Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Undesclosed Location (its...
Brain as a time machine
    #8126871 - 03/10/08 09:58 AM (16 years, 22 days ago)

If we were able to construct a time machine, the current paradigm says we can only go as far back as the time machine its self was made. That I know is commonly accepted.

I currently have been interested in this "reproduction of the outer". We all live in our own bubble so small I believe quantum physics will be were one might find out more about it. Well its always been this way, everytime I think I just had some big revelation I could write about, people are already on the case.

They say that when a tenis player thinks he made the choice of swinging to hit the ball, he already did 500 (sic)milliseconds ago or so, and is at that moment already respomding to the next move on a subcouncious level. So we are living in the past, while we think we are affecting now. So no free will.

Well if you've seen what the bleep do we know, Some of those same scientist have been makeing new discoveries (speculations) in science. They basically say , to save free will, that our brain is a quantum computer and that quantum effects effect our choices.

I remember seeing this black dude on the History channel on tuesdays the universe, talking about sending back info using lazers.

Stuart Hamerhoff or something from what the bleep do we know was saying that our brains send back info to use now from the 500 msec in the future allowing Free Will, and real time decision making. He had all kinds of reasons and stuff at quantumconciousness.org. It all made sense really.

I mean its such a mystery to me how we produce such detailed qualia, all in seemingly one place one space.

Ifeel Deja Vu all the time, some say pot will do that to you. Well I have several times on shrooms were it was just like WTF type deja vu. Ive heard that during birth and at death DMT is sent into the blood streem, could this be to insure a place in which to "go back to" upon a suitable death, (Like right now Deja VU keep typing) as long as your brain isnt blown off, when the DMT again is sent into the blood. Shrooms is DMT with a phosphorus ring attached or somthin to bypass our stomachs, I remember on one of my most intese trips I felt as tho I went somewhere from somwhere to here, I felt like a new person, in the bible when people partake of manna they become like a dead man, so that the new man may walk in gods law. Maybe some shroom trips could act as refrense point on our time line. Jesus says that if you partake of his flesh (manna) that you shall have eternal life.

I think by now some may understand what I am saying. Basically that this world is a timeloop, and that threw the timeloop we gain immortality, time is like a river, with its eddies and whorlpools, could we, on earth be caught in one?

What are your thoughts possitive negative, don't care. I am too lazy to put up resourses, my mind id a sponge gathering info from all kinds a places and, then I try to work it all together, so its more important for me now to get the idea accross, besides, many of you have prolly read alot of what I have too. So think on man...

Edited by Mr_Spliff (03/10/08 11:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #8127297 - 03/10/08 12:27 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

The DMT section of your rant was semi-accurate. Some stuff I learned about DMT:
-produced by pineal gland
-pineal gland is suspected to contain calcite micro-crystals with piezoelectric properties
-piezoelectric means that EM radiation is able to do work upon a physical system
-this means that EM can effect the intricate structure of our brain

The implications of this is astounding. Some astronauts are said to experience enlightened feelings. It might fit in with the whole 2012 Mayan calender if you consider tryptamine to be responsible for the first mystical experiences. Experts say Mayans predicted it to line our planet up with the galactic center which is a giant black hole that might shoot some crazy EM our way (or who the fuck knows!)

Offlinejizmaster

Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #8128363 - 03/10/08 05:26 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

There's no need for calcite microcrystals to allow electromagnetic radiation to have an effect on the brain, it does anyway. Look at electroshock therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation is said to be able to induce a kind of mystical experience too.

And i'm not suprised astronaughts feel somewhat enlightened, being in space is probably enough to change most peoples perspectives pretty drastically!

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: jizmaster]
    #8129652 - 03/10/08 09:55 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

I'm no physicist, but the micro crystals might be more sensitive to any different kind of EM. As you know DMT is produced by the pineal gland. Imagine though that these imagined entities, aliens, seen during DMT trips could be plausible. If we can transmit videos via EM then they can experience. It all depends on the receiver.

Yes you are right most EM that people are exposed to nowadays is really bad. Especially when sleeping. I just realized the earth has its own fields too. Its crazy how out of synch your brain is. Imagine the perfect growing condition for the brain and nervous systems. Most people forget we have a second brain in our gut.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #8129774 - 03/10/08 10:33 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

ChiefGreenLeaf said:
Most people forget we have a second brain in our gut.

I think that second brain you are refering to is a little south of the gut....    :lol:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #8130341 - 03/11/08 01:48 AM (16 years, 21 days ago)

That was a really cool post. Lots of good ideas.

OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: DimensionX]
    #8130574 - 03/11/08 04:52 AM (16 years, 21 days ago)

I've read up information about this, and often find time the most mysterious thing inside our universe. It is proven that we react to things in the future before it occurs.

I seen an experiment of people being showed pictures, one picture out of the group would be a scary one. What they found is the person(s) heart rate would increase right before the person(s) seen the picture.

This would also explain Deja Vu, because you were technically already there in that point of time. I imagine it would be your brain just hiccuping.

I've also started thinking about this on a daily basis, and there will be many a times when I get a thought split seconds before it materializes. Whether it be thinking about someone, and they call or show up. Or at my work all the food is on timers. I notice so many times I "subconsciously" move closer to the machine seconds before it goes off. Whether this is coincidence, myself manifesting these thoughts, or maybe my brain is really ahead in time.

But at the same time you have to realize how big of an illusion time really is. There is no such thing as time, therefor how can our subconscious brain be a head of our conscious mind? Although time controls everything we know, we even have the circadian clock inside our body, so we must be affected by time?

I've also read that when people think of themselves in the "future", the episodic memory becomes active. The episodic memory is the part of the brain that stores experience.

I think that ultimately our brains have the power to see yourself at any point in time. Think about dreams and premonitions. Technically if you can think about yourself in the past, why can't you apply that same ability to the future...(insert signature) We could be twisting and turning through time, but we would only be experiencing a linear line. I don't think the conscious mind could understand the idea of being in two or more points in time, at a time. That is why we experience past present and future.

Not to mention if you could experience yourself and or think about yourself at any point in time, that would completely make the whole idea of life obsolete. Which brings us full circle back to the point of life in the first place, if there is one.

Edited by MindGorilla (03/11/08 04:53 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: MindGorilla]
    #8130783 - 03/11/08 07:17 AM (16 years, 21 days ago)

But at the same time you have to realize how big of an illusion time really is. There is no such thing as time, therefor how can our subconscious brain be a head of our conscious mind? Although time controls everything we know, we even have the circadian clock inside our body, so we must be affected by time?

I wouldn't say that time is an illusion...rather that the perception of time is very illusory in nature.

Time is real. It is really there...the same as distance or separation is. Time is just another form of separation. There is a saying among physicists, "time is what prevents everything form happening all at once". The same thing could be said about distance: it is what keeps everything from being all in the same place. Hopefully you can see the similarities. Don't let your progression through time, and your inability to do anything about it, throw you off...time is the same as the three common dimensions: length, width, and height.

The human view of time as "flowing" is wrong. The opposite, in fact. It is you who are moving through time, not the other way around. Time stands still and we are seemingly stuck moving through time, always in the same direction.

This really ties in to relativity and Einstein's universe. Take velocity, for example. You can move through the temporal dimension at c (the speed of light), by sitting completely still in space. Likewise you can move through the spatial dimensions at c by sitting completely still in time. That is why you can only have a maximum speed of c when traveling through space...not because of any barrier you will come up against, but because you are always moving at c in spacetime. You can choose which direction (dimension*) you want to put your speed...but you can't chose your speed itself.

*the four dimensions that we have access to are all at right angles to each other - so if you put all your speed into one of them there is none left for the others

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Brain as a time machine [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8132315 - 03/11/08 03:05 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Quote:

ChiefGreenLeaf said:
Most people forget we have a second brain in our gut.

I think that second brain you are refering to is a little south of the gut....    :lol:

>^;;^<

I think a lot of people isolate the brain as the end all be all of everything that is happening.  And while it does a tremendous percentage of all this beauty, there are the same receptors all over the body that could be triggered as well.

I wish someone would do the research on psychidelic fungus nowadays with all the advancements in technology.  It'd be amazing to see where these chemicals go, what proteins are being made by us from psilocybin or what are they blocking or upregulating.  Even if it were so simple, which I wouldn't doubt it being, then I would love to see a connection.  Not that I need empiracle proof, but it'd be a nice lil extra to throw around during a conversation.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates