Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

my discontent with the shroomery
    #8143526 - 03/13/08 09:01 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

After being here over a year here is what I have come to see:
There seem to be clicks within the community that seem to feel they own this forum and ignore other posters ideas or comments
there are elitists just like everywhere else in the world
Its just generally not as an open/caring/kind community one would think it would be

what? to be respected you have to have a post count up 5,000+ or something

Yes I know what you are thinking: well if you dont like it then leave.
well by posting has drastically decreased throughout time and I really only frequent out of boredom

thats just my rant and honest feelings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8143535 - 03/13/08 09:01 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

As above, so below. Or something like that. Everywhere is the same.

Anonymous #1

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #8143555 - 03/13/08 09:05 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

indeed
however, I feel that some people here who use psychedelics have become such elitists thinking everyone else just a slave to the system or that others are below their awareness
or some other bullshit
I would think that if anything, psychedelics would not induce this
I guess its just a combo of personalities and the internet

Anonymous #3

#8143579 - 03/13/08 09:10 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

I'm new here; but I think this is one of the best forums around.

Anonymous #4

#8143672 - 03/13/08 09:27 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
There seem to be clicks within the community that seem to feel they own this forum and ignore other posters ideas or comments
Its just generally not as an open/caring/kind community one would think it would be

well by posting has drastically decreased throughout time and I really only frequent out of boredom

QFT

word for word

Anonymous #5

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #8143692 - 03/13/08 09:31 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

I love this site. I see what you mean though for sure...
I don't feel like I receive much respect. Oh well. This forum site is still the best around. Can't complain.

Anonymous #1

#8143731 - 03/13/08 09:38 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

wow I thought I was going to be flamed for this
suprising

Anonymous #6

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #8143861 - 03/13/08 10:01 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
As above, so below. Or something like that. Everywhere is the same.

Exactly.

Don't ever think any place will be different, because it's not, it only seems to be.

Anonymous #3

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #8143947 - 03/13/08 10:18 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

One thing I am discontent with is the sponsors. Dealing with some of them is like dealing with Mexican immigrants. It sometimes takes weeks to get a question answered; it's not uncommon to have a shipment go out a month later... as an online seller myself, I have questions answered and orders shipped almost always in 24 hours...

Sorry, I just find it pathetic.

Anonymous #7

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8144100 - 03/13/08 10:46 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

:crymeariver:

Anonymous #8

#8144194 - 03/13/08 11:16 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:

QFT

word for word

Agreed. This is the only forum I ever read or post in anymore, because it's the only place where ego is out of the picture.

Anonymous #9

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #8144426 - 03/14/08 12:30 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

i haven't really seen this, less so than other forums, that's for sure.

Anonymous #10

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #8144430 - 03/14/08 12:32 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:

QFT

word for word

Agreed. This is the only forum I ever read or post in anymore, because it's the only place where ego is out of the picture.

I agree too. It's pretty cliquey in all the other forums, which is why I like the anonymity of this forum.

Anonymous #11

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #8144500 - 03/14/08 12:59 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

You still don't understand that some people are in a different state of mind then you... I don't think you understand how wrapped up people can be in their own head and their own form of logic.I frankly don't care at all wether people are different or not I don't judge but when I see someone disrespecting sadi system then I feel I deserve the right to renounce ones way of understanding, expression or cognitive comprehension because I feel I shouldn't be judged. But one's ego still repulses the idea of being told to back off in fear response or reflection and insecurity... If I insult you then too bad... you probably insulted me as well, so we can have a commentary about it, if it happens.

Anonymous #12

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #8144503 - 03/14/08 01:00 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
i haven't really seen this, less so than other forums, that's for sure.

QFT

Anonymous #11

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #8144516 - 03/14/08 01:07 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

and plus, some members also want to at LEAST respect the certain forums purpose and sometimes come to some understanding that this MESSAGE BOARD FOR PSYCHEDELIC DISCUSSION should be used for something USEFUL.

Instead of preferences or equivalences.

Anonymous #13

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #8144535 - 03/14/08 01:15 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

haha, yea, I know what you mean. It doesn't bother me in the least though because it is the internet after all.

I used to be a longtime poster on here for years and recently got my name changed due to some personal reasons, but I now get treated like the new kid on the block even though that couldn't be further from the truth.

Anonymous #14

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #8144546 - 03/14/08 01:21 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Sometimes I find myself thinking along the same lines, but more often than not I decide that I only resent certain people because they're so God damn witty/intelligent/funny/etc and I'm a dull person for the most part. Then I come to the conclusion that it's the friggin' internet and allowing something so trivial to affect you in a negative way is weak/stupid.

... I don't like posting in here. I feel like I'm hiding, who the hell hides on the internet? :lol:

Anonymous #11

Re: my discontent with the shroomery [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #8144585 - 03/14/08 01:37 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

I try to keep some continuity with my posting here so I can maybe be recognized as allisthesame BS ...

Anonymous #15

#8144706 - 03/14/08 02:29 AM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:

Are you sure you're old enough to browse this forum? Because you really need a mental age over 18 as well as a physical age to get the most out of it.

To be well respected you don't need a post count of over 9000 (I have less than 1000 and I have some of the best ratings on the Shroomery), you do need to have posts that contribute to the discussion and that respect the tone of the thread and the posters in it. Quality not quantity. It's called good manners and it's what kept most of us from bashing eachothers heads in for the last 5000 years.
This isn't elitism (please look up that word in a dictionary) it is however holding everyone to high standards. Respect is not a god given right, it is something you earn by your actions.

Please also note that criticism can sting, but to develop a tough skin for that and learning not to go crying to mommy anytime someone speaks a couple of harsh words is all a part of growing up.

Finally look first at yourself when there is a problem only then to others. This is a humbling experience, it even fucking hurts at times, but it will make you a better person.

PS it's spelled clique. Good spelling is the first step to having others respect you more. (Sorry, that did make me sound like an asshole. But that's kind of the point of this piece. educate yourself, don't go crying ELITSM anytime something goes over your head.)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck