Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: PsilosKube]
    #813038 - 08/12/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I had 8g of dried cubensis once. Hardly had any visuals beyond a lot of breathing in the walls. Couldn't think rationally for a good 6 hours, then tried to go to sleep and started having very nice OEV's in the dark. Lots of bright colored lines and such. The whole trip lasted at least 8 hours, maybe 9.

I'd do more, and will sometime. It's an insane trip if you like it intense.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: trendal]
    #813283 - 08/12/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

5g dried cubes. Kinda weird expirence, not good, not bad. I just kinda sat in the corner for a long long long time my friends said HEH

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #813320 - 08/12/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I did ten grams once, mind you, the day before a plane trip (you'd expect the anxiety of terorist bombings would have rubbed off onto my trip)
But no... It was very intense, nothing I'd declare a bad trip...
And in the end, my best words to some it all up would be, "No Biggie"

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #818020 - 08/15/02 12:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

my friend and i once split an ounce (was suposed to be devided by three, but the other flaked out) it was intense, but i liked it! we tried to watch pink floyds the wall, but more times than not we found that the real wall was much more interesting. the one thing i noticed more on this trip than any other ive had was the exateration of time.....man it went by slow, i remember we were really tripping on the time at one point that night- we sat in front of a clock for about 45 min..... seemed like hours

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #818059 - 08/15/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I can answer this one. For me, several years of tripping allowed me to be comfortable tripping alone, as I trust myself way more than the emotions of others. This allows me to take a ton at one time when I am fully ready to take on everything or give into anything presented to me. Be at peace with yourself and know yourself, a small dose trip can be just as enjoyable, "but" someone here said once you cross the 6gram barrier things start to become very different. Egoloss is something I enjoy but gettting there and comming back are as hellish as sitting down and chewing 8grams of mushrooms.....Anyway being ready and not being affraid not being very affraid is comforting....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: egolesss]
    #955745 - 10/12/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I feel the same way you do.

Play by play...

Quality has a lot to do with a trip. Although the linked trip sounds like a lot, the quality of the trip was low.

Set and setting are critical.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: egolesss]
    #956097 - 10/13/02 12:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Some people can dose upwards of 7 grams.
Some people can eat a bowl of fresh Jalape?o peppers.
Some people can run five marathons without resting.

Well said. i myself have a very high tolerance, dunno if it has anything to do with all the cid i ate in my younger years, but i can eat the shit out of shrooms.

about a month ago, before i went "legal" i finished up the last i had with a friend. I ate 2/3 more than him, with no visuals, no walls breathing, just a good easy buzz, probably maybe a strong 2. my buddy on the other hand when peaking, got catanonic. he just set there with his eyes closed, and every once in awhile, grunted ( lol no shit, was funny as hell) , even when he came down, he saw the curtains breathing, tracers etc. and this was on a third of what i ate.

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: Learyfan]
    #956311 - 10/13/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you shoose better mushrooms than cubensis

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #956339 - 10/13/02 02:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Better as in you don't have to eat as much to get the same effects, or better as in the trip itself is better?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: zeta]
    #956354 - 10/13/02 03:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

both.
Then it takes less imagination for people's posts here.
I doubt anyone could eat 7 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens properly weighed - you would be institutionalised... Four grams broke me in every sweet way...There was no up or down or right and wrong - there was no existence no world or time - just myriad patterns forever....

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#956369 - 10/13/02 03:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That sounds amazing.
Would azurescens mess you up even more?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: zeta]
    #959112 - 10/14/02 04:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

From all reports azures are hard on the body. Ive never tried them myself, but lesser woodloving psilocybes are incredible and unique mushrooms

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #959401 - 10/14/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nah, after a certain level you don't trip any harder. The brain only has so many receptors. After around 3-5 grams there's no increase in intensity the trip just lasts a little longer because there's more of it floating round in your system.

This idea that if you took a massive dose of a psychedelic you would become deranged is just urban myth. Tim Leary said he experimented with giving people massive doses and unless you told them they never knew if it was a large dose or a standard 300-500 microgram dose. Of course telling people they are taking a big dose is likely to make people think they have tripped harder but it's just placebo effect.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: Xlea321]
    #965317 - 10/16/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Despite the level of the dosage of either substance the length or duration of the experience is never increased - it is a blanket length despite the dosage.

--------------------

OfflineTreeCulture
Mushroomenthusiast
Loc: Pennsylvania
    #965478 - 10/16/02 08:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Genetic variability in both the man and the mushroom could account for differences in doses required (or tolerable) by any given individual. Also, depending on the spcies/strain, the environmental or growing factors could result in variable concentrations of "chemicals" in any given batch...

--------------------
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

OfflineBitchCakes
The captain ofouter space

Loc: Sea Attole
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: TreeCulture]
    #967040 - 10/16/02 07:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

5 grams is my limit. Any more than that and the experience is just..well..unpleasant. I almost always take 1.5-2 grams as my standard dose. Enough to be fun, get some good visuals, and still have time for some introspective thinking. Everyone is different I s'pose

--------------------
-I'm a dork-

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams [Re: PsilosKube]
    #968339 - 10/17/02 07:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Responses on this thread surprised me a bit

Personally I don't eat mushrooms unless I have AT LEAST an eighth of an ounce. A quarter would probably be my preferred dose.

Considering the population here I'm surprised that more people don't eat like that.
I'd much rather trip once on 8 grams than trip 4 times on 2 grams each.

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

Offlinelutherblissett
Stranger
    #968645 - 10/17/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've only dosed at this level once and it was pretty goddamn intense, incl. speaking in tounges,sharing body/mind space with an unidentifiable "other",and feelings that i had levitated across the room (seen by others as well, tho they were bemushed as well). I was left with no dobut that all the seemingly random events we experience in life are in fact parts of a pattern so complex we can't normally access it. My dingy apt was transformed into a cathedral of light , flourescent mathematical formulas wizzing by over the jewelled dome ceiling. I'd say go for it at least once in yr life at a time when you feel comfortable handling it.I know I went from being a cynical nihilist to feeling that there was a reason to go on living despite all the ups and downs.

OfflineSick_Of_It_All
All Of It's Sick

Loc: Orlando, Florida
    #969161 - 10/17/02 01:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I doubt anyone could eat 7 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens properly weighed - you would be institutionalised...

If I can get my hands on them, I'll eat 7 dried grams, and be fine in 6 hours.  :grin:

OfflineGreyGoose25
La Fuerza DelDios
Loc: Ft. Fun, Colorado
Re: How the hell do people dose upwards of 7 grams? [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #969849 - 10/17/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The most i've dosed was 10.5 grams or 3 eigths, and i did have some x that night also, but its almost not worth mentioning because the shrooms totally over powered it. The main difference, i noticed anyway, from that trip to one say about 6 or 7 grams was the amount of distortion i noticed in music, and from what people were saying. There were times where i stumbled over to the CD player to see if it was skipping, and it wasn't. There was also the extreme time distortion, at one point i looked at my watch, and you know how the seconds hand ticks, goes to a spot stops goes to another, well when i looked at my watch during this trip the seconds hand was just cruising around my watch, not stopping at all. I also ended up trowing up about half an hour after i ingested the last eigth, that was an interesting experience, its never fun seeing what was once in your bopdy come out while trippin, but the trip was a success and was a lot of fun, even tried to play chess, but that lasted all about 2 seconds.

--------------------
Why is it that when the batteries are almost out on your remote, you think pressing the buttons harder will make it work?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom