Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelaughingbuddha
That's freakinAWESOME!

Loc: the Moment
Which is TC and which is EQ?
    #8133801 - 03/11/08 08:22 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I have a challenge for you myco experts out there. i was in a rush when i noc'd these guys and am therefore not sure which strain is which. what do you think?

door number one: large, light tannish caps

door number two: smaller fruits, darker body.

thanks for the help everyone.

***===LB===***

--------------------
"The more I read, the more I meditate; and the more I meditate, the more certain I am that I know nothing." -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: laughingbuddha]
    #8133884 - 03/11/08 08:36 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not certain but my guess would be the top is EQ and the bottom is TC.

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: shroober]
    #8133924 - 03/11/08 08:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Funny, I just grew EQ's nect to TC's also.

I agree with the above poster. EQ has way huge fruits in comparison and they have pretty light brown almost yellowish caps.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: dill705]
    #8135062 - 03/12/08 12:07 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It's impossible to say that for sure about strains, that look as normal as TC and Ecuador.

It appears to me that it happens quiet often, that people mix up their jars, so they don't know which one is which strain.

Is it really that hard??? :rolleyes:

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: Fahkface]
    #8135073 - 03/12/08 12:08 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I just put a piece of tape on mine and label with a Sharpie.

Works everytime :thumbup:

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlineresptodd
I reject yourreality andsubstitute myown
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
    #8135196 - 03/12/08 12:49 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

They all look like cubes to me. Does it even matter? Oooooh, this is a game. The Ecs are on top.

--------------------
Damn! I'm having fun! Just keep the GD monkeys away.

Offlinefish42
Cracker

Loc: northern hemisphere
    #8135197 - 03/12/08 12:50 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm saying TC on top

--------------------
Do you dare to feel responsible for every dollar you lay down
are you going to make the rich man richer
or are you going to stand your ground
You say you want a revolution
a communal evolution
to be a part of the solution
maybe I'll be seeing you around.

OfflineLmcgurk
Stranger
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: fish42]
    #8135225 - 03/12/08 01:05 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I am just getting the hang of this but the EQs are on top. I can pretty much guarantee you that. If I'm wrong, well then I will take my lashings and go forth. But yea, the colors give it away - EQ on top and TEX on bottom -

OfflineLmcgurk
Stranger
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: Lmcgurk]
    #8135244 - 03/12/08 01:12 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Does the winner recieve a free print?
kidding

Offlineresptodd
Male User Gallery

Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: Lmcgurk]
    #8135369 - 03/12/08 02:02 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Bottom not Tex, they be Treasure Coast, arrrgh matey!!!!!! Pirates for Hire, Masters of Madness and Mayhem!

--------------------

Edited by resptodd (03/12/08 02:04 AM)

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: resptodd]
    #8136231 - 03/12/08 10:38 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I am just getting the hang of this but the EQs are on top. I can pretty much guarantee you that. If I'm wrong, well then I will take my lashings and go forth

:whip:

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #8136238 - 03/12/08 10:40 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

once the caps open, the TC's should have "sunspot" where as the eq's shouldn't..

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8136239 - 03/12/08 10:40 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, fahk, I think the EQ's are on top, too.

But I just grew these two strains out side by side, so I think my opinion matters, at least a little.

Do I get lashed as well?

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: jeetered]
    #8136248 - 03/12/08 10:43 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
once the caps open, the TC's should have "sunspot" where as the eq's shouldn't..

good point

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: shroober]
    #8136323 - 03/12/08 11:01 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Do I get lashed as well?

Well OK, but it's a 100 an hour...

However, even I would say that EC is on top, but I'd never ever say "I guarantee" it's the top one.
Normally TC is much smaller than EC and by far not as meaty.
However, there's alway a little chance that the specific genetics of one or both strains, makes them look different from what you expected.
And although in this case, it's relatively obvious which strain is which, I'd not say it's definitely EC or TC...

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8136339 - 03/12/08 11:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad I didn't say definitely...

But definitely, if they were mine, I would have no doubts. :hippie:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8136353 - 03/12/08 11:09 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It doesn't actually matter when it's about personal use, it's just that spreading spores via trading of which you can't be a 100!!! % sure what strains they actually are, is fucked up (in my personal opinion).

That's all...

Offlineresptodd
Male User Gallery

#8136427 - 03/12/08 11:31 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Who cares?!? Cubes are cubes. It's not like; is it azures or TC, Ec, GT, whatever. The knowledge to tell the difference between cubes is cool, but trivial. No offense to anyone. Truth hurts.

--------------------

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: resptodd]
    #8136497 - 03/12/08 11:44 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it hasn't too much to do with knowledge but just with guessing!

Sure there are hints that could lead you on right track, but in the end, you can't be sure.

Different strains produce different looking fruits.
Most strains are able to grow from genetics, that produce fruits that look completely different from what you expected, but the idea behind cultivating different strains is to try to get the genetics and fruits, a particular strain is known for.

For example some strains, such as Lizard King, produce fruits, with a VERY thin veil, that almost vanishes after a few days.
Amazon on the other hand produces fruits with thick and fleshy veils most of the time, that stays fleshy to full maturity.
These is one factor, that different strains from each other.

If you look for a particular appearance of of a cube, let's say (like I do), thick veils, and a little woody looking stem, a strain, such as Lizard King, would be one, you won't get lucky with, since these two features are some, that this particular strain almost never produces...

I'm also one that says a "cube is a cube", but just because all strains are ABLE to develop fruits that look like any other strain. This doesn't mean that they don't have certain features that can be expected from them.

When it comes to potency, it's something different for this is an area, that is too subjective to say things for sure. Plenty of people claim South East Asian strains to be more potent than Mexican strains for example.
I too made the experience that - in this case - most South American strains less potent, than Asian ones.
However I wouldn't say that it is a fact, for this can only be proven through long term measuring investigations of the actually alkaloid content.

InvisibleBUDDHA_702
Master Mycologist In Training
Male

Loc: Some Country
    #8137629 - 03/12/08 04:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

EQ top
TC bottom

Invisiblelipa

Trusted Cultivator
    #8137725 - 03/12/08 04:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Just so you know for future reference. Size has nothing to do with different strains of pc's. The size of pc's is a factor in direct correlation to the number of fruits formed, moisture content, and the amount of substrate.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: lipa]
    #8139900 - 03/12/08 11:50 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

These things are clearly factors, that influence size, no question, but size has indeed something to do with different strains!

Different strains -and the best example for that is Orissa India- are known for their tendency to get pretty big!
It's simply a question of genetic assumption.

If you grow two strains side by side on the same amount of the same substrate -let's say Orissa India and PESH- it's pretty likely for the OI to develop bigger fruits, as it does in nature most of the time.
Sure, they can also develop small fruits, depending on the distinct genetics of the particular substrain, but the probability of the Orissa developing bigger fruits than the PESH is A LOT higher than the other way around.

When you grow Orissa from a half pint cake and have a Monotub full of PESH on the other hand, it's almost certain, that the PESH fruits will get bigger, since they have a lot more water and nutrients to absorb.
No one claims, that it's not that way.

Still some strains, tend to get bigger than others, because of their genetic tendencies.

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger
    #8140445 - 03/13/08 06:54 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Top is GT
EQ is Bottom.

OfflineBejeezis
Mushaboom

Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: dumbfounded1600]
    #8140597 - 03/13/08 08:54 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I think top is EQ, bottom is TC.

I've grown em both and I love that reddish brown cap that young TCs have and the intimidating size of the EQ if it gets enough H2O! :thumbup:

--------------------

Whether you're here to learn or teach the art of mycology,
do so with an open mind.

My posts are 100% fictional... 
I'm just makin it all up! :wink:

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: Bejeezis]
    #8140619 - 03/13/08 09:02 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bejeezis said:

I've grown em both and I love that reddish brown cap that young TCs have and the intimidating size of the EQ if it gets enough H2O! :thumbup:

all strains swell up with water,

it's all the same species,

strain is just vendor hype.

Invisiblelipa

Trusted Cultivator
    #8140644 - 03/13/08 09:13 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

"Still some strains, tend to get bigger than others, because of their genetic tendencies. "

I am sorry but I cannot agree with this. Let me reword this for you. "Still some (species), tend to get bigger than others, because of their genetic tendencies. " I can take any "strain" that I have ever grown and make a huge "PC" and I can take any "strain' of "PC" and make a lot of mushrooms that are small by encouraging the number
of mushrooms on a smaller substrate. I can also take any strain of "PC" and grow them on a huge amount of substrate and make a large number of gigantic mushrooms. In nature it always has to do with the enviroment in which it fruits in and how contaminated the soil is. If that particular strain has a "genetic potential" for creating numerous mushrooms then it is going to make a lot of small mushrooms on a small substrate. If that same strain is going to fruit on 8 inch deep by 6 foot square of substrate it is going to make a lot of large mushrooms.

You cannot set a strains growth potential in stone because it has to many "enviromental" factors which influence it.

If you isolate 2 strains of p. cubensis "correctly"and fruit them side by side on the same amount of substrate with the same moisture content you cannot judge the size between the two because of each strains potential for creating a certain number of mushrooms!

The genetic tendencies of which you speak of should be the number of mushrooms, the substrate for which it favors, mutations, resistance to contaminants, and the number of primordia that abort. When I say the substrate for which it favors, I say that "loosely" for I know that every "strain" does not have the ability to break down every substrate known that P. cubensis is known for breaking down.

Invisiblelipa

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which is TC and which is EQ? [Re: jeetered]
    #8140693 - 03/13/08 09:29 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
Quote:

Bejeezis said:

all strains swell up with water,

it's all the same species,

strain is just vendor hype.

I cannot belive you of all  here jettered can say that strains is hype. Strains do have characteristics in their genes as I have noticed from many of your photos. I do agree however that when you "buy" a strain from a vendor you are buying a million of them "lol". We don't buy individual strains as that would require purchasing cultures. Am I correct jeetered? I am just trying not to confuse those who do not understand. I respect your work jeetered and have used your techniques which are "fantastic". Thank you! I just think that saying it the way that you did can give the wrong impression to those who are not in full understanding.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #8140745 - 03/13/08 09:54 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Going by pics from the SporeWorks, I have to say the top is Treasure Coast and the bottom is Ecuador.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8140919 - 03/13/08 10:55 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lipa said:
"Still some strains, tend to get bigger than others, because of their genetic tendencies. "

I am sorry but I cannot agree with this. Let me reword this for you. "Still some (species), tend to get bigger than others, because of their genetic tendencies. " I can take any "strain" that I have ever grown and make a huge "PC" and I can take any "strain' of "PC" and make a lot of mushrooms that are small by encouraging the number
of mushrooms on a smaller substrate. I can also take any strain of "PC" and grow them on a huge amount of substrate and make a large number of gigantic mushrooms. In nature it always has to do with the enviroment in which it fruits in and how contaminated the soil is. If that particular strain has a "genetic potential" for creating numerous mushrooms then it is going to make a lot of small mushrooms on a small substrate. If that same strain is going to fruit on 8 inch deep by 6 foot square of substrate it is going to make a lot of large mushrooms.

You cannot set a strains growth potential in stone because it has to many "enviromental" factors which influence it.

If you isolate 2 strains of p. cubensis "correctly"and fruit them side by side on the same amount of substrate with the same moisture content you cannot judge the size between the two because of each strains potential for creating a certain number of mushrooms!

The genetic tendencies of which you speak of should be the number of mushrooms, the substrate for which it favors, mutations, resistance to contaminants, and the number of primordia that abort. When I say the substrate for which it favors, I say that "loosely" for I know that every "strain" does not have the ability to break down every substrate known that P. cubensis is known for breaking down.

If you take a look around the world, you see that dung loving mushrooms, such as Ps. cubensis, favor Tatatataaaa: Correct! Dung!

Now, if we take two strains (let's again take the above mentioned PESH and Orissa India), and grow them both on the same substrate (dung + straw), they both grow on their favored substrates, ain't they!?! I bet if you'd grow twenty tubs, most if not all Orissa fruits will be bigger than the PESH ones.

There is a reason why Orissa India is known for it's size and you can ask actually everyone around here, that it is.

It definitely tends to get bigger than other strains. That's simply a fact.

Actually Orissa India, Penis Envy, Koh Samui and the albino / red spore fraction of strains are the only one, that have to be considered "special", for they have certain features that more or less define them. The feature of Orissa India is it's size!

Quote:

Well, this would just mean that Orissa India tends to fruit less fruits, but bigger ones or the other way around, another species tends to fruit more but therefore smaller mushrooms.

Now this was what I talking about the whole time!
It doesn't really matter WHY they tend to get bigger. It still means they do.
And since there's only a limited amount of water and nutrients in a substrate, a certain strain could either way develop many small fruits or fewer but bigger ones.
Orissa India tends to develop fewer but bigger ones.
For me, this means it tends to grow bigger fruits, since in the end the single fruits ARE bigger!

Edited by Fahkface (03/13/08 11:07 AM)

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8141013 - 03/13/08 11:16 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Very nice refutation fahk. No fallacies that I can see.

Fahk's the man!!! Always spreads good info.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Invisiblelipa

Trusted Cultivator
    #8141128 - 03/13/08 11:41 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Lets take for example your Koh Samui pics in your gallery. There are big ones, small ones, and medium ones. The reason for this variation is not because of the strain, it is because of the available nutes and moisture at the given site of each mushroom. If the strain produced every mushroom the same size and the same number and on the same substrate every time I would consider your "theory". All of those Koh Samui in your container are not Koh Samui at all. they are decendants of the Koh Samui named mushroom that the picker picked and named in thailand. By the time the print you recieved from that man who picked them got to you they were not the same. Therefore you cannot tell me that Koh Samui is bigger than say mezatapecs. I only label my mushrooms with the name that came with them to keep track of the different varieties that come about through cultivating them from the spores that they produce. Like a base reference to go off of. When I isolate a single characteristic I will lable them with a number or name to know which characteristic that particular strain makes. You do not buy individual strains of p. cubensis from vendors. They would reach you in culture form. Not a spore print|! Your fooling yourself here.

Those albino and b- plus and so on that you see workman produce for instance. If I were to take a print from one of those mushrooms and cultivate it through many generations I would not have the same strain you started with. Do you understand now what I am trying to tell you?

Edited by lipa (03/13/08 11:43 AM)

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8141205 - 03/13/08 12:00 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so I'm 100% German, but both my parents were born in the USA. My parents and I eat a diferent diet and have different lifestyles than my earlier ancestors. And time has passed in our genetic pool.

This makes me NOT German by your "theory". :kingtard:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Invisiblelipa

Trusted Cultivator
    #8141234 - 03/13/08 12:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

No! You are not german because you were not born in germany. You have german traits that your ansestors aquired when they lived in germany and were german.

Edited by lipa (03/13/08 12:08 PM)

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8141255 - 03/13/08 12:15 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The Koh Samuis in my gallery are a very good example of the verity a certain strain is able to produce.
The "actual" Koh Samui the actual print was taken from looked completely different from the ones I grew, which only shows, that there's a great variety in each single strain, weather it's Koh Samui, Orissa India or even Penis envy.
I grew PE's that looked like any other cube around, while the second half of the "flush" (it were only pretty crappy cakes I grew), looked like what it's known for.

Your right, when you say, that a "strain" isn't the same strain once you took a print from it and inoculated a jar from this multispore solution.
Of the thousands of spores a spore print consists off, there are numerous, that will develop completely different looking fruits, once they combined and I've NEVER said it wasn't like that.

However certain physical features, such as the penis like appearance of PE, the stubby, "hobbit" look of Koh Samui (which I actually expected from my KS grow), AND the size of Orissa India, are features, that are likely to develop, even when you grow it from multispore inoculations, since these example strains developed these features over thousands of years and it's deeply achored in their genetics, while it isn't in the genetics of maybe Maztapec, which is a good example of totally normal looking strain, that can also produce several varieties of fruits, though I highly doubt someone has EVER seen a whole grow of this strain, looking like Penis Envy.

Ps. cubensis is -as we all know- ONE species, no matter where in the world you find it. And if you take the majority of cube strains and look at them, you'll see that most of them look a like. However some strains, such as the above mentioned, normally develop fruits, that look quiet different from the whole rest of the cube world.
These appearances have developed for reasons we know as little about, as we know why this species develops active alkaloids. It just IS like that.
The "skeletal structure" of Ps. cubensis is the way most strains look. We can guess this, because MOST of the strains around the world look like this.
Therefore, it's just logical, that strains, such as Koh Samui, PE or any albino strain can develop somewhat "back to their roots", and look completely normal, while all the normal looking strains, can't just develop fruits, that look like PE or Koh Samui, except for single spontaneous mutations. Sure you can clone one of those mutations and "create" a strain, that looks like this, but only as long as you keep using the clone material. As soon as you took a spore print from it and inoculate a jar with it, it would probably look like any other cube again.
You can create more stable isolates by repeating this procedure of isolating clones for MANY times and still you wouldn't achieve results as stable as you might want them to be.
This process of isolation was done by mother nature over probably thousands of years and the results are strains, that are very likely to look like the "isolate" the nature created. This doesn't mean that you get these results all the time, but they are way more likely to get than a normal looking fruit from one of these natural isolates.

Consider Orissa India (just to get back where we came from), as one of those natural isolates, which distinct feature is to develop big fruits.

And just to convince yourself and not just take this a personal opinion of me, you can ask ANY of the the guys that grow mushrooms for like twenty years.
You'll here, that Orissa India develops the biggest fruits in general.

Every strain in the world is able to produce fruits as big or bigger as Orissa India, but these fruits are an exception, while OI develops them more or less regularly!
Orissa India

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8141278 - 03/13/08 12:22 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lipa said:
No! You are not german because you were not born in germany. You have german traits that your ansestors aquired when they lived in germany and were german.

Genetically he IS German!

And just as we are all actually African, we developed to different looking "strains", such as Caucasian, coloured, Asian and whatnot.

If you take two blacks, they will get a black child for 99.99999%, as long as their near ancestors (grand parents for example) weren't white. If they were white there's slight chance that the child will be white as well.
However, this chance diminishes with every generation, up until it's just mathematically possible.

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8141350 - 03/13/08 12:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yes fahk. Right again.

Genetically I'm certainly not "American". My fiance is a little bit. By which I mean Native. There's no other "American" breed.

I'm only "American", because I was born here and a law that says that makes me "American".

Just because I grew EQ's in my closet, doesn't make them "American" cubes, now does it?

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Invisiblelipa

Trusted Cultivator
    #8141356 - 03/13/08 12:47 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Every strain from your print of Orissa India did not produce big fruits and Orissa India is not a strain. I t might have been a strain when the original man cloned it. Your still classifying them as strains. And yes I have produced fruits from mez prints that looked like penis envys, albino mutations, and so on. Your only seeing characteristics from the original fruits that made the prints. Yes these characteristics were passed down but that doesn't make it a single strain. And yes it is possible that you got a exact identical fruit from from fruiting the spores, this happens in nature by accident, but it is only because you are close to the original strain. Stop calling what you have a strain. It is not.

Back to the original statement. Again I say "Every "strain" from your print of Orissa India did not produce big fruits" To tell me that Orissa India is a big mushroom by nature is a load of crap!

African Americans are still the same species as my white ass. There are millions of African American strains out there. If African Americans were all clones of each other I would say they were a "strain"

If he was 100% German he and his mom and pop would have been born in Germany. Germany is a local.

Invisiblelipa

Trusted Cultivator
    #8141365 - 03/13/08 12:49 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
Yes fahk. Right again.

Genetically I'm certainly not "American". My fiance is a little bit. By which I mean Native. There's no other "American" breed.

I'm only "American", because I was born here and a law that says that makes me "American".

Just because I grew EQ's in my closet, doesn't make them "American" cubes, now does it?

Being american is not part of "genetics"

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8141458 - 03/13/08 01:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Your demonstrating your complete n00bness on the topic of genetics.

Each fruit has different characteristics because it's a substrain of the strain, just like I'm a substrain of german. I don't have exact German traits and no one ever will. This is because of random mutations that occur when chromosomes combine to form new life. This is what causes uninherited genetic disease.

I'm sure other people have read this post by now, and you have no one backing you up. This doesn't prove your wrong, but does imply something.

Now if RR gets on here and tells me and Fahkface we're wrong, then we're wrong. I know he knows more than me about genetics, but I don't think you do.

And yes, being American is genetics, they're called Native Americans, you might know them as Indians.

I'm only American because of a law that says so. I could have been born on a U.S. military base in Germany to the same parents and still be American... Can you see the flawed logic there?

BTW I'm only 75% German, 25% Scottish. Just using myself as an example.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8141527 - 03/13/08 01:39 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Every strain from your print of Orissa India did not produce big fruits and Orissa India is not a strain

I don't really get it?

Who's Orissa India are you talking about??

I've never cultivated them, until now, and they didn't even fruit yet :crazy:

Quote:

Your only seeing characteristics from the original fruits that made the prints. Yes these characteristics were passed down but that doesn't make it a single strain. And yes it is possible that you got a exact identical fruit from from fruiting the spores, this happens in nature by accident

Certain characteristics that appear over and over again, don't seem like an accident to me!

Quote:

And yes I have produced fruits from mez prints that looked like penis envys, albino mutations

As you say it: MUTATIONS! And not just mutations, but spontaneous mutations. Just as a kid with a foot on his check wouldn't born a kid that looks like this as well, the next round of Maz's you get from a print of them most likely won't look any like the mutated ones.

Quote:

To tell me that Orissa India is a big mushroom by nature is a load of crap!

Gosh! Go and take a look around!

Quote:

Being American is not part of "genetics"

Read that again and then please tell where he claimed that being American is genetic???

I said genetically he's German which is indeed simply wrong since there's no difference in white Americans and white Europeans. It doesn't matter for genetics where a imagined, human made boarder of a country is, that's true! Therefore all white Americans and all white Europeans, as well as all white people around the globe are considered Caucasian. Being Caucasian in is more or less the same as being a strain! There plenty of varieties within the Caucasian race, therefore Russians for example look slightly different to Germans or Dutch's, but that doesn't mean they ain't this strain.

However you definitely CAN make a difference between a German and an Nigerian, since the Nigerian genetic includes being dark skinned as one feature.
Just as Penis Envy looks the way it does.

Calling Mexican "strains" different strains is actually wrong, since they all look more or less the same (the verities within them is minimal).

However, there are some real strains in the world, that can be considered strains in the true sense of the word, since they develop certain features MOST of the time.
And Orissa India and the size of the it's fruits, it regularly produces are ONE of these special and actual strains!

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8141549 - 03/13/08 01:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, I like the new look at this. Caucasian vs Pacific Islander is a way better description for strains. Then the substrains would be like Germany vs Italy.

Then you could say Italians typically have a darker pigment to their skin, but a few will be lighter colored like the average German.

Let's consider this settled. I don't think it can be descibed much better.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags