Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethizzles29
Stranger
Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #8134847 - 03/11/08 11:26 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

well, the only reason i fall asleep is because the trips almost over.
The only time i haven't fallen asleep i had the same results, the main trip ended 6-7 hours in but i still saw some small visuals. i wasnt sober but wasnt really tripping. for me, after the 6 hour mark i just start to get bored because im not seeing as much or in the same state of mind.

also, i have a really fast metabolism, but that doesnt mean my trips arent good. i had a shroom trip that lasted like 4.5 hours but was intense as fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethizzles29
Stranger
Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: thizzles29]
    #8134854 - 03/11/08 11:27 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

so does having a faster metabolism mean that your trips are shorter?

Offlinepezareg0od
Stranger

Loc: So Cal. Beach (yea)
    #8134872 - 03/11/08 11:30 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

shitty cid? maybe u didnt take enough? could the way u take it effect the duration and effectiveness. i dont know.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: pezareg0od]
    #8134918 - 03/11/08 11:39 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Metabolism has little to no effect on an LSD trip. I have a really fast metabolism, it is hard for me to gain any weight without working out, and yet a good dose of LSD still lasts me 12 hours.

LSD has a predetermined half-life of about 3 hours, so it could be possible that you took only slightly above a threshhold dose and your trip started winding down very shortly after peaking..

I would say, either take more, and if it still doesn't last beyond six hours, that you need to find a new source. The best acid doesn't taste like a damn thing and you will stay up for as long as you're tripping.

It's also been proven that you will wake up if you have been dosed when you're sleeping...sleep is just not possible on LSD. The trip is usually too intense for you to explore it in your sleep, and since LSD mimics serotonin, the chemical in your brain that is released upon waking up, it's like you're wired on caffeine. If it hit your melatonin receptors instead it would make you pass out, but it doesn't.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlinethizzles29
Stranger
Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8134953 - 03/11/08 11:46 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

When you say 12 hours, do you mean that you're actually tripping the whole time, or peak plus after affects.

Edited by thizzles29 (03/11/08 11:48 PM)

Offlinethizzles29
Stranger
    #8134975 - 03/11/08 11:49 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Oh, and what's the latest you can boost your acid trips before you start getting tolerance. I'm going to try taking 6 or 7 this weekend and I want to increase the duration.

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #8135051 - 03/12/08 12:04 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Take some 5-htp (supplement), and no one's said it but I think melatonin could help or change it.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: Artnotwar]
    #8136774 - 03/12/08 12:38 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

intense_cutn said:
fall asleep? fuck if only i could fall asleep after acid. it keeps me awake more than meth.

i also wish it lasted longer, well the peak anyway.

I usually fall asleep if I take over 20 hits.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #8136869 - 03/12/08 12:59 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

I think it's dose. I mean, I couldn't fall asleep at 6 hours, but I'll often start comming down at about 5 if I take 1 hit. Larger doses and can last a really long time.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8136886 - 03/12/08 01:03 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

tyler_0_durden said:
Metabolism has little to no effect on an LSD trip. I have a really fast metabolism, it is hard for me to gain any weight without working out, and yet a good dose of LSD still lasts me 12 hours.

LSD has a predetermined half-life of about 3 hours, so it could be possible that you took only slightly above a threshhold dose and your trip started winding down very shortly after peaking..

I would say, either take more, and if it still doesn't last beyond six hours, that you need to find a new source. The best acid doesn't taste like a damn thing and you will stay up for as long as you're tripping.

It's also been proven that you will wake up if you have been dosed when you're sleeping...sleep is just not possible on LSD. The trip is usually too intense for you to explore it in your sleep, and since LSD mimics serotonin, the chemical in your brain that is released upon waking up, it's like you're wired on caffeine. If it hit your melatonin receptors instead it would make you pass out, but it doesn't.

I think seratonin is released most during sleep and that is why LSD can be like a waking dream. I think the stimulant properties (aside from the intensity of the effects) can be attributed to the fact that LSD also seems to be a dopamine agonist (fakes dopamine). This is why it can feel speedy and also give you a more superman amphetamine-like vibe than mushrooms or other tryptamines.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlines2clothing
Stranger

Loc: NV
    #8141658 - 03/13/08 02:17 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Last trip on acid lasted a longgg time... effects after 1 hr, peaked around 3, enjoyed fractals for 3 more hours at least, and had an altered state of thought after until i fell asleep..

I guess i'd say 10 hours?

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: s2clothing]
    #8141988 - 03/13/08 04:03 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

I think it's either low dose or one being just unperceptive of LSD's effects.

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

A spot of Sunshine: We are energy,... matter is energy that simply has been reduced to a crawl and condensed together to form something.

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Acid trips too short? [Re: allisthesame]
    #8142498 - 03/13/08 05:48 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

i watched this dude eat a drop of killer liquid and he fell asleep a few times throughout the trip. hes a pretty fucked up guy. i mean, weird almost narcoleptic, and sometimes insomniac. but we were all watching a movie and this dude nodded off a couple times and all i heard was snoring. weird shit. people react differently to chemicals.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflineAtrioVent
AtrioVent
Male User Gallery
Loc: Southeast
    #8143703 - 03/13/08 09:33 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Probably not LSD, or it is a minimal amount.

--------------------
"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness"
John Muir (1890)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag