Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: pscyanescens]
    #8138610 - 03/12/08 07:52 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Smoking with a bong or something that cools the smoke is probably a lot healthier too. The heat from the smoke has gotta make it more unhealthy for your lungs.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: NlightNd1]
    #8138684 - 03/12/08 08:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think the smoke is any hotter than the air that you would inhale during a hot shower, or in a sauna.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #8138734 - 03/12/08 08:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

That's probably true. Does a bong hurt your lungs less because the smoke is filtered?

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: pscyanescens]
    #8139213 - 03/12/08 09:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
This is very debateable but,

I think we would all be better off smoking hash oil and stop smoking weed.

Smoking what we want to get high, and disgaurding lots of other plant fibers, and such, means it should be cleaner, and better for our lungs.

A big reason why cigarretes are worse then marijuana is due to the amount that is being smoked everyday. Empty out a pack of cigarrets and weigh the tobacco. Compare to the average weed smokers weight in herb. The cigarretes tobacco (in most cases) would be comparably larger by weight.

It is the amount of smoke you put through your lungs that would increase the cause of lung cancer. The amount of carcinogens are to be recognized as well.

If this is true then a higher quality weed would be much better for you then smoking brown weed or leaf.

Don't get me wrong i like weed for many reasons other then just getting high. There is tastes and aromas that can't compare to that of an extract. However i am speaking in terms of health.

Alot of this is my own theory, so i am open to debate on this matter.

A radioactive isotope called plutonium 210 naturally occurs in tobacco. This is what causes cancer, not the "carcinogen, tar, or amount of smoke". Marijuana does not contain this chemical and every other "carcinogen" in marijuana is benign unless take in massive quantities. Not not like smoking a pound in a year. You have to smoke insanely large amounts and if a pound is benign i hope that puts things in perspective.

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: NlightNd1]
    #8139296 - 03/12/08 09:35 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
That's probably true. Does a bong hurt your lungs less because the smoke is filtered?

Water cools the smoke.

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: wireless]
    #8146911 - 03/14/08 05:51 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wireless said:
Quote:

pscyanescens said:
This is very debateable but,

I think we would all be better off smoking hash oil and stop smoking weed.

Smoking what we want to get high, and disgaurding lots of other plant fibers, and such, means it should be cleaner, and better for our lungs.

A big reason why cigarretes are worse then marijuana is due to the amount that is being smoked everyday. Empty out a pack of cigarrets and weigh the tobacco. Compare to the average weed smokers weight in herb. The cigarretes tobacco (in most cases) would be comparably larger by weight.

It is the amount of smoke you put through your lungs that would increase the cause of lung cancer. The amount of carcinogens are to be recognized as well.

If this is true then a higher quality weed would be much better for you then smoking brown weed or leaf.

Don't get me wrong i like weed for many reasons other then just getting high. There is tastes and aromas that can't compare to that of an extract. However i am speaking in terms of health.

Alot of this is my own theory, so i am open to debate on this matter.

A radioactive isotope called plutonium 210 naturally occurs in tobacco. This is what causes cancer, not the "carcinogen, tar, or amount of smoke". Marijuana does not contain this chemical and every other "carcinogen" in marijuana is benign unless take in massive quantities. Not not like smoking a pound in a year. You have to smoke insanely large amounts and if a pound is benign i hope that puts things in perspective.

I don't believe it's found naturally in tobacco, I believe it's found in the ferts we in the U.S. use. I've read a study before that reported lower rates of cancer in countries that do not use the fertilizer. Also it's polonium 210 not plutonium lol.

Also the ratio of particulate matter to thc is lower from a bong then from a joint. So really it's not all that healthier when you have to smoke more to achieve the same effects. Also bongs are a more active way of smoking then passive inhalation via a joint.

Edited by THEBats (03/14/08 05:54 PM)

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: wireless]
    #8146956 - 03/14/08 06:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wireless said:

actually its polonium, and its not naturally in the plants, its in the fertilizer that they dust the tobacco crops with, then the tobacco plant takes it up and concentraes it in the trichomes, as it is bound to the phosphate
polonium 210 sticks in your lungs for at least ten years even after you quit smoking tobacco, and its radioactive, so your lungs are constantly being exposed to radiation, and that has a chance of mutating cells and acusing them to turn cancerous

heres my source
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_health2.shtml

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8147012 - 03/14/08 06:31 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

being a cigarette smoker, there is a huge difference in a prefab. cig and the one that i roll. i can smoke way less hand rolled smokes in a day for 1, and even the next day i don't feel as shitty if i smoked hand rolled smokes. its all the other stuff in cigs (like rat poison) that make it super bad for you.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: smokeybear]
    #8147019 - 03/14/08 06:33 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

the best tobacco is tobacco that you grow yourself

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: We would all live longer smoking just hash oil....... no more weed [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8147089 - 03/14/08 06:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The best tobacco is actually Marijuana

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale