Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePuffinSmoke
All but one of my shrooms abort on the cake.
    #814517 - 08/13/02 07:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My pet turtle recently spawned 4 cakes to try and get some shrooms for himself.The cakes were dunked and then waited for pinning. The cake sprouted about 24 pins which ranged from a half an inch to about 1 inch. Only one of the shrooms on the cake continued to grow after that . The others just stalled and i am assuming were aborts. He waited for the one shroom's viel to break and then picked all the shrooms. This is the second time this has happened. The cakes seem to produce several pins but only one of them actually finishes. What is wrong???

--------------------
"But in the long run these, drugs are probobly gonna catch up sooner or later, but fuck it i'm on one"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineinfluxx
Stranger
Re: All but one of my shrooms abort on the cake. [Re: PuffinSmoke]
    #814698 - 08/13/02 09:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If temperature and humidity levels are fine maybe it is the dunking that is causing the problem. Were these cakes dunked after producing, or before any mushroom growth? I never dunk my cakes and under good conditions always get a couple oz's from 12 jars easy.

OfflinePuffinSmoke
Re: All but one of my shrooms abort on the cake. [Re: influxx]
    #814920 - 08/13/02 10:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The tempeture is around 85 degrees and the humidity varies from 90 to 99. I don't think its the dunking because 2 of my cakes didn't produce anything until i dunked them.

--------------------
"But in the long run these, drugs are probobly gonna catch up sooner or later, but fuck it i'm on one"

OfflinePoolShark
Mushroom Farmer

#815010 - 08/13/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Only thing I can think of then is that they are either contaminated, the substrate that you used does not have enough nutrients to support the mushrooms for whatever reason, or that the cake used up all the nutrients while colonizing. Also it may be the strain, what strain do you happen to be growing. Some strains tend to produce more aborts.

--------------------
PoolShark

Remember, Every thing I say or write is not based on facts or reality

Offlinegonnadoit
man with a plan
    #815076 - 08/13/02 12:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This happend to my cat too. I think I know what the problem is, and I've never heard anyone say it. When you make you cakes you are not using enough water. Try using more than 1/4 of a cup try using half way between a fourth and a half of cup, because the shrooms need water from inside the cake, and outside humidity as well. When you dunked the cakes you added a little more water to them thats why you got something. Alot of cats don't dunk and still get good flushes, if you don't get enough water into the cakes at the begining then they will dry out, and produce aborts. Try it, see what happens and get back to me.

OfflinePuffinSmoke
Re: All but one of my shrooms abort on the cake. [Re: gonnadoit]
    #815102 - 08/13/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thx for all the help guys. I am using treasure coast. And also i think the reason that 2 of the cakes didn't produce until i dunked is because i took them out of the jars too early. I think they finished colonizing but ran out of water. So once i dunked them they produced a flush. I used Pf tek method. I think i am gonna try and spawn a coiuple new jars and mabye test my luck on casings.

--------------------

OfflineBoB
    #815141 - 08/13/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

to save those old cakes that you don't think have enough nutriets
take some straw .... boil it in some water for ten minutes ... now drain the strawwater in a half pint
use a filter it make it easier down the road .... double foil the top and pressure cook for 45 at 15 psi
now get a clean syringe and load it up with the straw juice and inject your cakes with it ... once a day

--------------------
"Son , You keep doing that you're go blind "
"Dad, I'm over here"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate