Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesplasher78
Stranger
Help! Not sure if contaminated...
    #812076 - 08/12/02 06:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Help! I am a first time cultivator on my first batch of substrate jars. I am using 1/2 pint jars, 12 of them. Some of the jars are colonizing, and some aren't. I don't know if the ones that aren't colonizing are contaminated. I've read up on alot of contamination issues but can't distinguish if they are contaminated because I don't see any discoloration whatsoever. I inoculated them using sterile procedures. Could it be that maybe I should give the other jars a little more time to start colonizing? It has only been the 4th day since I have inoculated. I am using the puerto rican spores. When they sent the syringes to me, One was dated 8/1/02 and the other was 7/11/02 I used them both but not sure if the older syringe still had fertile spores. I'd appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks
Splasher78

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

Re: Help! Not sure if contaminated... [Re: splasher78]
    #812105 - 08/12/02 06:47 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yes it can take up to a week for the spres to germinate. also if the jars are showing NO signs of ANY kind of growth it could be a lack of water, maybe over sterilaztion? but i would say since it has only been 4 days, definatly give it more time, this is a hobby that requires a lot of patiance! Id recomend not checking on then for a few days at all and incubating them if you can, you will prolly be very suprised what you will see when you take a look!!

also just for future reference, there is a contamination forum, so just make sure you post in the right place, where you can get the most help! Good Luck!!!

Offlinequietnick
Stranger
    #812550 - 08/12/02 10:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

its hard to tell anything about contams with out pics however... this early in the game ts impossible to tell.

give your jars a little bit of neglect

nick

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #812575 - 08/12/02 11:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

have you ever thought why the tek says 12 jars? one of the reasons is because it is quite logical for a new-cultivator to mess up and have some contaminated jars, so this way gives a possibility you will also have some healthy ones.

but most of all i would say, if you dont see any bacteria [white liquids or oily liquids inside] you HAVE TO wait for the mycelium to show. dont forget that you are working with REAL RESPECTABLE LIFE, and as such, you have to expect different reactions from different organisms. Not all humans grow the same way, not even brothers!

Have some patience

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Edited by kykeon (08/12/02 11:04 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation