Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblediseased
Stranger
Here's my friends theory
    #812441 - 08/12/02 10:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OK, heres what my friend thinks: She's been watching her mushrooms grow, and noticed that the new growth seems to originate from the tips, as they would in plants (meristem)...correct her if she's wrong, but she's to lazy to pull out a biology book and check if thats the case. Anyway, its seems that way because after the veil breaks, she says they get about an extra inch of growth, from the veil to the cap (if they are let grow that long).
Soooo... heres what she's thinking: After the veil breaks suppossedly no more psillocybin is produced, so unless the psilocybin is constanly circulating throught the entire fruiting body (let me know if this is the case, ill tell her), this top one inch under the cap should be almost null of actives.
That brings her to this: A hypothetical experiment...cut off the top 1/2 to 1 inch of stem of a whole flush who was let over mature, then cut off say the bottom 1/2 to 1 inch of those SAME stems. Grind each in a coffee grinder seperately into a homogenous mixture, weigh out identical sized doses of each, and give them a few test runs spaced at least good week apart. This would give a good idea of the effect on potency in relation to maturity, because each sample would come from the same mushroom, so you would not have to account for variation in potency between individual mushrooms. These then being ground up would give a good average of the whole mess, so each test run of each sample will produce the same effect.
Well then, if theres no noticable difference between the two, then maybe its worth it to let them mature that extra day Please let me know if her logic is flawed, as she is by no means a mycologist. She said if she accidentally lets some over mature, she would test her hypothesis, and tell me to tell you guys what happens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: Here's my friends theory [Re: diseased]
    #812502 - 08/12/02 10:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

how bout dosing with non mature mushrooms and then taking the same dose of mature ones to see which ones were more potent..

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: Here's my friends theory [Re: JohnnyR]
    #812540 - 08/12/02 10:44 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lol this sounds like one of those situations where a kid would be talkign to a chick and go like 'i have this friend that likes this girl... and i.. i mean my friend likes her a lot... etc etc' ehehehehe

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation