Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebla
Stranger
ending a trip
    #797440 - 08/05/02 08:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oki, I have searched the forum through for answers to my question, and have, indeed, found one thread that treats it. Anyway I figure I want some more info/opinions on the subject. So here goes:
(How) can you stop a bad trip ?

And I am not talking about the conventional tips such as "focus your mind on something positive", "change music", "tell yourself its only a drug", etc. Of course you try those when you feel your trip turns bad. And sometimes they help, BUT sometimes they really dont.
Anyway, I don't want to start a moralic discussion about whether or not it is right to try to bring a trip to an end using medicaments (I believe that both the psychological horror that one CAN be unfortunate enough to go through and the arising physical dangers (such as, in the worst case, attempted suicide) can be enough of a reason to end a tripp), I just want to discuss about how to do it.

Sooo ... do any of you have experience with this ? Did you ever use a medicament to come down from a trip ? And (how) did it work ? What doseage did you use, what medicament did you take, etc ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: ending a trip [Re: bla]
    #797458 - 08/05/02 08:30 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i hate to tell ya pal, but the only way to end a bad trip is to RIDE IT OUT. taking other drugs to sedate you *might* work, but it also might make it worse. the best way to fight a bad trip is to avoid having one in the first place. remember: set and setting are going to dictate about 75% of how your trip goes...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ending a trip *DELETED* [Re: bla]
    #797547 - 08/05/02 09:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by phrozendata

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinebla
Stranger
Re: ending a trip [Re: phrozendata]
    #797625 - 08/05/02 10:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yup, that was the thread I was refering to when I said that I had found one thread dealing with the topic. Xanax (or however those things are called) seem to have worked quite well for the guy in that case. Anyway, as akyouser_oner pointed out there is probably no guarantee that it will work as fine as that (or is there ?).

I mean ... basically I would assume that a sleeping pill will, by all means, calm you down and possibly make you fall asleep (duh) when tripping bad. I can't believe that it would make your trip worse than it already is (if you take such measures), but who knows ?
This is why I started this thread - to see and hear more opinions on this topic

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #797651 - 08/05/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I for one don't believe the Vitamin C theory. Vitamin C has always been used to increase the effects of psychedelics and it has only done that for me: improved the trips. Both on LSD and now shrooms. This past friday night I drank an entire half-gallon of OJ over the course of the trip and it kept it really strong the whole night.

Now according to Trip Meister, beta-carotine is supposed to help bring you down from psilocybin trips fast...and we had a bottle of V8 Splash here at my trip party last month...and it did indeed help bring my one friend down. It didn't stop her trip right away...but it removed the intensity of the trip within 20 minutes of drinking the V8 Splash. So as far as that goes...I believe the beta-carotine can help lessen the intensity of the trip's effects...but it didn't stop it entirely.

Peace,

Bop

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: bla]
    #797827 - 08/05/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinebla
Stranger
Re: ending a trip [Re: ]
    #798658 - 08/05/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well, something to lessen the trips intensity would also suffice. If the trip isn't too intense then a bad trip is ok (well its still not fun of course, but I can live with that), just at full intensity its too much.

Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
    #799689 - 08/06/02 09:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

well let's see:
there's OJ, beta-carotine, tylonol, chocolate, sedative, carrots, tomatos, brownies and big piles of dog shit. Why will they all work?

because if 75% a trip is setting and how happy you are then by eating/drinking anything you make yourself THINK that it will really stop you and as a result ur trip becomes happier/less intense.

In conclusion there is somethin to help you out: a PLACEBO

****** NOTE: this will prolly not work now that i've told u so sorry and ur on ur own :P ******

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #801384 - 08/07/02 01:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

NIACINAMIDE!!!

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflinekloK
ShRoOmEr!ShRoOmIn

Loc: La La Land
    #801432 - 08/07/02 02:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

just take more shrooms and then drink a bottle of cough syrup and smoke a joint then snort a line of coke then drop a square of acid and you shuld be fine j/k
try that tomato juice thing ive done it b4 it it helped come down from a intense trip i had

Offlinebla
Stranger
Re: ending a trip [Re: kloK]
    #801682 - 08/07/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I suppose, that, if you know that it doesn't really help then it won't, since the point in placebo effects is that u have to believe, that the medicament really WILL help you, and since I know that eating something doesnt REALLY help there wont be a placebo effect for me
About nicadamine: Well ... what substance is it ? And in which medicaments does it occur ?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #801970 - 08/07/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

niacin is vitamin B3 ( = nicotinic acid)
the amide form of the vitamin is niacinamide = nicotinamide
the amide form tends to not cause "flushing" (hot red skin due to extreme vasodilation of capillaries)
~
dr abram hoffer used B3 to treat mental patients (for schizophrenia)
googlesearchwords might include:
dr abram hoffer
niacin therapy
megavitamin therapy
orthomolecular psychiatry
hoffer osmund diagnostic (HOD)
~
niacin and niacinamide can be found in most pharmacies & healthfood stores
~
another form of niacin that does not tend to cause "flushing" is inositol hexanicotinate...
~
ymmv, but i think that something more than placebo effect is happening with niacinamide...
~
dr hoffer has written several books on living with schizophrenia, using vitamins to treat various mental illnesses, etc...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (08/08/02 01:04 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: ending a trip [Re: gnrm23]
    #803643 - 08/07/02 11:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Niacinamide is great to diminish the intensity of a particularly bad one BUT...

It's my experience that in the first 15-30minutes the intensity gets STRONGER, way stronger, before it diminishes. I suspect Niacin (Nicotinic ACID) will add a tremendous boost in effect first, because it dilates brain bloodvessels & this usually intensifies things. For people coping with psychosis there might be benefit in a dose of 100-300mg 3 times a day, but never more as too much B-3 tends to cause reversible but real liverproblems.

100mg Niacinamide is about as potent as 1-2mg of Diazepam (Valium) and a great dose would be 100-500mg. I won't recommend more but you may go as high as 1.000mg in two doses. Remember: your Bad one gets worse before it gets better, generally. I hereby recommend my thread "Everybody Read This! Psychedelics and Benzo's" right here in TripTips.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinebla
Stranger
Re: ending a trip [Re: Asante]
    #803997 - 08/08/02 06:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hm well .. then its only semi-satisfying ... since u probably already have quite a bad tripp if u decide u need to end it, so having it pushed up even more is definitely not what u will want to have.
How about Valium itself ? I guess that would work, but well ... first of all one would have to be VERY catefull about the dose and second I don't think its that easy to get valium ("hey doctor, I'd like to go shrooming tonight, would u be so kind and give me some of your valium in case anything goes wrong?" ).

Offlinebla
Stranger
    #804060 - 08/08/02 06:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, wow, just read that Benzo thread
Really sounds very much like what I've been looking for, thx for the info man :-)

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #804083 - 08/08/02 07:09 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thorizine will end a trip immidiatly if injected. It the stuff they will give you at the hospital if your stupid enough to call 911/999.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #804658 - 08/08/02 12:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Trying to end a trip is like if you were in a roller coaster that is in full motion and you would try to convince the operator to stop the whole thing, just because you don' t enjoy the ride.

You can yell as loud as you want, the operator won 't hear you at all
So, just sit back , relax, it will go by.

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Edited by Ini (08/08/02 12:08 PM)

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
Re: ending a trip [Re: Ini]
    #810094 - 08/11/02 02:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

see wiccan's discussion of psychedelic/benzo combinations. When a trip gets raunchy, do not hesitate to bring it to a close. A little scary/unfamiliar is one thing, totally losing it is another. Beyond a certain point, pain and confusion are nothing more or better than pain and confusion. If you keep some chill meds on hand, you'll be more comfortable because you'll know you can cool it down if you need to.
I normally take either 100 mg. of dilantin or 100 mg. of neurontin after hour 5, more or less, because there's rarely any value in stewing around in the afterburn.
If you have somke unresolved emotional issues, like you're trying to figure out if you are gay or not, or you came from an abusive family, that's going to keep coming up every time you trip. Seems like tripping reverses all the emotional defenses... the more you try to shove stuff down the more it insists on rising to the surface.
On the other hand, you could be experiencing plain old neurotoxicity or cognitive overload.
Either way, a good med to stabilize the situation is no shame

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
Re: ending a trip [Re: dendritic44]
    #810487 - 08/11/02 08:11 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry, dendritic44, but I don' t agree at all!

If someone chooses to trip on shrooms, in my opinion, he/she has to take the whole thing. Not just to pick the chocolates out of the cake.
If you supress the negative feelings that might come to the surface on a shroom trip, they will come up again and again.

I have accompanied so many peoples on their trips. I saw them laughing, crying, pukeing, fainting, freaking out, peeing in their pants , experiencing their personal enlightment, going through their personal hell, and so on.

I never had a calming med at hands, I just made sure we were in a save environement with enough sober or at least experienced people to keep a freak down. But I' m also allways aware of the fact, that something real bad can happen and bring severe damage to one of the trippers. But life itself also has no safety belt.

Until now, no accident happened ( knock on wood!).
Many of the people I accompanied tripped only once and will never do it again.

I don' t like these chemical things. They are not produced to bring benefit to the people, but to bring money to some enterprise' s chiefs. And they are tested on animals and poor human beings-eeek!

there's rarely any value in stewing around in the afterburn .
???The coming down to me is quite agreeable, specialy if the trip was hard. Slowly letting slip all the effects while the morning comes is very peacefull, I don' t know what you mean with "stewing around in the afterburn"?

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
Re: ending a trip [Re: Ini]
    #810606 - 08/11/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

maybe we should compare what the initiating substances were (are) , the dosage levels, and the context (beautiful redwood forest, ashram full of Rajhneesh people,
Esalen hot tubs, ghetto in the summertime, 15th floor of condominium ?) as well as the purpose (deep inner exploration, getting ripped, boredom relief ?)... as well as the stage of life development the subject is in the midst of

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates