Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

the world needs a war
    #8136956 - 03/12/08 01:20 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

These days the condition of the planet is getting worse at a frightening rate. Not just the environment but also political situations in the world has been suffering in recent years.
That is why I think the world needs a wake up call. Something to shock it into action. And lately I have been thinking, however much I dislike it, what the world needs is another world war. There needs to be death and destruction for mankind to realize that the route it is following now leads nowhere. And consequently for what remains after this war to rebuild the world for the better.
I wish people would realize they need to change on their own but I don't see this happening. That is why things will have to get out of hand first before anyone will realize the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: the world needs a war [Re: Kamek]
    #8136972 - 03/12/08 01:23 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Have you forgotten about the war in iraq?
Countless innocent iraqis are dying everyday..

there's plenty of death and dispair in the world
and the earth simply has no more resources left for war

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8136994 - 03/12/08 01:31 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

'The world' has no needs.

--------------------

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: the world needs a war [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8137026 - 03/12/08 01:42 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

um...

we need death and destruction to realize the death and destruction already present? i don't follow.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #8137033 - 03/12/08 01:44 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

If war led to global enlightenment then we would all be in a much better place by now.

Really this is the most poorly thought out opinion I have encountered in a long time.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8137051 - 03/12/08 01:46 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Kamek said:
These days the condition of the planet is getting worse at a frightening rate. Not just the environment but also political situations in the world has been suffering in recent years.
That is why I think the world needs a wake up call. Something to shock it into action. And lately I have been thinking, however much I dislike it, what the world needs is another world war. There needs to be death and destruction for mankind to realize that the route it is following now leads nowhere. And consequently for what remains after this war to rebuild the world for the better.
I wish people would realize they need to change on their own but I don't see this happening. That is why things will have to get out of hand first before anyone will realize the truth.

Humans (as a whole) don't learn anything.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: the world needs a war [Re: Moonshoe]
    #8137062 - 03/12/08 01:49 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Really this is the most poorly thought out opinion I have encountered in a long time.

If by 'long time' you mean about 10 minutes. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: the world needs a war [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8137126 - 03/12/08 02:04 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

I am not saying we need death and destruction to realize death and destruction is already present. Death and destruction is only present in far away places that hardly concern most people. Most people don't even realize how much war there already is in the world. People will only realize how bad war is once they have experienced it themselves.
So i figured that things will continue to get worse until we have an all out world war.
Maybe to say that this is what the world needs is a bit too strong but I am beginning to think it is inevitable.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#8137132 - 03/12/08 02:07 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

"Death and destruction is only present in far away places that hardly concern most people. Most people don't even realize how much war there already is in the world."

Are you saying that the millions involved in those wars are not people? Or that the people dying in Darfur and Iraq are not concerned about it?

Really what you are saying here is nonsense. You seem to be forgetting that humanity applies to more than your national or racial compatriots.

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (03/12/08 02:08 PM)

OfflineSage.Phish
Guerrilla Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: City 17
    #8137149 - 03/12/08 02:12 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

So you mean war hitting home in the middle of a Western City?

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

#8137158 - 03/12/08 02:14 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

I see your point.
But the people that might be able to do something about it are not the millions who are suffering in Darfur and Iraq. They are Americans, Europeans etc...

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: the world needs a war [Re: Sage.Phish]
    #8137160 - 03/12/08 02:14 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Sage.Phish said:

Yes, something like that.

OfflineTylerDurden22
shroomhorn
Male

Loc: out of captivity
    #8137176 - 03/12/08 02:21 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

I think what Kamek is trying to say is that most of us in the west don't have to deal with he real brutalities of war. We don't have bombs going off and gunfire in the streets (well, you may in the inner city). Congressmen don't consider war carefully because they, or their children, aren't the ones that would have to fight it. If the harsh uglyness of war was right on our doorstep in our faces, people might take it more seriously and realize what a horrible thing war is. Unfortunately, I think we may be on a slow path to some kind of world war. More and more people fill the Earth everyday, and more and more resources are being depleted. For example, China built the 3 gorges dam, which has lowered the level of the Mekong river for the countries downstream, which is hurting fish populations. CO2 is also causing global warming, and every mammal is exhaling it. A massive war would take care of a lot of CO2 emissions.

I hate to lay stuff out there like that because I hate war as much as any rational person, but it's hard to ignore signs like that. I hope I never live to see the day.

Tyler Durden

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8137178 - 03/12/08 02:21 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Kamek said:
Quote:

Sage.Phish said:

Yes, something like that.

De-escalating war efforts overseas may be a more productive and less destructive goal, though it's much more complicated than people realizing how terrible war is and calling it quits... it's politics.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #8137184 - 03/12/08 02:22 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Kamek said:
I am not saying we need death and destruction to realize death and destruction is already present. Death and destruction is only present in far away places that hardly concern most people. Most people don't even realize how much war there already is in the world. People will only realize how bad war is once they have experienced it themselves.
So i figured that things will continue to get worse until we have an all out world war.
Maybe to say that this is what the world needs is a bit too strong but I am beginning to think it is inevitable.

alright, i don't want to be an asshole and come out and say your dumb as shit..... but you're dumb as shit...

you think that once people EXPERIENCE war, it's going to show them what's happening? that's like saying, once people get addicted to heroin, they're going to understand how fucked up it is, despite that their addicted to heroin and now there's just more of the problem.

somehow i don't think hundreds of people getting mowed down by bombs and bullets and being part of slow eventual torture and death mentality shared by hundreds of people is going to solve anything. that shit is no wake up call, there's nothing about that that's going to make you feel 'awakened'

look, you should just move to your nearest real bad neighborhood and try the lifestyle out for a bit, tell me if you feel 'woken up'

go join a boxing ring, live like that, see what you think after you start thinking like everyone else like that.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#8137215 - 03/12/08 02:29 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

"the people that might be able to do something about it are not the millions who are suffering in Darfur and Iraq. They are Americans, Europeans etc... "

First, you should be careful not to completely buy into the nationalist propaganda that says that only white, western saviors can rescue this world.

More importantly, saying that Americans and Europeans are in a position to help those in war is a logical position.

Saying that a new world war will help anything is not.

If you are concerned that we in the west are too alienated from the suffering of the rest of the world, the solutions lie in better education, less biased media, and most importantly an active effort on behalf of westerners to broaden their horizons.

Ive already spent too much time dissecting evident nonsense, but imagine it this way:

today 100 people in Darfur had their hands chopped off. You seem to be saying it would be helpfull to those people and others if I today came into your house and chopped your hands off.

If you can show me how this is logical, maybe you have the beginning of a point.

I would say that you are simply going to be less able to help the people in Darfur now that you have lost your own hands.

The answer to ignorance is learning, not war.

--------------------

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

#8137283 - 03/12/08 02:49 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Thanks Tyler, you said it a lot better than I did.

I am not buying in to any propaganda. Realistically at this moment in time the ones that are in a position to change things in the world are Europe and the US. Perhaps China and Russia could be an influence but they don't seem to be very concerned about these things.

I am not talking about chopping hands off. And I am not talking so much about Darfur. Although the things that are happening in Darfur are terrible the main issue is the middle east. Darfur is a national conflict while Iraq and Afghanistan are international conflicts.

Just imagine what would happen if 99% of the worlds population was wiped out. Suddenly the world would become a much more peaceful place. Enough space for everyone and much less conflict.
I think the planet would thrive if this would happen.

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
    #8137289 - 03/12/08 02:50 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Kamek said:

problem is, you're in the netherlands
which is, unfortunately for you, a very very small part of the world

--------------------

OfflineTylerDurden22
shroomhorn
Male

Loc: out of captivity
    #8137314 - 03/12/08 02:55 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Kamek said:

Just imagine what would happen if 99% of the worlds population was wiped out. Suddenly the world would become a much more peaceful place. Enough space for everyone and much less conflict.
I think the planet would thrive if this would happen.

Not necessarily. Hopefully the planet would thrive, but there is always a chance of some kind of crazy warlord taking things over. Although it would be tough for a warlord have control of all of Earth when only %1 of the population is left. That would be pretty far reaching.

Tyler Durden

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: the world needs a war [Re: anarchOi]
    #8137328 - 03/12/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

The Netherlands may be small. But The Netherlands is a part of Europe and I can go all over Europe without a visa or any borderchecks. So I am more and more considering myself to be a European.

Anyway I don't really see what your point is...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]