Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineofzeroconcern
Mindflayer

Loc: Aurora
FC DONE! No more work besides waiting/harvesting, and extra dunks. Some Final Questions
    #8104986 - 03/05/08 06:42 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

Anyway, everything should be all fine. I have my FC completely done, filled with damp perlite, cakes dunked and rolled, then misted the whole FC.

Only been in for less than an hour. Temp is at 64 F, and humidity is at 80-85%. Hopefully both will rise in the next few hours. Have my room heater on and gonna be misting about once an hour.

Onto the actual questions...

My fridge may be a bit colder than normal, cakes were ice cold (not frozen, they just felt that way). This probably isn't bad, is it?

Some loose perlite grains are touching the cakes, should I change?

I read on here that it's better to have the cakes verm side down... that is, the original verm layer which was on top in the jars, now goes upsidedown onto the foil/lids. Is this true? Does it not matter? Or am I gonna end up with shrooms growing down, pushing the cake up and burrowing into perlite?

Thanks.

--------------------
"Who can see the future? Those who create it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: FC DONE! No more work besides waiting/harvesting, and extra dunks. Some Final Questions [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #8104994 - 03/05/08 06:47 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

You want to get rid of the original verm layer on top of the jar and replace it just in case any contams landed in the top layer verm.
And the shrooms will grow towards the light so dont worry about flipping them.
hope this helps out a lil bit.
Peace

Offlineofzeroconcern
Mindflayer

Re: FC DONE! No more work besides waiting/harvesting, and extra dunks. Some Final Questions [Re: creekfreek]
    #8104999 - 03/05/08 06:49 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

Oh, I know. I did remove the verm layer as much as possible, dumped it off, rubbed as much as I could, then rinsed with misted/sprayed water and rubbed off some more. There was still a dark brown layer that I couldn't completely get off, I didn't want to rub too hard or too much and damgage. But it's still there, and I currently have those sides down, with the white end (formerly the bottoms of the jars) up.

--------------------

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: FC DONE! No more work besides waiting/harvesting, and extra dunks. Some Final Questions [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #8105092 - 03/05/08 07:58 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

sounds great. misting every hour may be a little much. just make sure before you mist that all the droplets from the previous mist has evaporated or absorbed into the cakes.

Offlineofzeroconcern
Mindflayer

Re: FC DONE! No more work besides waiting/harvesting, and extra dunks. Some Final Questions [Re: norml840]
    #8105138 - 03/05/08 08:21 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

I heard you are supposed to mist every hour just on the first day. After that I plan to mist 1 - 3 times a day.

--------------------

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #8105159 - 03/05/08 08:29 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

well i guess that would be ok.  i do remember now that you are supposed to get that verm layer nice and damp.  :goodluck:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies