Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread
    #8102137 - 03/04/08 04:38 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

As of right now Obama, Hillary, and Ron Paul are all at 0%... polls close in a few hours (though OH polls, at least, stay open till the people in line at closing vote, which can be hours in the more incompetent precincts)

Who will win?

I believe the consensus is Obama takes TX, Hillary takes OH, and Ron Paul... well.. sticks it out.

I wonder if Paul will be helped or hurt compared to other states by the close democratic race. I could see Republicans switching to the Dem side to vote for someone... thus increasing the impact of the Paul voters, who I presume won't be swayed as easily.... we'll see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: johnm214]
    #8102199 - 03/04/08 04:52 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

There's a lot of signs that Hillary might take Ohio, but I'm going to be ballsy and say that Obama will let the bitch die tonight and will take both. :headbang:

I hadn't heard that about Ohio, but I think results from Vermont should start coming in at 6 central, Ohio at 6:30, Texas at 7, and Rhode Island at 8.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8102268 - 03/04/08 05:07 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Hopefully Kucinich and Ron Paul can hold their congressional seats. :smile:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8102346 - 03/04/08 05:21 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Paul looks solid in the primary, and I believe the democrats are hopeless in that district.

I beilieve he had somehting like a twenty to fifteen point lead as of late February

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: johnm214]
    #8102356 - 03/04/08 05:23 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

When I realized it was tonight and I read on politico that he was unlikely to be unseated, I thought to his emails that made the situation sound positively dire. Apparently Kucinich is facing some backlash for his Presidental bid, which makes no sense to me. :shrug:

Also, exit polls have shown Obama to have taken Vermont! :thumbup:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8102393 - 03/04/08 05:31 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Also, fuck face took the Republican side, not that anyone cares. :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8102744 - 03/04/08 06:44 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

He's kicking her ass by 100,000 votes in Texas so far, 58% to 41%. She's leading in Ohio, 62% to 36%, but there is only a difference of like 4000 votes, and the counties that have began reporting are almost all up North. Of course, less than 1% of precints are reporting for both states.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8103146 - 03/04/08 08:09 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I've been listening to newsweek.com's live online coverage, and by the sounds of it, Obama's campaign is about ready to pull off the gloves if its really what Hillary wants, for example, something about Bill Clinton meeting his Kazak mining friend in Toronto.... :smirk:

:borat:

It looks like Obama will win Texas, Clinton will take Ohio, Vermont and Rhode Island already got split between them. The delegate count will stay the same. Where is she going to take the campaign, especially if Obama's campaign begins to hit her punch-for-punch on the negative front? What about her tax returns, for example?

Anyways, yeah, its not over but it should be fun. :hehehe:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8103247 - 03/04/08 08:33 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

50 to 49 percent in Texas. It should end up close.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: Redstorm]
    #8103252 - 03/04/08 08:34 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Update: 49 to 49 percent.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: Redstorm]
    #8103315 - 03/04/08 08:47 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I still think he'll slide through and win Texas, or, at the very least, take the caucus. She's definitely going to take Ohio with a double digit margin. Apparently the Clinton campaign alleged on a conference call that there has been some misconduct with the Texas caucus and they might present a lawsuit (I guess Obama's lawyer was in on the call and started fighting with Wolfson :lol:).

I think the race will get very interesting after this. I think what we're seeing/will see is that Obama has taken an initial hit in the last week to two with all of the criticism he has received, but I think you'll see him shift from that a little bit and really, like I said earlier, take off the gloves and respond to it much harder. It is, of course, possible that she'll be able to make a case for her campaign, but the only thing that will really matter is how he handles it in response going forward.

Either way, Hillary's victories tonight are merely psychological.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8103527 - 03/04/08 09:27 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

You know, I don't know about Obama, really.  I prefer him to Hillary, as he has at least some consistancy and principle, where she has none, zip ,zero, and then brags about her positions that are totally contrary to her record.  I don't know how you can vote for her.

In other news, when at the polls today, I heard some fifty something lady embarrass democracy in a crowded room.

"Please state your name
-Jane Doe
May I see your I.D.?
Ok, Republican or Democrat
- What?
Are you Republican or Democrat?
- What's it matter?
You have to pick one
-Now?
Yes, you only get one ballott
-Democrat I guess
"
:foreheadslap:

Now how do you live to be fifty and not know how primaries work?  You should have seen the look on people's faces...  And I swear people are writing a thesis in their.  There were two contested issues on the Republican ballott, Pres, and Delegate... Not hard.  I wonder if those folks were agonizing over whether to vote for the unopposed candidate or not?  Some people seriously took like five minutes to cast their two votes.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8103542 - 03/04/08 09:30 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Before I make my way towards bed, in advance of any Obama-bashing :smirk:, I'd like to conclude that, if anything, what tonight has done is, psychologically, placed both campaigns on pretty much an equal footing, and this might actually be an advantage in that it will give them the opportunity spar with each other on the matters that will most come into play in a national campaign agansit McCain, the Republican nominee. I think it is a great opportunity for Obama to see how he can compose himself after suffering a set-back after being tested, and I think this test was absolutely necessary to see if he can rise to the occasion and perservere. If she does manage to capitalize on this (all dependent on the ability of him to effectively respond, which is a test of the skills he needs to lead the country in a crisis, exactly what she has questioned... its interesting how reality works like that :smirk:), and keep taking it and seizes the nomination, then its just as well because she's the more suitable candidate.

At first the prospect of eight more weeks of campaigning was seeming pretty damned undesireable, but I think its the best thing that could happen. Its almost like having three near-equally strong national candidates :lol: (like the editor of the Washington Post said, its good for democracy, good for the press, and good for those who like to follow this stuff :hehehe:). It'll be interesting to watch this play out. :sherlock:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8103563 - 03/04/08 09:34 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
You know, I don't know about Obama, really.  I prefer him to Hillary, as he has at least some consistancy and principle, where she has none, zip ,zero, and then brags about her positions that are totally contrary to her record.  I don't know how you can vote for her.

Well, all of his good qualities have gotten him this far, and she's acting as the great test for him as to whether or not he can lead through, well, calling it a crisis would seem like a bit much, but its clearly a great setback to his campaign. I think he can do it - he needed this to be able to demonstrate before facing McCain that he can perform under pressure. Perhaps he can't, but all will be seen. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8103569 - 03/04/08 09:34 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

kinda trailed off there... I was saying that around here, there is alot of folks calling talk radio and talking about Husein Obama, and how they think al Quaeda sent him in as a sleeper to seize power.... or how he's going to try to turn america into a muslim state...

People are fucking crazy.

I just wonder what the gen election would be like with him. Would enough blacks be motivated to get off their asses and vote to offset the radical redneck backlash voter? Who knows...

Its just sad its even a contest between Hillary and Obama... Hillary is like Obama, but everything they campaign on, she has historically been 180 degrees removed from in her votes

And what the fuck... Huckabee got way too many votes in Ohio... But then their were pretty small numbers of Republicans voting relative to Dems, so maybe the guys sitting in their bunkers talking to Jesus on their shortwave radio were the only ones motivated enough to still come out an vote for the only other guy besides The Savior who hasn't withdrawn (though they were all on teh ballott anyways I think...)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8103595 - 03/04/08 09:42 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Half the votes are in for Texas and Obama's holding onto a good 1% lead yet.

For all of the spin we'll find coming from her campaign that she's turned it around and that they are really beginning to question his abilities and all of that shit, weren't these states that, just a couple of weeks ago, she was leading in the polls by twenty points? Isn't the Latino votes and the demographics of Ohio her strongest suits? She might have brought a good margin in Ohio, but Texas is razor-thin. If this is all the better she could do, its not enough, and unless he fails to really rise to the occasion, it'll go to the superdelegates, and the perception is pretty clear that they will back the will of the people.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineblackegg
...has left the building.
Male User Gallery

#8103744 - 03/04/08 10:21 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I think she'll win by a much higher margin than 1% in Texas.
Believe me there will be *very few* Obama supporters waiting three to four hours for that caucus to end.

...and what a clusterfuck that was.

It was mainly rich old white ladies loudly discussing "Hillary's Position on Immigration"and "Hillary's Position on The Budget" and "Hillary's Position on Birth Control" etc....for three freaking hours in an elementary cafeteria!

Also Clinton had supporters all over San Antonio and Austin this last week.

Everywhere I went I saw several vocal, sign waving Clinton supporters.

Aside from that wonderfully funny "Viva Obama" song...I saw three (3) Obama supporters this whole last week.
I must've seen 14-18 for Clinton.

BAH!

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: blackegg]
    #8103943 - 03/04/08 11:02 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Funny, here in Ohio I've seen at least 10 Obama supporters for each Clinton supporter, but Clinton will probably still take the state. :shrug:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: phi1618]
    #8104208 - 03/05/08 12:13 AM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Ohio voters always manage to disappoint me.

They fucked over the Dems in 04 too.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Hillary and Obama Neck and Neck so far... (0vs0%) Official OH/TX Primary results thread [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8104247 - 03/05/08 12:28 AM (16 years, 28 days ago)

uughh...for the sake of humanity NOOOOOO!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder