Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #806537 - 08/09/02 07:10 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

what evolutionary purpose do emotions serve? why are humans social animals? what if humans had six nipples like cats?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegodthatfaled
Stranger
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: Alice_In_Chains]
    #806624 - 08/09/02 07:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i often times find myself thinking about the universe as well. it's about 15 billion years old(i learned that in class). well what was around before that? and what happens next? and how can there be no edge of the universe? how can you just keep going on and on forever? it boggles my mind. also, while you're at it, you may as well think about the possibilities of meeting aliens and stuff.

OfflineAlice_In_Chains
journeyman
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: godthatfaled]
    #807141 - 08/09/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thats EXACTLY what I think about. It is very mind boggling, godthatfaled

Invisibleshroomerylurker
lurker
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: Alice_In_Chains]
    #807196 - 08/09/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If god does exist, why do men have nipples?

Offlinebla
Stranger
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #807904 - 08/09/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A thought that drives me mad even without shrooms is how the universe can be *all that exists*. How can there not be anything else ? Theres this big dark space with tons of planets, suns etc in it and then what ... nothing ???

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: bla]
    #808124 - 08/10/02 12:14 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Recently, on one of my Azures trips, I stopped thinking of all the "what when' s" the "if' s" and the "why' s" that normaly go through my poor brain when tripping (and also when I' m sober). It was only for a short time, but I can tell I thought about NOTHING then. Everything slipped away, a deep, deepest peace remained. It was a totaly new, amazing experience.

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

OfflineSick_Of_It_All
All Of It's Sick

Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: Ini]
    #808812 - 08/10/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I was watching a Richard Pryor stand up on shrooms one time and he started talking about one time when he did acid and he said the funniest shit "I forgot how to breath, OMG I forgot how to breath!" Me and my friend were cracking up cuz it made so much sense.. then we spent the next hour regulating our own breathing since our stupid fucking brain decided not to do it for us it sucked! lol.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #808842 - 08/10/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

q

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 08:28 PM)

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: lysergic_shiva]
    #810084 - 08/11/02 02:21 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I remember one time, 15 years ago... my girlfriend "M" and two of our friends, "R" and "MW" got a hold of 5 squares of the most potent blotter I'd ever done (didn't know it 'til I did it, of course) "R" and I did 1.5 hits each and the girls did 1 each.

Toward the end of the trip (around the 9-10 hour mark) MW had gone upstairs to bed (several hours earlier) and left the three of us down in the living room. We were all having a wonderful time until something weird happened... I thought it would be cool to put my nose right up to M's nose and look directly into her eyes.

She was lying on the couch and I got down on my knees in front of her and did just that. Well, it was WILD!! Her face became a cartoon face!! Something in my mind SNAPPED!! I jumped up and backed away in awe... I told R he had to try that!!
So, he did the same thing, and the same thing happened to both him and her!! Something SNAPPED!! All of a sudden we were at the dangerous part of an LSD trip. We had lost our sense of reason!! Any thought that popped into our minds was absolute fact! First we thought we were permanently insane. Then we thought we were going to spend the rest of our lives in an insane asylum. Then we thought our hearts had stopped. Then we realized our hearts were beating. THEN... One of the cats came into the room and jumped up on the couch. That's when we were able to convince ourselves that "the cat's okay, we're okay, it's just a drug, it'll wear off." WHEW!!

After that I swore I'd never drop 'cid again. I'm sticking with shrooms, they've never done me wrong.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Offlinearcadium
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #817434 - 08/15/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If u ever get into Lucid dreaming DONT do Mushrooms hahah I got hooked on the thought that my whole trip was a dream, because how do you know your not dreaming right now? I know it sounds wack but its intense, a lucid dream is one of the most AWSOME, INTENSE trips you'll ever have WITHOUT drugs. Imagine being fully concious and aware in a dream.....

--------------------
"I feel kinda funny!"

OfflineShroomStrider
Wanderer

Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: arcadium]
    #817746 - 08/15/02 10:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am so interested in Lucid dreaming!! Have you read any books on it??

--------------------
'It's a complete realization of the aims of psychedelia. But if you take LSD what you experience depends entirely on who you are. Our music may give you the screaming horrors or throw you into screaming ecstasy. Mostly it's the latter.' Roger Waters

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: ShroomStrider]
    #818561 - 08/15/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

funny, seems when i sleep past the 8 hour mark i begin lucid dreaming the hours before i wake up. last dream i can remember i had mushrooms growing in my front yard, on a cake with vanilla frosting, and i was excited it was there, and i could trip when i wanted, but then i woke up and im like DAMN!!!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #818626 - 08/15/02 04:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"funny, seems when i sleep past the 8 hour mark i begin lucid dreaming the hours before i wake up. last dream i can remember i had mushrooms growing in my front yard, on a cake with vanilla frosting, and i was excited it was there, and i could trip when i wanted, but then i woke up and im like DAMN!!!!!"

LOL!!!!

Yah, i wanna hear more about this lucid dreaming.

And to not sidetrack this thread..... I always find myself going on infinte circles of though, it really gets dizzying. Last time i chewed in a group i tired something new, I asked the peeps how they would describe a shroom trip in words. heh, it was pretty damn hard, if not impossible to get something good/accurate.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
 User Gallery

Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: TheCaptain]
    #5323318 - 02/21/06 09:20 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I love your avatar, zeta - I could watch it for hours :grin:

Offlinestoner4life
-=] 4*2*0 [=-

Re: Post deleted by Anno [Re: Room4Shroom]
    #5323904 - 02/21/06 12:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I always thought about tripping in space or something and how like theres this earth.... And its not flat itss round. WTF>!?

--------------------
-]Stoner4life[-
4 * 2 * 0
That funky, skunky, smelling green shit
Sing my song, puff all night long....
As I take hits of the bong.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: stoner4life]
    #5324038 - 02/21/06 01:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I once started thinking about the act of thinking, and how it worked in the brain, and how our brain receives signals and interprets them to make up everything we see, hear, feel, think, etc... I suddenly became aware of every part of my brain that wasn't working the same as it would sober, and I became completely absorbed into trying to map out the inside of my brain sending specific thoughts and seeing how far the thoughts would go before the signal gets lost and the thought is just no longer there or no longer makes sense, that was damn fun....

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: StickyWater]
    #5324141 - 02/21/06 01:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If you were on a planet with no mountains or valleys and you began building a house that contained a single hallway. Say the circumference of the planet is 10,000 miles, you build the hallway 10,000 miles long by 10 feet wide. You use a water level to make sure every foot is perfect. Would it connect with where you started, or go off the planet like a tangent?

Now say you used a laser level and build the exact same building, would this cause it to wrap around the planet or go off like a tangent. If it would go off as a tangent then would would it look like if you were standing on the planet looking at it? Would it curve up into space? What if you walked in the hallway for 10,000 miles, where would you be?

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Loc: the 28th dimension
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5324449 - 02/21/06 03:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I like to think about the algorithms that the human brain runs on and why they're so inefficient. For instance, our memory system. Our brains can run at speeds of faster than 6^6,000,000,000 Ghz yet computers kick our asses at math because computer memory kicks the shit out of ours.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: Kaleidoscope]
    #5328525 - 02/22/06 04:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

To trip me out I think about thinking.  Let me trip you out too...

EVERY operation in a computer is performed with very simple binary operations (0 or 1, off or on).  I don't believe that anyone has fathomed a way to operate other than to reduce every problem down to some mathematical representation in a binary number system that is operated and represented with little switches (vacuum tubes, transistors, gates, whatever).  If this is true then every thought, operation, and data structure in our own brain/mind must be represented in binary as well.  What is representing these numbers and how is this representation (complex series of chemical gates) constructed from an egg/sperm zygote?  Is our brain contructed using a process from our mother's brain?  Could it be possible that all brains use a unique system (i.e. some of us have i386 archetecture while others are stuck with SPARC or Alpha architechure).

Now, if we represent everything we experience into a complex binary system, could it be possible that everything in the universe could be represented in binary.  Could it be that all that is could be represented as a sequence of 0's and 1's constantly flip-flopping to generate reality? 

If so, then could these 0's and 1's be stored in a data structure, perhaps in the mind/brain of a higher being?  This would mean that our entire universe is just the mechanics in the brain of some higher being.  Our own conciousness is just part of this beings mechanics which are in charge of deciding if he or she should blink or not...

So yeah, if there is a God that knows all, then are you separate or actually just a part of this God?  How does this God who is omnicient not get stuck in an infinite loop just thinking about us?

I hope I have lost you all for I certainly have lost myself :smile:

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Loc: the 28th dimension
Re: Weird shit to think of when tripping. [Re: FreedomFight]
    #5328743 - 02/22/06 05:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FreedomFight said:
To trip me out I think about thinking.  Let me trip you out too...

EVERY operation in a computer is performed with very simple binary operations (0 or 1, off or on).  I don't believe that anyone has fathomed a way to operate other than to reduce every problem down to some mathematical representation in a binary number system that is operated and represented with little switches (vacuum tubes, transistors, gates, whatever).  If this is true then every thought, operation, and data structure in our own brain/mind must be represented in binary as well.  What is representing these numbers and how is this representation (complex series of chemical gates) constructed from an egg/sperm zygote?  Is our brain contructed using a process from our mother's brain?  Could it be possible that all brains use a unique system (i.e. some of us have i386 archetecture while others are stuck with SPARC or Alpha architechure).

Now, if we represent everything we experience into a complex binary system, could it be possible that everything in the universe could be represented in binary.  Could it be that all that is could be represented as a sequence of 0's and 1's constantly flip-flopping to generate reality? 

If so, then could these 0's and 1's be stored in a data structure, perhaps in the mind/brain of a higher being?  This would mean that our entire universe is just the mechanics in the brain of some higher being.  Our own conciousness is just part of this beings mechanics which are in charge of deciding if he or she should blink or not...

So yeah, if there is a God that knows all, then are you separate or actually just a part of this God?  How does this God who is omnicient not get stuck in an infinite loop just thinking about us?

I hope I have lost you all for I certainly have lost myself :smile:

You're on the right track as far as having fun with those thoughts... :grin:

try this angle...given that the brain operates on a binary system on its most basic level.  neurons fire or they don't.  All that non-sense creates the vehicle for the consciousness.  What if instead of how you said about us being the creation of the mechanics of some higher being's consciousness...we're a creation of the mechanics of our own collective consciousness.  In other words we believe what we percieve as a collective of consciousnesses to be reality.  If you see something that 6 billion other people don't you are deemed insane (or on drugs, hopefully you are on drugs or meditating or anything but insane). but if every one sees it, it is deemed a part of reality.  Now thinking in that context.  What exactly exists? perception exists and that is all.  None of the things you see everyday are 'real' in this context.  They are all just what you and I believe we percieve.  This leaves consciousness as the only thing that inherently exists.  everything else depends on the collective consciousness of the universe.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract