Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
I can feel it dying
    #1650592 - 06/21/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well there ae some of you who might rip into this post,oh well  :rasta:
I have lived in Oregon for over 15 yrs and it took 5 to become "of" Oregon.So for 10 yrs I have been not just an observer but also a part of what is happening.I will outline what it is I live.
The aggresive vitality of the woodlands is dying,each yr it is harder for some species to kick over into spring mode,in spite of mild lush conditions for the last few yrs.
The creeks are dying.We are on a spawn stream and the creek is audited quite often,there are 73% fewer Invertabrate organisms now than ten yrs ago.One can easily see the efffects of herbicide use on the timberlands as the drift condenses in the cool still air over a canyon creek.
I am blessed to live in a community of people who are by and large "of" the land but this means as a community we also feel the DEATH that is sprayed on the hillsides twice to thrice each year.They spray, and the local clinic is over run with anxiety and depression cases,unidentified gastric pain, and respiratory irritation.We are slowly dying just as the vitality of the land we are part of is destroyed.
We have held prayer circles and met to consolidate our position yet somehow all community efforts have been ignored regarding our experience with Agent Orange(Yes they use both ingredients just not mixed like in Nam) and the half dozen other toxins regularly applied to us,our water,gardens,animals and all the game grazing the hillsides.
I bring this to S/P as for the last several circle of shaman I have attended have concluded that the intent is beyond brush control and is more similar to chemotherapy with any hindrance to the economic exploitation of the forest being treated as a cancer to the corporate bodies controling the vast timber tracts (given to them by the gov).
Ponder if you will the philosophy of economics which uses chemical weapons to control it's competition and think of the spirituality(or lack) which justifies this as appropriate.
I leave you with this thought and fact.A spray chopper mistakenly(?) sprayed my property along with me and a logger working the backside of my neighbors property.After much arguement as to whether it even happened( me and the logger had to shower the crap off and out of our burning eyes as my and his wife saw it all from inside the house) the spray company was fined 2000$(an hr or so flight cost) and we were called lying scum by the sprayer who we made eye contact with as he saw us below and cut his guns.We face a large evil bigger than this small community,or any of the hundreds like us in the PNW.
I ask simply that you all be aware of what is happening to the backwoods so when they go trying to explain the "problems" which will begin to occur you will know something from the inside.
WR:rasta:

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: I can feel it dying [Re: whiterasta]
    #1650603 - 06/21/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

w...t....f?
i've been wanting to visit the PNW for years. it just looks so incredibly gorgeous there.

your post is distressing to say the least.
where can i find more info on this?

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: I can feel it dying [Re: Clean]
    #1650623 - 06/21/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

one more reason I don't live in the US.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
    #1650658 - 06/21/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

my friend, not just oregon, but the entire world is slowly dying. i live in pennsylvania, the other side of the country and i see it too. the weather is extremely unstable here... we are only supposed to have 21 days of decent weather this summer, the rest to be rain. this in combination of the west being in a drought is very, very odd. im very interested in the environment, our effect on it, and its effect on us. what i have learned is this...

everything starts at the soil. everything lives off it. plants live off the soil itself, animals live off the plants, and other animals live off those animals. the plants take from the soil, the animal takes that which is taken by the plant from the soil, and then the other animal takes from the animal which took from the plant which took from the soil. ultimately our nourishment, and the nourishment of the planet relies on the soil. we, being humans, are the most powerful creatures on this planet; we are using our power in an illogical, ignorant, and terrible way. animals AND plants are supposed to die and return what was taken from the soil back to the soil. thousands of years went by and things worked perfectly. then humans came along, and eventually forgot about returning what was givin to them. we consume and consume and consume without giving back. we are slowly but surely breaking the circle of life, and it may be to broken to fix at this point...

we take the fields we grow on and pump them full of artificial fertilizers, mostly just nitrogen. when this happens there is no reason for worms or other micro organisms and bacteria to exist because its their job to break down what dies ON the soil and put it back IN the soil. When they don't exist there is nothing to do that. they dont exist because humans are "doing" it for them so we can make more money, so the economy gets stronger. the soil is not healthy... there is excess nitrogen in the soil every harvest.... where does it go? it washes into the streams and rivers which animals drink out of. we are killing the small creatures that did all the work for us in the first place, keeping the earth in balance... we kill these "worthless" worms and invertibrae and bacteria for money. an acre of land now holds half of the bacteria that it held 20 years ago. the artificial fertilizer companies gain from this terrible act. vegetables have very high nitrogen content, and therefore when humans eat these vegetables are taking in an unnatural and unhealthy ammount of nitrogen along with other things that would otherwise be doing us good if it was balanced. what a cell needs to function is givin to them in an unbalanced proportion, and therefore cannot do anything with what is givin to it and discards it in the human arteries. it makes humans and other animals sick... why do you think all these weird diseases are popping up suddenly? the use of pesticides does nothing but make mother nature react harsher and harsher each year, making the pests more and more resistant to the chemicals. all we need to do is make the plants healthy by letting nature take its course, using humice and other natural means of nurishing the soil. healthy plants are the same as healthy people, they dont get sick (or pests for that matter). there was no need for pesticides unless we already messed with the land to that point (which we did, using artificial fertilizers).

we take other animals' lives, but before we do that we pump them with artificial nutrients giving them what we think is good for them.we put them in cages their whole lives. we take their life away from them. how can an unhappy hen lay a healthy egg and how can an unhappy cow give healthy milk? to us what makes them big and juicy is what makes them healthy... nothing could be more incorrect. it imbalances the key ingredients that an animal's cell needs to function; since the cell is imbalanced what is givin to it is put somewhere in the body because it can't do anything with it... where does the cell put all of this otherwise useful material? The arteries and valves of the heart. This, in turn, does the same when humans consume these animals as well as the plants we grow. There have been studies done on humans that have died aged 3 years and older that died of any cause. Every single body that was studied showed the beginning of disease in the cardiovascular system. This, in my opinion and others', gives more than enough information that every single person has heart disease. The reason for this is because of the damn artificial way of raising animals and plants.

all together this is effecting the environment. our earth, our home.... and those in power are too greedy and/or blind to even realize what they are doing. we are killing the earth along with ourselves... we are all dying with the planet. all because America is obsessed with the idea of being superior and "free". the eastern world is so much better off than the US right now... they may not be as powerful or as "advanced" but they are much, MUCH healthier. The only solution to this problem, if there is one, is that the East MUST meet the West. We must combine the technology of the West with the spiritual and environmental knowledge of the East. It might be too late, but something must be done.

whiterasta, you are not alone. many of us see this, and we are all over the place... we are just too powerless to do anything. our voices will not be heard. the truth is this though...

Everything is dying on Earth. The humans in power, unfortunately, have prooved our ability to destroy. Even entire planets cannot protect themselves.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: I can feel it dying [Re: Edge]
    #1651498 - 06/21/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

everything dies. i suggest you learn to embrace the soul-crushing metropolis that will consume us all.

it aint so bad, things change, eco-systems get destroyed, people get locked in prison for no reason, bombs are dropped, chemicals are dumped in the ocean, animals live in factories built to kill them, people take anti-deppresants so they can "function", prophets get assasinated, children get raped, mothers are decapitated. its human life, no one ever said it was perfect.

if you dont like something that is happening, then do everything you can to stop it. if legal ways dont work then become a criminal, if non-violent ways dont work, then become violent. kidnap a CEO and demand more environmental justice, so then the government can label all environmentalists as terrorists, and more people can be imprisoned, and more eco-systems can be destroyed faster.

oh shit.....I guess were fucked, might as well have fun while you still can.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1651737 - 06/21/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

in our world there some life left, but it may not last. :frown:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1653095 - 06/22/03 05:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: I can feel it dying [Re: World Spirit]
    #1653515 - 06/22/03 12:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For as long as this planet has sustained life, ecosystems have come and gone. Species have come to life, flourished, then ultimately passed on without us even knowing about them.

This has been the natural order of things since the beginning.

Do we influence it? Yes. Many times for the worse. But this is still how things have always been. To think that we can keep this same ecosystem operating just as it is, is naive.

I do agree that we are having a profound impact on our environment, much if not most of it bad. But I think it adapts much better than people think. One species demise allows for another's rise. These permutations allow species that are more suited to our environment to thrive.

When global warming first started becoming an issue, they warned that at the present rate, greenhouse gases would have overcome the capacity of the vegatation on Earth, several years ago. That has proven to be untrue. The oxygen producing plants were able to cope with the increased supply.

However this would not be sustainable forever. I believe that technology will eventually deliver us from most environmental problems. We will eventually live in balance with it.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinelateralus
Re: I can feel it dying [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1655109 - 06/23/03 12:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think the only thing that will save the environment 'as it is now' is a change in conciousness. I spent 19 years and grew up in Oregon. It is a beautiful state, and its a shame to hear this.

We are an unbalancing force on the environment. No one expects the environment to stay exactly the same. It is dynamic and always changing, but the force we exert on it is extremely unbalancing.

We have the technology to fix it already, reverse what were doing and still be sucessful as the human race, but we don't! I fear what earths answer is going to be to our complacency. If I was the earth, Id shake us off my back.

Im sorry about what happened to you Whiterasta. Youre a strong man. If I had that happen to me and then on top of it had him call me a liar publically, I can only hope I wouldnt do something stupid to that man!

Edited by lateralus (06/23/03 12:22 AM)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1668435 - 06/28/03 12:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can only advise us all to be attentative to new information and to be thoughtful in our every decision.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Undesclosed Location (its...
Re: I can feel it dying [Re: Joshua]
    #8126996 - 03/10/08 11:03 AM (16 years, 22 days ago)

I feel it to, in my trips. I feel like all is at an end, the final chapter, but it also feels so right.

Imagine a tumor in ur brain, its evil, it doesnt know, so we kill it cut it out, poison it. I wonder if in its death it can see the truth and be happy for the greater good, knowing in its dying it is finaly in the right, that it may rest and let the human keep living.

We've lost ourselves, time to go home, let earth do here thing.

OR STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND BE THAT THING, the thing the earth is here for, WHY IS IT that Massive extinctions happen periodical, the same amount of time between each one, like clock work. Perhaps the Dinos to could have been compared to a brain tumor.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: I can feel it dying [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #8127329 - 03/10/08 12:35 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

A year ago I was insomniac and I didn't sleep for about five months. Literally. Maybe a half an hour a night I would lay in bed and dream some wild shit. Yes this occured as a result of going cold turkey off morphine and pot, and at the same time buying about ten thousand dollars worth of Hindu rituals for various ends though mostly for benefit of all living beings - blanket positive motivation. Anyway, I had the most occult experiences, and since I couldn't sleep I would sit on the front porch all night and smoke cigarettes (have quit too since). One thing I noticed was the aitr force making contrails in weird patterns every morning above my city (NOLA). These trails did not evaporate for hours. Unlike trails I had seen as a child. Anyway, that started making me distrust the intent of the State. Since then I have switched to bottled water. My personal belief is that the government is conspiring against civilians. But for the life of me I can't understand why. Anyway, I know about chemtrails stuff but it still doesn't make sense.

But it's no conspiracy that the government is trying to exploit all the indigenous lands for their resources, not caring about what the future effect will be.

Frankly this country is so apathetic, I have no words any longer. the fight has been osmosified through inertia right out of me.

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Re: I can feel it dying [Re: eve69]
    #8127970 - 03/10/08 03:33 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

People need to realize that as consumers:mad2: you can VOTE with your money. Only support organic farming. Not only will you eat better (although you can still get organic junkfood) but it prevents these types of pollution from occurring. Be sure to use organic, natural cleaners. No synthetics people. Don't be wasteful and say fuck you to plastics. I guess the next big  jump will be to solar. It is stupid to keep the gas companies in power. The technology is available for CLEAN renewable energy. America also needs to think about how they expand their cities. Fuck urban sprawl. We need o live close to where we work. My dream is to build a house that is totally green. I have seen houses insulated so well that they require no heating or cooling units. A greenhouse and solar panels would be good too. Its a big initial investment but if you have the electric companies buying your power and build in a place where similar technologies are being employed, then you can build some serious wealth with property value increase wow run on sentence.

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
    #8130492 - 03/11/08 03:13 AM (16 years, 21 days ago)

Has the US not realised the problem with agent orange? even in miniscule quantities... even traces in the soil can fuck shit up for generations. Its evil shit. Higher cancers rates and deformities in babies where even traces are found in the soil... at least thats what has been in found in most countries, cept i imagine companies are still trying to cover it up over there like they did (until recently) in alot of other countries.

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8131285 - 03/11/08 10:55 AM (16 years, 21 days ago)

I've lived in Oregon for over 20 years myself. Of course this is happining all over the world. I understand your sadness and frustration. I have to say though that my conclusion it that it will have to run it's course until humanity kills itself off. You cannot stop the tide of insanity because whether you believe it or not it's part of all of us. Just a lot more evident in some.

Around where I live things are pretty nice as I live next to wilderness that is well watered and somewhat protected (for now) After that my heart lies out in Eastern Oregons High Desert Canyonlands where I have wandered often without sight of any humans. It's a real pleasure.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: I can feel it dying [Re: Icelander]
    #8132547 - 03/11/08 04:07 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

Actually, you should remember that all systems steadily decline as they use up their energy. Before the end there should be stability in that some few will be able to maintain some semblance of life. Probably those will be horribly disfigured and mutated, and of the Bush family tree.

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8132655 - 03/11/08 04:28 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Are you talking about Entropy?:whoa:

No God please, NO!:satansmoking:

--------------------

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

#8133748 - 03/11/08 08:13 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

The earth is cycling. We do not need to suffer, but we need to pleasure.

Problem?

We know.

The world is here for a minute, back logged the next. Where did it go? Is there a drain.....down, up. Whats next.

I know.

There may be a moment in your life where you love everyone.
Big, thick, small and strict.
In which all of these divisions will be caressed into the moment divine.
Here anything will seem fine, fear will be driven away from time.
Your existence will soar and peacefully abide to the rivers flow.
Surrendering into what we thought was fought for.
Love, peace, high above and low below, behold the awe of the soul.
Behold the beheld now free to roam.
How long the moment lasts, is past the minds comprehension.
Its extension will depend on your willingness, to say “there is nothing to say anymore."While you walk through the door.
To all that ever was and will be. Look within the eyes of all that lives and see an endless sea.
The question is not really if.
So when will it be?

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#8133901 - 03/11/08 08:38 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Are you talking about Entropy?:whoa:

No God please, NO!:satansmoking:

Yeah, but from the POV of ecology. Energy comes from the sun, is converted by plants to energy which animals use and then from there it keeps stepping down. Each time energy is converted some is wasted.

Unless in this world we reclaim waste and convert it back into energy then yes, entropy will rule the day.

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8136203 - 03/12/08 10:30 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

It will rule sooner or later no matter what we do. But that's just part of another cycle.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds