Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8093364 - 03/02/08 11:17 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

sirbojangles said:
why is everyone being an asshole to this guy

Well, he is that crazy guy who wanted to go into the wild. And this question has been asked a bazillion times.

But to give his question a fair answe, no school is absolutely required, but it's the easiest way to get hands-on lab experience. Finding someone to teach you the process would probably be easier, but I don't think acid cooks go around selling their services as tutors.

Basically, if you have access to the requisite chemicals (lysergic acid or an appropriate precursor, POCl3, and diethylamide are the biggies), the process only takes ~$1000 in glassware. It is not as difficult as it is made out to be, though it does require some chemistry skill.

To the OP, read the synthesis in TiHKAL. Then look up all the words you don't understand. It's a pretty straightforward route that Sasha takes, if you can wade through the chemistry-speak. Taking two years of college chemistry (through Organic Chem) should give you the backkground to understand what he's saying.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8093377 - 03/02/08 11:21 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Fester's got the right idea, for the most part, he just fucks up in the details.

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8093385 - 03/02/08 11:22 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

im hoping it was sarcasm. you cant really tell when youre on a fucking computer. for all i know hes a little kid thinking he knows what hes talking about. theres quite a few around the forum.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #8093393 - 03/02/08 11:25 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

PilzeEssen said:
im hoping it was sarcasm. you cant really tell when youre on a fucking computer. for all i know hes a little kid thinking he knows what hes talking about. theres quite a few around the forum.

true sarcasm is hard to get accrosss on teh interwebs, but that post was REALLY sarcastic.

"I won't elaborate any more for fear of revealing too much dangerous information, but I'm sure you could google it. Anything written in all CAPS is probably correct."

That was funny!

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8093401 - 03/02/08 11:27 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Judging from the first few pages of that PDF, you don't need any formal training in chemistry, but good luck without it. I wish you luck if you decide to attempt, but it looks like a damn lot of work and reading to even begin to understand the process. Just remember, if a chemist can do it, so can you. He/she wasn't born with his/her knowledge, he/she worked hard to gain it so naturally you will too.

I feel your pain though.. if only it were as easy as baking a cake. Not many things worth while are easy though.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: anyone420]
    #8093407 - 03/02/08 11:30 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

You can read textbooks and learn the theory without going to school if your super smart. But lab techniques can only really be learned in a lab, for that you need school or a mentor.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: DieCommie]
    #8093419 - 03/02/08 11:33 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

or an ochem book with some labware, really, it's not that hard to teach yourself how to work under a vaccumn and proper lab procedure.

People make chemistry out to be some super difficult practice that only a small portion of people can pull off. One of the first LSD chemists had no practical lab practice and taught himself how to make the chemical.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: coda]
    #8093423 - 03/02/08 11:36 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
People make chemistry out to be some super difficult practice that only a small portion of people can pull off. One of the first LSD chemists had no practical lab practice and taught himself how to make the chemical.

This is true, Owsley had no formal training in chemistry. And his LSD is still talked about in reverent tones today.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8093672 - 03/02/08 01:06 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

ya where was it that these precursors are available?

I could probably get some in mexico if I bribe someone.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8093678 - 03/02/08 01:08 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

:lol:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8093689 - 03/02/08 01:10 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

If you can't take the initiative to look into it yourself, you probably shouldn't be even thinking about making acid.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#8093735 - 03/02/08 01:29 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

sorry to ask such a question on a drug based forum where i would think perhaps someone here might have experience.:rolleyes:

(edit - trendal)

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Edited by trendal (03/02/08 03:35 PM)

OfflineSaintDunsmere
Novice
Female

Loc: Oregon
    #8093743 - 03/02/08 01:33 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

I want Mr. Max to come back :frown: 

"you will need a lot of toothpaste and oranges"

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8093752 - 03/02/08 01:37 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

I doubt someone with experience synthesizing LSD would be posting about it here :rolleyes:

But I wasn't just saying that to be an asshole; I'm serious.  I wouldn't want to be taking acid make by someone who couldn't even be bothered to look into where to get his precursors and had to ask about it on a drug forum.

Besides, your s/n is AwesomeBastard... kind of invites arrogant replies, don't it?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#8093764 - 03/02/08 01:42 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

ergot is available legally, you used to be able to buy it from JLF but they closed up shop not too long ago.

There are a couple of other precursors that are pretty much impossible to obtain in the US without raising suspicion, and they entail a moderately difficult synth to make em yourself, but is possible.

IMO the "easiest" method of synthesizing LSD would be the LSA --> LSD route.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: coda]
    #8093811 - 03/02/08 01:56 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:

i thought LSD couldn't be made from LSA and it was a rumor made up by kids...:confused:

also, doesn't LSD manufacture require more than $1000 in labware?  i heard $10,000.

id rather just grow weed and smoke it...maybe extract some mescaline...

OfflineSlave of Cthuluh
I know it's spelt wrong...
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8093821 - 03/02/08 02:01 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

As much as your ability to absorb information allows you.

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: So how much school should i go through to learn how to make LSD. [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8093836 - 03/02/08 02:08 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Dude.. just no.

The main thing about the LSD-25 synth is separating out the isomers and the enantiomers.

And if possible converting the inactive isomers to D-LSD.

I read through the tek in TiHKAL, and it doesn't sound too difficult. Obviously you would need the right equipment and ET, but other than that, I imagine no chem major would find it difficult.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8093849 - 03/02/08 02:12 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

LayYouIn said:
Quote:

coda said:

i thought LSD couldn't be made from LSA and it was a rumor made up by kids...:confused:

Potassium hydroxide will hydrolyze LSA to lysergic acid.  It's the exact same thing that you do if you're starting with ET

Maybe you're confusion was that he didn't write in the middle step, eg LSA -> LA (-> activated LA) -> LSD

Activating lysergic acid for the addition of diethylamide can be accomplished many ways, the POCl3 route is just reported to be the best in terms of ease and yield.

Quote:

LayYouIn said:
also, doesn't LSD manufacture require more than $1000 in labware?  i heard $10,000.

Depends on whether you get your labware through manufacturers or through ebay.  But I stand by my ~$1000 figure.  I went through a list of what's required in an LSD thread a while back, I think john was calling my figure an overestimate.

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

#8093964 - 03/02/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

This thread has made me wish that i would have talked to my old roommate about synth'g lsd. Damn, he was the smartest guy i have ever known. As a junior he was a TA in organ chem lab. Anyway, he had access to everything, and he had the knowledge to do it. We just never had that discussion. Maybe if we had we'd both be in jail. who knows. It's interesting to read about this stuff though.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom