Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8125548 - 03/09/08 10:17 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Thanks for posting. This topic is constantly on my mind of late. I've lost track of how many times I've taken LSD but I know that if I added up my psilocybin, LSD and DMT experiences all together it would be well over 100. And now, life is incredibly overwhelming and intense all of the time. Would I trade that in for anything? Nah...

All this usage has certainly changed the way that I think. That's why I liked it the first time and that is why I continue to like it. It is the opening up of new perspectives that makes the psychedelic experience as valuable to me as it is...sure, I over-analyze in my daily life. But who's to say I wouldn't have gotten this way without LSD? I mean, it's sort of a moot point, you know?

To some my friends and loved ones that don't trip as often as I do or don't trip at all, it seems that I've already done too much and that I do it too often. The thing is, I just have faith in my mental capacities and my psychological makeup to keep doing psychedelics. I truly feel that psychedelics, unlike other drugs, it quite clear to the user when they shouldn't be done anymore. I find that in times when I abuse them, the experiences reflect that.

Psychedelic drugs can do a lot for you, but to continue doing them frequently in a healthy manner I think a person really needs to learn how to integrate what they learn from their experiences into their everyday sober lives...otherwise, you could be doing yourself a lot of damage.

I completely agree. Especially about the integration part. Psychedelics are very powerful and they CAN make you go batshit insane if you don't respect them and integrate them correctly. I was already increadibly analytical before tripping, so it happens to mesh quite well with my personality.

What really helps for me is doing well in life. If I'm doing well in school and have great relationships, I have the backup I need to always let myself know that I'm okay. I actually LOVE the fact that I even have to consider my own sanity, even if I'm secure in the fact that I am sane. Us trippers live a little more on the edge but I'm absolutely in love with that concept.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: g00ru]
    #8127452 - 03/10/08 01:15 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

thanks for all the replies it means a lot, this is why i belong to this community, people willing to help.

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #8149342 - 03/15/08 12:53 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

I'm not sure that my thought process has changed, but the way my mind works has definitely changed a bit. I can't even explain it really, but after an intense trip 2 months ago, everything DOES somehow seem different. I do get some acid-like visuals occasionally at random times, but nothing dramatic. I enjoy it when it happens, hehe.

One thing that has increased noticeably is my appreciation of nature, and it has increased more and more every time I do psychedelics. So, I may have changed slightly, but only for the bettter. I'm still the same person, but I feel like I've been exposed to a side of life that most others don't know about, and that makes me feel pretty good.

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #8149389 - 03/15/08 01:03 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

LSDaytripper said:
I'm not sure that my thought process has changed, but the way my mind works has definitely changed a bit. I can't even explain it really, but after an intense trip 2 months ago, everything DOES somehow seem different. I do get some acid-like visuals occasionally at random times, but nothing dramatic. I enjoy it when it happens, hehe.

One thing that has increased noticeably is my appreciation of nature, and it has increased more and more every time I do psychedelics. So, I may have changed slightly, but only for the bettter. I'm still the same person, but I feel like I've been exposed to a side of life that most others don't know about, and that makes me feel pretty good.

That sounds like a classic description of thought process change lol.

--------------------
check out my music!

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8150646 - 03/15/08 06:30 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Anything will "change" your thought processes... just read a good, thought-provoking book or spend a couple hours in stimulating philosophical conversation and your thought processes will definitely be altered. Now, obviously, psychedelics can have more of an effect than most things when it comes to this, but it's all in what you put in and what you try to get out of it.

As to whether or not I'd choose ignorance and bliss over what I have now, 'tis a very interesting question. If you had asked myself before my first psychedelic experience, I would have been pretty content with the status quo. But after taking that first red pill, heh... I'd never go back.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: deCypher]
    #8150685 - 03/15/08 06:36 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
As to whether or not I'd choose ignorance and bliss over what I have now, 'tis a very interesting question.  If you had asked myself before my first psychedelic experience, I would have been pretty content with the status quo.  But after taking that first red pill, heh... I'd never go back.

I always hear people talking about ignorance and bliss versus knowledge and...not bliss :lol:

Why not have enlightenment and bliss?  Psychedelics may show you the unfiltered truth, but in my experience they've also shown me how I can make my life what I want it to be.  And if you can combine the good aspects of a psychedelics existence with the good aspects of a conventional existence, you're good to go.

--------------------
check out my music!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #8150978 - 03/15/08 07:54 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
Quote:

The Cypher said:
As to whether or not I'd choose ignorance and bliss over what I have now, 'tis a very interesting question.  If you had asked myself before my first psychedelic experience, I would have been pretty content with the status quo.  But after taking that first red pill, heh... I'd never go back.

I always hear people talking about ignorance and bliss versus knowledge and...not bliss :lol:

Why not have enlightenment and bliss?  Psychedelics may show you the unfiltered truth, but in my experience they've also shown me how I can make my life what I want it to be.  And if you can combine the good aspects of a psychedelics existence with the good aspects of a conventional existence, you're good to go.

enlightenment brings you back full circle only this time you know some stuff. the thing is, knowing stuff is the problem. Quite the conundrum.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8151116 - 03/15/08 08:27 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

meh, as long as you're happy who cares?

--------------------
check out my music!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8151210 - 03/15/08 08:48 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

it's all the blanket.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8152287 - 03/16/08 02:07 AM (16 years, 17 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineNothingIsReal
Stranger

#8152659 - 03/16/08 09:00 AM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
Quote:

The Cypher said:

My take on it is that the more and more enlightended you become, the less and less you can live and normal life, and the more and more you come to realize how shitty society really is. I tripped on shrooms last night, and the comedown was probably the most personally informational one i have had so far. While i was learning and realizing so much, i went through like an hour to 2 hours where i was just so angry with how life is. I seriously wanted to take everything i had like my cell phone and my licience and just through them in the woods. Why did i have to be phone at 1AM? Why do i have to hide bassically everything i do from my parents? Why do i have to go to school? Why do i have to write papers? Why is there war in the world? Why do people waiste their whole lives working and being "robots" of society when 99.999% of them will never find happiness through it?

psychadeilics just make me realize how far my life is from how i want it to be/think it should be. With each trip, i "drop out" more and more so to speak in the terms of timothy leary. I've learned that the most important part is finding peace within yourself, i just havnt been able to do that yet. However its important to realize that tho i am very glad that i have learned about myself and life what i have, had i never "turned on" i would never have even been thinking about these things in the first place, and be living in an "ignorant bliss". Or atleast i think i would have. You never can really know

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: thought process change from psychadelics? [Re: NothingIsReal]
    #8152956 - 03/16/08 11:19 AM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

NothingIsReal said:
Quote:

guruu said:
Quote:

The Cypher said:

My take on it is that the more and more enlightended you become, the less and less you can live and normal life, and the more and more you come to realize how shitty society really is. I tripped on shrooms last night, and the comedown was probably the most personally informational one i have had so far. While i was learning and realizing so much, i went through like an hour to 2 hours where i was just so angry with how life is. I seriously wanted to take everything i had like my cell phone and my licience and just through them in the woods. Why did i have to be phone at 1AM? Why do i have to hide bassically everything i do from my parents? Why do i have to go to school? Why do i have to write papers? Why is there war in the world? Why do people waiste their whole lives working and being "robots" of society when 99.999% of them will never find happiness through it?

psychadeilics just make me realize how far my life is from how i want it to be/think it should be. With each trip, i "drop out" more and more so to speak in the terms of timothy leary. I've learned that the most important part is finding peace within yourself, i just havnt been able to do that yet. However its important to realize that tho i am very glad that i have learned about myself and life what i have, had i never "turned on" i would never have even been thinking about these things in the first place, and be living in an "ignorant bliss". Or atleast i think i would have. You never can really know

that's what's up.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom