Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: British Say- Not On Our Troops [Re: kneegrow]
    #814437 - 08/13/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekneegrow
Loc: so. cal
Re: British Say- Not On Our Troops [Re: Phluck]
    #814442 - 08/13/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>>>What, you think the US should be exempt from paying UN dues?
yeah, we pay for everything else. why else do we refuse to pay while no one makes a huge stink about it?

>>>You "provide a lot of funding", perhaps
significantly more than ANYONE else. as an added bonus i'll mention our taxes are at least half as much as any other country.

>>>Convention on the Rights of the Child
soundbite, i'd have to read it through and see what the gov't said. there is a reason for everything.

>>>The US wasn't the only country that liberated France in WW2
i know, i mentioned canada if you read the whole thing. they're the arrogant bastards. at least the US has something to back its viewed arrogance. if certain european countries were more "arrogant" WWII probably wouldn't have got as bad.

>>>>You assholes didn't even bother to get involved until the Japanese attacked you.
yer damned if you do and damned if you don't. we tried not to be "arrogant" and go around attacking other countries. we've learned since. isn't saddam just like hitler without a good military backing?

>>>Nobody owes you shit for Vietnam
someone asked who we helped out militarily. i answered. and the vietnamese were going to give up in a couple weeks if we kept carpet bombing them. they got lucky!!!! they didn't fair so well either!

--------------------
stayin spaced out like Dr. Octagon

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #814445 - 08/13/02 06:46 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Not on purpose so much as out of idiocy

..I mean for fucks sakes...we were the ONLY guys in green over there because our stupid government couldn't issue desert camo in time. So yeah, the Canadians stand out like fuckin green thumbs, and we STILL get killed by friendly fire....good old U.S. motto...READY, FIRE, AIM...in that order.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#814456 - 08/13/02 06:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

isn't saddam just like hitler without a good military backing?

How is Saddam like Hitler?..Please explain....

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #814500 - 08/13/02 07:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well, Canada isn't the only one.

"they're the arrogant bastards. at least the US has something to back its viewed arrogance."

Canada was the only country involved in d-day that managed to reach every goal they had set.

I'm not saying you're arrogant for attacking people. I'm saying you're arrogant for claiming you single handedly won WW2.

The US is not a special country. It doesn't deserve special treatment, and it doesn't deserve extra power.

"i'll mention our taxes are at least half as much as any other country."

Yeah, that's why half of the americans that file for bankruptcy do so due to medical expenses. It's also why all your public schools are letting illiterate kids graduate.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

#814513 - 08/13/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

NUKE TEH BRITS!

Invisiblekneegrow
Re: British Say- Not On Our Troops [Re: Rono]
    #814515 - 08/13/02 07:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

israeli oil? ha

>>>How is Saddam like Hitler?..
ummm...hes tried to take over other countries, but failed. and he still has ambition to. the guys preoccupied with building weapons instead of feeding his people. at least hitler did things for germany like the autobaun
also he gases his own countrymen in masses.

given the chance this guy would do worse than hitler.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#814529 - 08/13/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

israeli oil? ha

..I never said that Isreal had the oil..but if you'll take the time to look at their oil rich neighbouring countries, you may get the idea of what's going on...

In reply to:

hes tried to take over other countries, but failed. and he still has ambition to. the guys preoccupied with building weapons instead of feeding his people

...sounds more like a typical American president than Saddam.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (08/13/02 07:34 AM)

Anonymous

#814533 - 08/13/02 07:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

American presidents succeed in taking over other countries.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: British Say- Not On Our Troops [Re: Anonymous]
    #814548 - 08/13/02 07:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

American presidents succeed in taking over other countries.

Name one...

--------------------

Edited by Rono (08/13/02 07:37 AM)

Invisiblekneegrow
    #814566 - 08/13/02 07:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>>>I'm saying you're arrogant for claiming you single handedly won WW2.
never said they. in fact i mentioned canada. but without either nation thing may have been different.

>>>Yeah, that's why half of the americans that file for bankruptcy do so due to medical expenses.
most people don't go bankrupt and i'd rather control my money rather than the gov't. its part of the freedom. besides...those people are idiots who don't plan well. if your job doesn't have a benefits plan yer getting either ripped off or being payed extra to compensate you to get your own plan.

>>>>The US is not a special country
maybe not special, but different. the world wil NEVER EVER be without a superpower. when (yes when...it's bound to happen eventually) america crashes there will be someone else to take over. you just better hope it's not china. i'll admit it's quite selfish, but it provides security and stability. it's part of the "new world order". if i was canadian i'd want canada to have the bullying power the US has. it's not about fairness....it's all about survival. humans are animals and we'll protect our territory and interests to the deth.
thats jus the way it is.

>>>It's also why all your public schools are letting illiterate kids graduate
i don't think it's an epidemic, that's pretty old stuff....like 20 yrs ago. i know it still happens but its quite rare. besides...that's the parents/kids fault. schools can only do so much. i bet that illiterate kid had fellow students who did well.

--------------------

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Rono]
    #814670 - 08/13/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleKarmaPolice
Puppy Detective
Re: British Say- Not On Our Troops [Re: vatoloco]
    #814867 - 08/13/02 10:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

(Vataloco this isn't directed towards you. I just needed a reply button.)

So how about you all pull your dicks back in your pants and realize you're no different from each other. The US is, right now, the most successful country in the world. That doesn't mean they're the best. This friendly fire thing is ridiculous. They have, by far, the best military in the world. All countries want the same thing. But since the US is successful, they are portrayed as more evil than other countries (country=government). SOME Americans have a very false view of themselves as superior. But it's no worse than the extreme anti-american view from some of the citizens (obviously not governments) of her allies. Neither one has any good reason to support their view, other than selfishness. Bankruptcy due to medical expenses? That's not even close to a lot of people. In the time I've spent living in the US I've never met anyone who declared bankruptcy, let alone due to medical expenses. The US school system is bad? Then why is the country so damn successful, and why do tons of foreign students go there to study?

When the US waits to help a country, as in WWII, they're are deemed "selfish" by the country in trouble. But when a different ally is in trouble (Kuwait), and the US acts, they are portrayed as power-hungry. So no matter which they choose, they will be scorned. That's just the way it goes.

It's not black and white. One country isn't good and the rest evil. But making up shit to make someone else look bad is just as pathetic as pretending you're superior.

Edited by KarmaPolice (08/13/02 10:25 AM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: British Say- Not On Our Troops [Re: KarmaPolice]
    #814905 - 08/13/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

The US is, right now, the most successful country in the world.

If you measure success through military might, then yes, I would agree with you.
In reply to:

They have, by far, the best military in the world

Best equipped?...yes...best trained?...not by a long shot.
In reply to:

But since the US is successful, they are portrayed as more evil than other countries

Most other countries don't declare false wars on "terrorism" to disguise the fact it's a play for oil.
In reply to:

SOME Americans have a very false view of themselves as superior. But it's no worse than the extreme anti-american view from some of the citizens (obviously not governments) of her allies.

Fair enough...
In reply to:

Bankruptcy due to medical expenses? That's not even close to a lot of people. In the time I've spent living in the US I've never met anyone who declared bankruptcy, let alone due to medical expenses

Actually medical expenses is the number 1 cause of bankruptcy in the U.S.
In reply to:

The US school system is bad? Then why is the country so damn successful, and why do tons of foreign students go there to study?

Because they go to study in the Universities..not the High Schools where the illiteracy is taking place.

--------------------

Invisiblekneegrow
    #814991 - 08/13/02 11:32 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>>>If you measure success through military might, then yes, I would agree with you.

and money.

>>>best trained?...not by a long shot
thats too hard to declare either way. you'd only have an educated guess if you were in the know.

>>Most other countries don't declare false wars on "terrorism" to disguise the fact it's a play for oil.

i don't think the afghans think it's false....nor does that abu guy in the philipeans. actually...hes dead now! i forgot to mention them earlier in country's we've helped. i'd also call that a success.

>>>Actually medical expenses is the number 1 cause of bankruptcy in the U.S.
those are old people who have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so. all real jobs pay for your health care. bankruptcy is pretty rare. especially now that it's been curbed big time with so many people abusing it. yes...i've known many people who would purposely buy everything they could then declare bankruptcy.

it's better than the gov't takin 70% of all the money you make and then providing terrible health care. up to 2 months to see the doctor? i can spend $20 and see a doctor within a few hours! you make more money the american way.

>>>Because they go to study in the Universities..not the High Schools where the illiteracy is taking place

thats propaganda our politicians use to get elected. actually....that whole reading thing is about 20 yrs old and it only applied to 9 and 10 yr old kids who have psych problems. if 1 out of 10,000 kids can't read does that indicate its the school's fault? obiously not since 9,999 other kids did ok!

...and i thought southerners were stereotypical.....

that was a good like!

anyways...don't whine...it's the survival of the fittest.... it's the only way.

--------------------

Invisiblekneegrow
    #814998 - 08/13/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i forgot to mention canadians have alot of french culture.....

...im sure it helps others understand...

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#815021 - 08/13/02 11:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

>>>best trained?...not by a long shot
thats too hard to declare either way. you'd only have an educated guess if you were in the know.

I do know, I have participated in war games against the U.S....they lost...often...even with better equipment. But Isreal probably has the best trained Military in the world overall.
In reply to:

i don't think the afghans think it's false....nor does that abu guy in the philipeans. actually...hes dead now! i forgot to mention them earlier in country's we've helped. i'd also call that a success.

Do you really think most Afghans even have a clue as to why they are getting bombed at wedding parties?..that's probably help they can do without.
In reply to:

>>>Actually medical expenses is the number 1 cause of bankruptcy in the U.S.
those are old people who have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so. all real jobs pay for your health care. bankruptcy is pretty rare. especially now that it's been curbed big time with so many people abusing it. yes...i've known many people who would purposely buy everything they could then declare bankruptcy.

Nothing personal, but that was the biggest load of crap I've read here...
In reply to:

thats propaganda our politicians use to get elected. actually....that whole reading thing is about 20 yrs old and it only applied to 9 and 10 yr old kids who have psych problems. if 1 out of 10,000 kids can't read does that indicate its the school's fault? obiously not since 9,999 other kids did ok!

Did you know that 999 out of every 1000 people make up statistics off the top of their head with no supporting evidence?

--------------------

Invisiblekneegrow
    #815048 - 08/13/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>>>Did you know that 999 out of every 1000 people make up statistics off the top of their head with no supporting evidence?

just like you huh? comeon all yer rants are propaganda or blown out of proportion. you live in canada how would you know how widespread any of those social ills are? reading the news gives you quite a skewed view of whatever it may be.

but you can't play down them high taxes.

....at least i have freedom.... in todays world money=freedom and choice

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#815079 - 08/13/02 12:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

comeon all yer rants are propaganda or blown out of proportion.

I'm sorry, which one of my "rants" was propaganda or inaccurate?
In reply to:

at least i have freedom

Not as much as you would like to believe.

--------------------

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #815972 - 08/13/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Um. Try checking some news sources from outside the US.

eh? that reply wasn't aimed at me right?
if so, what are you on aboot?

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order