Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Innocence lost as children turn to the hard drugs
    #8081314 - 02/28/08 12:31 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

http://news.scotsman.com/health/Innocence-lost-as-children-turn.3825063.jp

ONE in 20 children in the Capital has a £26-a-week drug habit, a new survey has revealed.
While the number of youngsters drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis has fallen, the use of other harder drugs, including cocaine, ecstasy, LSD and magic mushrooms has risen, according to the figures.

Fears have been raised in recent years about the ready availability of cheap cocaine in the Capital.

The number of youngsters offered the drug, among the 1274 school pupils questioned for the survey, had doubled in 2006 compared with 2002, to 12 per cent. A quarter of 15-year-olds admitted taking drugs, which was slightly down on four years earlier, although the decrease was mainly due to fewer smoking cannabis.

Tom Wood, chairman of Action on Alcohol and Drugs in Edinburgh, said: "Young people have demonstrated that if you give them good information they will make good decisions. That's reflected in these cannabis and alcohol figures. Young people want to feel sharp and smart and you don't have to use cannabis or alcohol too much to realise that's not what it does to you."

However, he admitted the availability of cocaine to teenagers, and the rise in the number using it, was a cause for concern. "Cocaine is one of the most serious issues facing us today," he said. "It has started to show itself in unprecedented quantities and in areas where drug use was not prevalent.

"We know that a huge amount of cocaine is coming in from drug cartels who have been targeting Europe and it still has this showbiz, sexy image of a party drug – that's utterly untrue and we are starting to see people get into serious trouble with cocaine."

The figures are published in the Scottish Schools Adolescent Lifestyle and Substance Use Survey, which looked at smoking, drink and drug use among 13 and 15-year-olds in the Capital.

Three per cent of 13-year olds, and 15 per cent of 15-year olds had used drugs in the last month, with just over half of those paying for them. The average amount spent each week on dr
ugs was £26.

More than half of the 13-year-olds said they had tried alcohol, as had four-fifths of 15-year-olds.

However, despite its prevalence, in both cases it was slightly down on 2002, when 64 per cent of 13-year-olds and 84 per cent of 15-year-olds were drinkers.

One in three 15-year-olds said they were able to buy alcoholic drinks from their nearest shop.

Labour's justice spokeswoman, Pauline McNeill, said it was key to stop such ready access to alcohol among young people.

Ms McNeill said: "There are too many young people waking up on a Saturday or Sunday morning with no recollection of the previous night's events.

"We need to identify how they are getting hold of their alcohol and penalise those shops that are putting profits before the law."

The Labour MSP added: "We also need to further educate our young people about the consequences of alcohol abuse."

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Innocence lost as children turn to the hard drugs [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8081605 - 02/28/08 01:55 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure they could get all that innocence back if they took Ecstacy, but those kids are probobly just drinking and taking prescription drugs and stimulants, you know the ones society rewards you for.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflinePowRGnome
No Stranger toCamus

#8081617 - 02/28/08 01:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I remember when we got this survey in 7th grade health class. I hadn't tried any drug at the time, except my dad occasionally let me taste a sip or two of his beer. But according to the survey, I drank a bottle of cough syrup every day before coming to school, had smoked crack in the previous week, and carried a gun regularly. 7th graders just don't really give a shit about The Man getting accurate stastics.

Offlinearchetype
Stranger
Male

Loc: Missouri
    #8081690 - 02/28/08 02:23 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:

Tom Wood, chairman of Action on Alcohol and Drugs in Edinburgh, said: "Young people have demonstrated that if you give them good information they will make good decisions. That's reflected in these cannabis and alcohol figures."

roflmfao :thumbdown:

--------------------

All keystrokes performed on this user's account are completely random and are not to be taken seriously.

OfflineDrOli
Biochemist
Re: Innocence lost as children turn to the hard drugs [Re: archetype]
    #8082598 - 02/28/08 05:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Mushrooms. Hard drugs??? Hardly so, I am actually much safer, towards myself and others, on shrooms than I am on alcohol.

"Give them good information they will make good decisions. That's reflected in these cannabis and alcohol figures."

Binge drinking is definitely not decreasing from the looks of things last time I went out.

OfflineMagicius
Stranger

Re: Innocence lost as children turn to the hard drugs [Re: DrOli]
    #8085598 - 02/29/08 10:43 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

oddly hard drugs and poverty go hand in hand, even though its more expensive than alcohol, which generally is consumed more by main stream Babylon culture...

OfflineShroooomerToo
Stranger
Re: Innocence lost as children turn to the hard drugs [Re: Magicius]
    #8087336 - 02/29/08 06:27 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I actually like this article. More about the misuse and danger of alcohol than any other drug! Because its true!!

--------------------
None of the posts that are posted by this user are real. They are all fake and are for fictional use only. This member does not actually smoke or take any illegal substances, he/she just posts for fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate