Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

The link between the conservative and pro-life point of view
    #8121630 - 03/08/08 10:45 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

A little theory that came to mind.

So, it's fairly well known that conservative minded individuals are more often pro-life than liberal minded individuals.

Clearly there is the "it's in the bible" explanation, but this theory is more geared toward why the conservatives put it in the bible to begin with, and why they do not necessarily know the real reason themselves.

The theory assumes the following:
-babies who are potential abortion candidates are often those who would have poor economic status or those without proper support systems in place
-in society the economic status of an individual will only advance slightly if at all on average throughout a lifetime (poor babies will generally be poor adults)

The theory assumes that conservative minded people are:
-more tentative to be pro-life (the obvious assumption)
-likely to learn through indoctrinal reasoning
-richer on average than non-conservatives
-more interested in perpetuation of wealth than redistribution

So, from the point of view of the single conservative individual, "pro-life" is often simply "right". It will likely be "right" for some series of simple reasons with a fundamental basis. The individual will often not be aware that there is a more 'evolutionary' type of logic they are acting on, or if they are aware they will likely deny it.

The real reason that a conservative is interested in a pro-life attitude is servitude. The conservative is likely to be rich, but "rich" is only a social representation- money is only an idea. The reason we have "rich" is because we have "poor" to serve them. When a starving mother is forced to give birth to a child she can barely support, it becomes more likely that the mother will be held in a "poor" social status, and that the baby will also enter a "poor" social status. The "rich" wants this "poor" baby to exist so that it may serve. The conservative collective mind knows this; the stupid conservative individual likely has no idea, the intelligent conservative individual likely knows this to some extent but would not wish to admit it due to the obvious malicious intent.

Because of the indoctrinal learning techniques often employed by conservatives, the stupid conservative may ignorantly infect the next conservative mind with the pro-life belief, while the intelligent conservative mind may maliciously infect the next conservative mind with this belief.

Some of the conservatives will become poor, and once in the situation of the starving mother will become more likely to see from a compassion based viewpoint (pro-choice) rather than a wealth based (pro-life) viewpoint.

Likewise some non-conservatives will become rich and thus distanced from the starving mother circumstance. In this case these individuals will become more susceptible to 'theoretical' pro-life points of view due to the new found lack of awareness of the starving mother's position (in the stupid case) or the new found awareness of servitude destined children (malicious case).

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: The link between the conservative and pro-life point of view [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8125125 - 03/09/08 08:57 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Come on... an abortion opinion post and not one reply?

Really though people, get offended or something...

Does the theory make sense? Do you agree? Why/why not?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: The link between the conservative and pro-life point of view [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8125131 - 03/09/08 08:59 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Maybe I picked the wrong forum. Shrug.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #8125159 - 03/09/08 09:03 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

I kind of agree with you.

I think most people are pro life because deep down they want women to be brood mares for the state. Either that or they have the best intentions and are honestly against the principle.

Personally I don't think I would ever want an abortion if I accidentally knocked a girl up, but I'm strong in my opinion that it should always be legal.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinedfernandez90
Bueno
Male

Re: The link between the conservative and pro-life point of view [Re: g00ru]
    #8125230 - 03/09/08 09:14 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Seems logical.

--------------------
:bongload:

Invisiblekybish
Loc: Loc: Loc: Loc:
Re: The link between the conservative and pro-life point of view [Re: dfernandez90]
    #8125358 - 03/09/08 09:36 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Makes sense to me.

I'd bet 5 bucks this is on Big Bill O's mind

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: The link between the conservative and pro-life point of view [Re: g00ru]
    #8125411 - 03/09/08 09:47 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
I kind of agree with you.

I think most people are pro life because deep down they want women to be brood mares for the state. Either that or they have the best intentions and are honestly against the principle.

Personally I don't think I would ever want an abortion if I accidentally knocked a girl up, but I'm strong in my opinion that it should always be legal.

And there's the one time that you SHOULD have the right to be pro-life. When it's yours.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Invisiblemayfly
Female

Loc: planet home
    #8125688 - 03/09/08 10:52 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

I mostly agree with the OP.

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
...the one time that you SHOULD have the right to be pro-life. When it's yours.

The right to be pro-life? If we're to assume that pro-life means that abortion is not an option, and pro-choice means that abortion and birth are both options, then I don't quite understand what you're saying here.

--------------------
"The important thing to remember: if we ship all our fat-bottomed girls off to foreign countries, the terrorists win."

Offlinerexmundi
Stranger

Re: The link between the conservative and pro-life point of view [Re: mayfly]
    #8126808 - 03/10/08 09:25 AM (16 years, 22 days ago)

I dunno, I get what you are saying but it seems way too class conscious and conspiratorial for me.

For most people class discourse hardly figures into their politics, so I doubt that "conservatives" are pro-life just because they want an underclass to serve them.

Every culture deals with the issue of abortion differently. Ours uses a rights based discourse, the mother's right versus the rights of the fetus. Other cultures, who aren't necessarily as concerned with "rights" don't even consider the issue to be a debate.

Abortion is tricky for us, because many want to understand the fetus as a living human being with its own rights, perhaps something that comes out of liberalism and its focus on individualism.

I dunno, a conspiracy to perpetuate the underclass by legislating against abortion seems to be pushing it. Remember America's experimentation with eugenics? Doesn't add up to me.

Good thoughts though.

--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine

Fuck the system.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale