Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejgodoyle2
Stranger
Unsterile Spores
    #8103208 - 03/04/08 08:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I just posted a topic concerning harvesting spores from shrooms. Two gracious users told me that I could try to use the dust at the bottom of the bag, but if it did contain spores they would probably be contaminated. What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that even if the spores are viable, the shrooms that grow from them will be toxic or host to other organisms such as mold, or that contaminated spores are unusable and will not grow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleElementium
Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Unsterile Spores [Re: jgodoyle2]
    #8103356 - 03/04/08 08:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It means that when you harvest the spores at the bottom of the bag, not only will you be gathering cubensis spores, but you'll also be gathering spores and individuals from other, undesirable organisms.

This becomes an issue when you introduce those harvested spores to your growth medium, as not only will you be cultivating cubensis, but you'll also be growing the other organisms present that find your substrate to their taste.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Unsterile Spores [Re: Elementium]
    #8104365 - 03/05/08 01:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I also posted a in your first thread (that should have been used for any further questions about that topic so no other thread had to be opened but anyway...), though you didn't seem to have read it lately...

You wasn't told to use the powder on the bottom of the bag, but scrape off some spores directly from the caps, with a razor blade.)

You get anything but contams when you use the black powder from the bottom!

It's not likely for you to succeed, no matter what tek you use, but IF you feel you must do it, go for the razor blade thing.

The answer sounds somewhat pissy, it's not meant to sound like this.

But take this advise before you go any further.

Use this:

Search Function

It really helps you, for all of your questions have already been answered!

Have fun! :thumbup:

Offlinejgodoyle2
Stranger
Re: Unsterile Spores [Re: Fahkface]
    #8106186 - 03/05/08 01:41 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to order some prints before I begin my journey into mushroom cultivation.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Unsterile Spores [Re: jgodoyle2]
    #8106275 - 03/05/08 02:05 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Would be a lot easier and once you've started you can gather many other spores by trading.

So keep posting and growing and keep us updated :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order