Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: post your DANK!!! [Re: lpophire]
    #8146830 - 03/14/08 05:22 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

I've grown my fair share of plants and never noticed anything like what you're talking about.

Curing is not hydrolysis... where are you getting this from? The whole point of curing is to rid of the excess water molecules left over after the initial drying.

Scwhag gives you a headache when you accidentally smoke a seed.

CBD is not inactive. It may not get you HIGH, but that doesn't mean it's inactive.

Also, where are you getting this information about THC degrading into "more stable cannabinoids" from?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8146902 - 03/14/08 05:49 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

i think what he meant is that the chemicals arent inert, which saying that they are inactive implies through connotation
it was mostly a semantic comment

all of the cannabinoids have their own effects as well as synergistic effects on each other, its just that by itsself, thc is the only one that will get u high without another chemical being present

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: post your DANK!!! [Re: MorphMan]
    #8147006 - 03/14/08 06:28 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

hey, i read this same thing, when the pistils turn red, that's the best time to harvest, the plant will start creating cbn, or cannibanol or whatever it's called, although it will also keep increasing it's thc content, i guess a lot of it will also break down into cbn, this is true.

don't know why you think it isn't. overcuring can definately ruin your bud, i didn't know if it was because the thcs broke down into stable cannibanols or just broke down, but yeah if it gets too dry it loses potency.

oh well..... peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: post your DANK!!! [Re: imachavel]
    #8148363 - 03/15/08 02:30 AM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Here's a couple close-ups from some recent batches:

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: post your DANK!!! [Re: PoC]
    #8148377 - 03/15/08 02:41 AM (16 years, 17 days ago)

i was gonna ask thc stoned what strain that is, but... i might as well ask pattern of chaos while i'm at it, what strains are those?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

#8149682 - 03/15/08 02:14 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

lpophire is right on the dot, although I'm not so sure about cbn and cbd's being inactive, they are synergestic with thc and will affect the outcome.

if you've grown a lot you should notice this. the clearer the trichomes, the more the thc. the longer you let it grow they start turning amber, which is a sign of more cbn and cbd.

clear trichomes = more "up" high, energetic
amber trichomes= more couch lock, sedated

as for getting headaches with schwag... that's bound to happen whether you smoke a seed or not. I'm not sure about the smoking a seed giving you a headache though, it could be a lot of things... lighting with a butane lighter will cause headaches.. schwag is commercial grown shit - full of chemicals, cracker dry, and wayyy higher leaf to calyxe ratio.. all of that will give you a killer head ache.

Offlinelpophire
Strangler
Re: post your DANK!!! [Re: Divinatory]
    #8149946 - 03/15/08 03:19 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

don't know why i said hydrolysis; i think i was thinking about making poorly-cured bud better, which takes hydrolysis. My mistake.

Divinatory's right about schwag - there's any number of things that could give you a headache. Smoking seeds is just stupid though; there's no THC in the seeds. Might as well take them out.

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

#8150022 - 03/15/08 03:42 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

bought to pick up some blueberry :smile:
I'll post pics later

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8150372 - 03/15/08 05:25 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

lpophire said:
don't know why i said hydrolysis; i think i was thinking about making poorly-cured bud better, which takes hydrolysis. My mistake.

Divinatory's right about schwag - there's any number of things that could give you a headache. Smoking seeds is just stupid though; there's no THC in the seeds. Might as well take them out.

water curing, im gonna try that after i grow my first crop, considering wwhite rhino

--------------------
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: post your DANK!!! [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8150885 - 03/15/08 07:24 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

you're going to be growing white rhino? niiiice... sounds like a good strain, huh?

check this out, what's the deal with regs? i mean, i've actually smoked some fire regs before, i know that sounds crazy if you say that to a major trainwreck smoking chronic head, but seriously, it was still regs, but powerful in itself i guess for being regs. I know that the trick to strong thc and all that is growing sinsemella, female plants without males. but still, the type of strain you use can definately effect the plants right?

the first cannabis i ever grew was from some regs seeds, i never found it if it was a female or not, but it looked like fuckin shit. What would happen if you let trainwreck seed up, you'd have some bad ass regs, right? and not only that, but fuck you'd have like 2000 seeds or some shit, that would be bad. If i ever moved somewhere where weed was legal, i'd just fuckin buy like 10 of my favorite strains, and the first batch i'd just let fuckin seed itself to death, alright, so you have a bunch of regs, i'd make hash oil and fuckin smoke a fuckin regs fest, every half joint i had i'd fuckin throw in a bowl with some fuckin hash, shit, get like 50,000 seeds, let them fuckin grow and THEN cut out all the males... fuck, maybe they'd all blend together, but that sounds pretty bad, right? i mean, you wouldn't smoke a trainwreck maple leaf juicy fruit california orange sour ny deisel g-13 jack herrer ak-48 white widow white rhino brazil maui columbia gold strain? shit..... i'd smoke my backyard = right to the head

--------------------

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8151095 - 03/15/08 08:23 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
you're going to be growing white rhino? niiiice... sounds like a good strain, huh?

yup, from what ive heard its noting short of psychedelic, and thats exactly what im after

im keeping my eye on lowlife's seeds on doc chronic cause hes supposed to be releasing an autoflowering white rhino with his next batch of seeds

--------------------
-----

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#8151657 - 03/15/08 10:11 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

shit, do those autoflowering strains really work? i was growing some bubblegum, and in under a foot it had budded as much as it possibly could for the size it was, i think i got even less than a gram from each plant considering how small it was, but will it really flower in the middle of the summer or something?

i'd probably rather just buy some white widow from nirvana shop seeds for 25-35 euros and be cheaper about it, unless lowlife is supposed to have really cheap seeds as well.....

--------------------

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8151754 - 03/15/08 10:40 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

i dont have enough tome/space/patience to make a 2 chambered grow room for my bud, so when i stumbled onto autoflowers i was happy, theyre grown just as well under flouros
they are supposed to be just as good as the original strains smokewise, cause they are crossed to lowryder than stabilized then crossed back to the original again as many times as lowlife and S_a_H see fitting, then restabilized again
(commercial over) :foreheadslap:

i just think its convenient not to have to deal with photoperiods
the average yield per plant is about 12-18g, ive heard of up to 2 ounces before, i would never expect anything more than 1 oz
im not a heavy smoker and i can just grow these when its convenient without having to set up a specialized grow op

lowlife has a section over on hg420 if u wanna do some more reading on it

--------------------
-----

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8151828 - 03/15/08 11:06 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

lpophire said:

Curing won't cause any hydrolysis, but it does drive decarboxylation of inactive THCA to active THC.

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#8151863 - 03/15/08 11:17 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zinglons Acolyte said:
i dont have enough tome/space/patience to make a 2 chambered grow room for my bud, so when i stumbled onto autoflowers i was happy, theyre grown just as well under flouros
they are supposed to be just as good as the original strains smokewise, cause they are crossed to lowryder than stabilized then crossed back to the original again as many times as lowlife and S_a_H see fitting, then restabilized again
(commercial over) :foreheadslap:

i just think its convenient not to have to deal with photoperiods
the average yield per plant is about 12-18g, ive heard of up to 2 ounces before, i would never expect anything more than 1 oz
im not a heavy smoker and i can just grow these when its convenient without having to set up a specialized grow op

lowlife has a section over on hg420 if u wanna do some more reading on it

wait, so there's a chance whatever i'm growing is crossed with lowryder? i don't think so though, because it would've reached it's maximum height and budded all the way, it doesn't look like it budded to it's maximum, i'd actually be really interested in lowryder, i know you can get an ounce from each plant, and they only take up so much space, so you could grow 20 lowryders in a small area, and get all that bud, i'd prefer something taller though, so you could get maybe 2 ounces from each plant... well, peace

--------------------

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8151899 - 03/15/08 11:29 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

well stick to lowryde hybrids if you do decide to do so, i dont have a clue about your bubblegum, but the original lowryder was a bit unstabe traitwise and its not the best smoke around
thats what the hybrids were meant for, its a relatively small niche, but ive heard nothing but positive things about it

were u growing that bubblegum from seeds?

--------------------
-----

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#8152274 - 03/16/08 02:01 AM (16 years, 16 days ago)

oh, that's fuckin badass, yeah, so they could clone a pure sativa like haze with a pure indica like lowryder, and turn that shit into a bad ass plant, but instead of it getting only 1 foot, it could get 1 1/2 to 3 feet or something, giving you a short bushy sativaish high or something, that is nice as shit...

this bubblegum, damn i'd say it was like trainwreck, but i'm sure that's an extreme exaggeration, anyway it was 2 seeds my freind gave me, he found them while smoking, planted them, they turned into 2 nice plants, and there's SOME buds, actually the plant is COMPLETELY budding, but there's only some buds because the plants are small. This shit REEKS though, and god i could tell you i swear it smells like bubblegum, really nice strain, only it's growing really slow, had some blackfly though and almost died... so shit, i don't know. it's a keeper for sure!

i've always wanted to try that nirvana special strain from nirvana-shop.com, it looks extremely nice, i'm suprised it hasn't won a cannabis cup, maybe no one's entered it. And it's only like 30 euros, instead of paying 120 usd or something for nyc deisel(which looks like a bad ass as fuck strain, but whatever), you could pay whatever 30 euros is for a strain of equal quality Anyway....

take it easy man.. hit me back up, always interested in hearing about this shit.....

--------------------

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

#8152317 - 03/16/08 02:24 AM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Hey bro, if you grew from an original Bubblegum seed or cutting, then it's definitely not crossed with a lowryder.. it would be a Sensi Seed hybrid of Northern Lights #5 and Big Skunk, there may be a possibility that you just got that random autoflower gene... it happens. How tall is the plant, and how long has it been in flower? Are you growing in a pot or in the ground? If it's in a pot it could just be too small and you have a stunted plant (the bigger the root system, the bigger the plant), there's a lot of factors that could explain why it's not as big as you expected.

And yea, I agree with zinglons, don't grow lowryder, it's no better than schwag in my opinion, even if grown to perfection... It has that nasty ruderalis taste and high, like ditch weed, yuck. If you want 100% autoflowering plants that can compete with top quality strains definitely go with Lowlife seeds, he's the leading man in auto's in my opinion, and he's got a lotttttt of goodies coming up this season!

Anyways, I decided to get some Trainwreck instead...
This is one of my all time favorite sativa's. It's delicious, and had me head rushin for 4 hours strong! I still have lingering afterglow effects now 7 hours later, mmmmm.

((click for higher resolution))

this is the inside of the headie, it's so gooey it really is yellow in the center:

InvisiblePsilobuds

Loc: Flag
    #8152372 - 03/16/08 03:39 AM (16 years, 16 days ago)

my little white russian i named frosty :heart:, shes almost ready :bongload:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3710/p3150014ps9.jpg

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: post your DANK!!! [Re: Psilobuds]
    #8152380 - 03/16/08 03:50 AM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Psilobuds said:
my little white russian i named frosty :heart:, shes almost ready :bongload:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3710/p3150014ps9.jpg

damn, frosty looks like she could fuck my ass up........

seriously though, if she starts some shit i'm gonna have to fuckin show her some shit...

I'M PLAYING BRO!!! DON'T TAKE IT SO SERIOUSLY!!!!! JEEZ... DUDE, you were about to stick up for your plant like i was really gonna wreck her shit or something....... man, relax, i love frosty and she loves me, that's why we're going away for a little awhile, to smoke heaven.. i appreciate you taking care of her and shit... you know, now it's time for us to leave.

no seriously though, that shit looks fuckin NICE... i'm thinking of growing some of that ak-47 lowlife shit, how long does it fuckin take to restock?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals