Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship...
    #8115497 - 03/07/08 10:26 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

So my boyfriend and I have gone our separate ways after 1 yr and 10 months. We still feel for each other, but things are not the same. I still love him, but we're close enough that I sensed something wrong. He says he doesn't want this kind of relationship right now.

We did many psychedelics together, LSD, mushrooms, salvia, etc.

We have decided to just break up for now, and in 2 weeks come back and talk. See how things are.

Today he proposed to me the idea that we take the MDA/MDMA pills that we bought a while ago prior to talking. I'm kinda unsure about this. I know MDMA had been used in marital therapy prior to its banning, but I'm also just nervous that we'll just end up fucking. And I don't want that when apparently there are are some glaring problems.

Help? Tips? Anyone?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: trashion]
    #8115528 - 03/07/08 10:35 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

MDMA has nothing to do with your relationship. Do it on a sober mind. Eating ecstasy will most likely lead to sex... could not also. Either way it still has nothing to do with you guys talking and i don't see how it would help in talking. It would be a drug experience before talking. Just see what happens in the course of those two weeks and see how guys feel when you actually go talk with him about it,

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Offlinebiggysmall
Stranger
Male

Loc: your moms bedroom
Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8115544 - 03/07/08 10:41 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

good sex can be a great medicine!

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: biggysmall]
    #8115645 - 03/07/08 11:17 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Oooh, this is a tough one. Personally, I think there's a possibility that it could help with resolving some issues that you have between you. It does tend to allow you to be more open with your feelings. But you would also need to keep in mind that it could give you a false sense of wellness within the relationship.

I would consider talking for an hour or two before taking anything. Maybe then you can take some rolls and see if that encourages anything else to come out. Then just hang out until you're both back to baseline and enjoy each others company. But agree to not have sex beforehand. I think having sex could cloud the issues more than the mdma would. Just my opinion.

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: truffleupagus]
    #8115679 - 03/07/08 11:28 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

truffle:
Good ideas. He just has A LOT of trouble expressing, processing, and getting out his feelings, and that's why we want to try this.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#8115693 - 03/07/08 11:33 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

I can be the same way.  He's not a virgo is he?

I wish you guys luck in figuring things out, whatever you decide to do.

Honestly, this sounds a lot like the kinda stuff I've been thru with my fiance.  Sometimes guys find somebody that's great for them in so many ways that it scares them.  Maybe they had always planned on playing the field but then they meet this one person and it changes everything.

Guys have it implanted in our dna that we're supposed to want to hump on everything we can get our hands on.  Sometimes we have to struggle with that.  But if you're really that important to him then he'll realize that sometimes you just need to make sacrifices.

I'm getting married in June.:grin:

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

#8115743 - 03/07/08 11:47 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

I'm a Virgo, haha. He's a Pisces.

Aw, congratulations! Wishing you the best in your marriage.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#8115771 - 03/07/08 11:57 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

My best friend's a pisces. They're difficult too...lol.

And thanks!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8115869 - 03/07/08 12:26 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

lol a really good thing for fixing relationships is ayahuasca or a brew of that nature. its possible E will help but it sounds more like there would just be alot of cuddling and sex. btw Pisces rule!

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinerushofblood
Stranger

Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: thedudenj]
    #8116325 - 03/07/08 02:55 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: rushofblood]
    #8117144 - 03/07/08 06:08 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

MDMA is extremely effective for becoming emotionally open interpersonally. I don't know of anything close. If you feel like being emotionally closed/fearful is an impedance to your communication, MDMA will definitely help circumvent it.

Only take a comfortable dose if you go that route, don't get blasted- that can interfere with communication due to intensity alone.

MDMA is an extremely effective communication tool, but it comes with the price of almost unavoidable emotional interconnection. If you still decide to part after the experience, it may be more painful- even if you both have more perspective on the situation.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineAchilles
Lost and Found
Male
Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8117248 - 03/07/08 06:37 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

stop using drugs to solve yor problems.

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: Achilles]
    #8117312 - 03/07/08 06:58 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Hey, that's a fucked up assumption!

Let me rephrase what I wanted: I don't think any drug will solve any problem, I just want it to help open the passageways of exchange.

Dave (the boy in question) has a lot of problems opening up and sharing his feelings. He's very bad at expressing how he feels.

I've heard that MDMA is exceptionally good at transcending that barrier between words and feelings, and that's really what we need it for.

Thanks to those who actually are helping and giving good advice.

To all:
We're taking 1 pill each, it's MDMA/MDA, stamped with a "G" on one side and silhouette of a woman on the other...you know that really stereotypical image...i wish i knew the name of it. Anyway I hope things work out.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#8117483 - 03/07/08 07:50 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Achilles said:

...interesting comment, do continue?

lol

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinerushofblood
Stranger

#8117647 - 03/07/08 08:41 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

trashion said:you know that really stereotypical image...i wish i knew the name of it.

mudflap girl? haha, good luck to the both of you!

OfflineBlargIAmDead
Shroom Samurai
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: rushofblood]
    #8117718 - 03/07/08 09:00 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

So if one of the problems is that Dave has problems communicating his feelings then wouldn't taking MDMA just be a short term solution and not a cure? MDMA won't suddenly make him more open or allow you to see each others problems more clearly. It'll get lots of shit out in the open if that's what the problem is but it won't suddenly BURST open the dams that have been built through all of your lives. The dams will be rebuilt when you come down and now you just have lots of awkwardness between you because you don't know if you fixed these problems or the drugs fixed them. I would say that if you can't have a candid conversation with him then it's not meant to be. *Shurg* Surry.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #8117887 - 03/07/08 10:02 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

BlargIAmDead said:
So if one of the problems is that Dave has problems communicating his feelings then wouldn't taking MDMA just be a short term solution and not a cure? MDMA won't suddenly make him more open or allow you to see each others problems more clearly.

Actually that's exactly what it will do. It will grant a temporary window of good communication opportunity so that points of view may be exchanged without defensiveness getting in the way.

I seriously hope the poster isn't looking for a drug to fuse their brain chemistry into an emotionally open state... That wasn't my impression.

Quote:

It'll get lots of shit out in the open if that's what the problem is but it won't suddenly BURST open the dams that have been built through all of your lives.

Actually, that's kind of exactly what it would do.

Although I doubt these two individuals are trying to express early childhood issues to one another...

Quote:

The dams will be rebuilt when you come down and now you just have lots of awkwardness between you because you don't know if you fixed these problems or the drugs fixed them. I would say that if you can't have a candid conversation with him then it's not meant to be. *Shurg* Surry.

Obviously there will be the question of whether or not they are able to stay open about the situation once the drugs have warn off. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

If it turns out they have the same problems once they have dedicated time to communicating, I would suggest they would have learned that they were not going to succeed... that's sort of the point, for them to have a chance to see things differently, and to see if the gained perspective is what they needed or not.

I would only recommend MDMA for couples who are emotionally mature, not for couples who are concerned about feeling awkward when they share with one another. Even for very emotionally mature people, sometimes circumstances can make it very difficult to communicate, if this is the case then MDMA may be a good opportunity.

But I will re-emphasize that it is a trade off. MDMA will allow you to increase your ability to communicate, but it will stimulate you to be closer emotionally. If it still turns out that a break up is in order, it may be more emotionally painful, even if the gained perspective makes the decision clearer.

Blarg: have you ever used MDMA? Just curious.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

OfflineGumballs
Stranger
    #8117980 - 03/07/08 10:42 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Achilles said:

Tell that to the US population on prescription meds and alcohol.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: Gumballs]
    #8118111 - 03/07/08 11:26 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Just note that back when MDMA was used therapeutically it was not in the doses that people take to get high off MDMA.

But aside from that, I would suggest taking a dose that they would've used back in the day. Don't let yourself use this as an oppurtunity to get horny and fuck. Take an amount that will be a HELP, not an excuse.

Good luck! I'm a pisces in a rocky relationship of 9 months right now.

--------------------
So it goes.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Using Ecstasy as therapy for broken relationship... [Re: Gumballs]
    #8118140 - 03/07/08 11:31 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

eh i would say why not? i don't think it could hurt. honestly though i would imagine psychedelics would give you both a greater honesty, or perhaps an honesty that extends beyond the present moment? i always kind of saw mdma as falsely stimulating good emotions, which may not bring you truth.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies