handguns "commonly found in Canada", and 5 rounds for handguns "not commonly found in Canada." Magazines for rimfire cartridges, the 8-round clips used in the M1 Garand, and 10 round Lee Enfield rifle magazines are exempted by name from this prohibition.
o any of a long list of firearms specifically listed as prohibited. With few exceptions, if it has a remotely military appearance, it is prohibited.
o replicas of firearms
o any type of Taser or other firearm that discharges a dart or other object carrying an electrical current.
o tear gas, Mace or other gas, or any liquid spray, power or other substance that is capable of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating any person
o any type of stun gun or other electrical charge device of length less than 480mm

That list is pretty similar to US' prohibited guns list, which is a world apart from banning firearms. In Canada there is also a possible license for prohibited firearms.

Quote:

Quote:

Disco Cat said:

looking at the graph I'd say someone is just trying to claim canada is a safer place

Then you misunderstand. Take another look.
The graph shows Canada's violent crime rate to be higher than in the US, but shows that Canada's growth and peak of violent crime occured before gun registry was in place.

Quote:

Serious Violent Crimes in Canada in 2006

The number of most serious violent crimes increased in 2006, including attempted murders, aggravated assaults, and assaults with a weapon/causing bodily harm.
The rate of robberies rose six percent, and about one out of every eight robberies involved a firearm.

However, in the US 1 in every 3 robbieries involve a firearm. And as stated, homicides and overall crime are down in Canada.

If you're trying to argue that Canada is not safer than the US, which is something I wasn't even thinking about, then you're very wrong. But I really don't care, and that wasn't my point at all.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #8157372 - 03/17/08 01:13 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

However, in the US 1 in every 3 robberies involve a firearm.

what are you trying to say sir? that armed robbers shouldn't have the right to protect themselves from the gas station clerk who might have a pistol?

that would be fucked up for the defenseless robber to get shot. :lol:

am i pretty good at sounding like a democrat or what?

you can call me AL gore from here on out.

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! *DELETED* [Re: Disco Cat]
    #8157376 - 03/17/08 01:14 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: Reason for deleting?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#8157408 - 03/17/08 01:21 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I was talking about for Canada.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #8157428 - 03/17/08 01:25 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
Quote:

Disco Cat said:
Quote:

Seuss said:

You mean proposed changes. We have yet to see whether the Conservatives drug plans will pass, and there's a good chance they won't. Hopefully the Conservatives are also on their way out.

Well if thats the case, gun rights are in serious jeopardy IMO.

A house full of democrats, and a democrat president will mean gun control bills being drafted and passed, and serious increases in funding for drug enforcement and criminal justice budgets which will mean lengthy prison terms for drugs.
IMO.

thats OK i guess. anyone that forcefully trys to take my guns will have to shoot me or be shot.

and thats when 5 million pissed off Americans load there 4x4s with guns and ammunition and head to the white house.

that would be funner than a day in a basstracker with a case of beer.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #8157438 - 03/17/08 01:29 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Thats what gets me when people claim the government is coming for their guns.

In all honesty, most people would give theirs up.

But do you know how many guns there are here!? And how many people would love a reason to shoot it out w/ the government?

It would be completely ineffectual.

In that way, the second amendment is self-protecting.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Guns Rights for the Individual, Gets Day in Supreme Court...!!! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8157448 - 03/17/08 01:31 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

the ones who will give up there guns are the ones who deserve no freedom or liberty. i will pile them up and use them to stop bullets.

i think i like you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag