Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
The Cannabis Void
    #808448 - 08/10/02 06:30 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Just readin another post about people who are open minded and take mushrooms will have a rewarding spirituali experience. Anyway, i thought id strart a new thread, cus it is going off the topic of that thread.

ANYWAYS!

I could never understand how people seemed sober after smoking when i got too carried away by things comming into my mind. I thought it was just down to tollerence.

I quit smoking a few months ago due to paranoia, but one night I bought a little weed off a friend, eneough for a spliff and smoked it on the walk home.

When others describe the effects of cannabis they say it relaxes them. it never relaxes me, just got my mind going.
With this smoke though i just felt relaxed, I felt like I could handle anything just like my friends seem to. I realised I was staying above the void, where i used to get lost in a stream of thoughts and revelations.

Although it took me effort i managed to stay out of the void.
I realised that others don't have to put in this effort and are naturaly above it when stoned and just get relaxed.

When I got into my room, alone, I let myself slip away.
Ive had so many profound experiecnes deep in the void and it showed me theres a lot to be leanred from cannabis. Most ive forgotton but what i havnt has changed me. I can read peoples body language so well when stoned and it hasnt left me, even when sober. mainly from being stoned in social situations and reading everything that was going on. I quit when i started to read things very very wrongly. "there about to beat you up Dave" etc

Anybody else find it hard to stay in a simple relaxed state where you can function in a normal manner without feeling in another world?

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Edited by The_Clash_UK (08/10/02 06:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #808455 - 08/10/02 06:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I feel this way all the time when I smoke pot by myself. When I am around others, however, I often feel tense and paranoid. That's why I usually just stick to a late-night smoke by myself outside on my deck.

Staring up at the stars while stoned and getting lost in my thoughts is one of the most relaxing things in the world for me. It's too bad I have not had any money to buy weed for a couple months now, but my lack of cash has taught me that I can actually reach that same place without the aid of mj.

--------------------
Namaste.

Edited by RebelSteve33 (08/10/02 06:37 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #808456 - 08/10/02 06:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Find some better bud, bud.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #808461 - 08/10/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I stopped smoking around people. I couldnt take the paranoia anymore. I freaked out at a mates house when I thought he was about to attack me.

I sometime smoke alone, its much better, no distractions.
Although last time I did i got caught in some thought loop. I thought i was the most fucked up indevidual the world had ever seen. In that state I see the world totaly differnt. anything that contradicts what im feeling dosnt exsist. thats why i dont smoke anymore.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#808469 - 08/10/02 06:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I used to use pot habitually just about every day for over a year. I would hear about people who stopped smoking because they didn't enjoy it as much anymore, and I couldn't understand that at all.

Since I was forced to basically quit a couple months ago, though, I've found that the few times I have been able to smoke since then have not been as enjoyable as I once remembered at all. Sure, I did get really stoned, but I didn't like the feeling as much for some reason.

I enjoy life so much better now that I am not mentally dependent on that drug anymore. I'm sure I wont be quitting for good anytime soon, but I definitely plan to keep my occasional smoke few and far between.

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #808474 - 08/10/02 06:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I was smoking every day too. My life revolved around weed, and so did all my friends. Id even hang around with people i didnt like that much just because they had weed and I didnt.

Spose im glad I had a reason to quit. still id like the occasinl smoke without paranoia. I might have a little tonight.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #808502 - 08/10/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

to me, cannabis is a holy substance to be used and never ever abused. smoking every day is like drinking everyday. or shooting up every day. or doing anything EVERY day. it's abuse of a good and holy substance put here by Jah in order to bring us to a higher form of thinking. the term "to get high" was originally coined by the rasta's. it means to literally come into a higher state of conscienceness and become closer to God.
i personally believe that ganja should not be used by anybody with an unstable mind. it would be like tackling the chilkoot trail with an unstable heart. the chilkoot trail was so beautiful an experience for me, that it gave me revelations, but if i had been physically unstable at the time i hiked it, then i wouldn't have been able to enjoy it fully. it's the same with any drug and your mind.
about 8 months ago, i and my unstable mind took a break from all substances and all females and all friends...totally sheltering myself from the world. i became a veggie eater. no more meat. and i spend about 6 months finding myself. and i did. i stablized my life, and gradually intregrated myself back into society. then i started toking again... it was unlike ever before. now i will only smoke the best ganja i can find, as i believe that shwag is an abomination on something pure and holy...and i only smoke occasionally. and it is a beautiful thing.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #808581 - 08/10/02 08:23 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I can definately relate to that. Good way of describing it too. Personally I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of the bud..if anything the higher quality the worse the mind fuck.

Weird experience about a week ago: This friend whom I hadn't seen in months phones me and asked if I wanted to go to his house and basically drink and get stoned. I took the weed and he supplied the alcohol. Anyway, we smoked a couple of bowls of hash....it hit me a lot harder than it hit him. We were watching TV, and I couldn't understand it at all. I couldn't tell what was supposed to be funny and what wasn't...so I started laughing at random moments! And when he talked to me I didn't know when he was asking a question...I was completely spaced out. I began to feel cold...and then my heart started to beat faster and faster. And then I started thinking paranoid thoughts .."why did he invite me here? I bet some people are gonna burst through that door and beat the shit out of me"...etc..your basic paranoia trip. At that point I decided to just go home. And then I was pretty much okay. Felt a bit funny the next day though.

It's basically hit or miss for me...sometimes I will have amazing revelations...and sometimes there is the paranoia...but as you say, it never relaxes me. I have to make an effort to make it enjoyable.

What can I say, I wish I had some answers.

PS. I agree with you about the body language thing...it seems like I am a lot more aware of what is going on around me.. Oh and when stoned I am always a far better judge of what is good music and what is bad music...good acting and bad acting. Stuff like that.

--------------------

Edited by Revelation (08/10/02 08:42 AM)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: Revelation]
    #808690 - 08/10/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A year or two ago, me and a friend would smoke Cannibas on a daily basis. We followed a basic pattern. I'd go to his house (after work, or even on my off days), we'd bring a joint with us and drive to the woods to smoke it. His mom definitly knew what was going on. No matter how stupid your parents are, they arent that stupid. I would have to say that smoking Cannibas did seem to lose some of its novelty. It was a weird feeling, though relaxing. It was almost if i somehow switched being "sober" and being "high". Your normal state is being sober, so after a short period of being sober, then smoking, I would say "ah....back to normal again".
-After reading this statement, it might not seem to make much sense. I wouldnt call myself articulate, I only try.

Weird experience about a week ago:
Maybe a bit off topic, but I find it odd that weird events happen to you while your high on a substance. The stronger the substance, the more frequent the odd occurances. Its as if your a magnet for these things. When on mushrooms, its like im supercharged. Just yesterday when me and a friend were smoking Cannibas in my car around 2 am, a car pulled up in the thrift store parking lot next door. We watched as they stoped beside the building, and a man got out. He scoped out the surroundings (he didnt see us in our smoky car). Then his attractive female companion stepped out. Leaving the door open, dropped her pants and began to urinate on the concrete. She must have really had to go. There was a convienent store :30 seconds down the road. 2 minutes if you walked the distance. When she was done, she pulled her pants up, got in the car and they sped off.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Anonymous

Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: thePatient]
    #808786 - 08/10/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe a bit off topic, but I find it odd that weird events happen to you while your high on a substance. The stronger the substance, the more frequent the odd occurances. Its as if your a magnet for these things.

I have noticed the same thing. You probably psychically willed her to do that.

Cheers,

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #808814 - 08/10/02 10:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe a bit off topic, but I find it odd that weird events happen to you while your high on a substance. The stronger the substance, the more frequent the odd occurances. Its as if your a magnet for these things.

I think in that state of mind, two things happen (in relation to weird occurances)...
1. You notice weird things MORE.
2. You become a part of the weirdness and you sort of follow the flow of the weird...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: Sclorch]
    #809078 - 08/10/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Once again, off topic but, has anyone ever noticed that when your high everyone looks at you? A couple of times, i would be wandering around the mall, high, and i'd be paranoid, thinking everyone was looking at me. Not JUST paranoid, i would actually see everyone look at me, if not for just a split second. It must have been their only glance at me as i walked by, and i noticed it. In my humble opinion, i think when your high you become super-sensitive in some way. I think it's like the effect of when somebody is looking at your back from behind, and you have the feeling someone is looking at you.

2. You become a part of the weirdness and you sort of follow the flow of the weird...

Maybe its both.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Anonymous

#809102 - 08/10/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

And here all the time I thought I was psychically willing people to do stuff. Gee, you guys sure know how to deflate a person's ego.

Wait. That's a good thing. Thanks!

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: ]
    #809817 - 08/10/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i have noticed the same thing. on shrooms my car would start with no keys. even when i am mediatating and leave the house sometimes, things just seem different, more weird shit happens. makes me wonder how real this reality actually is.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #810051 - 08/10/02 11:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

actually...i can't relate in any way.
when i am high, i am on a higher plane of existence. i feel at one and at peace with all. i feel happy and healthy. people look at me and talk to me and interact with me...and later i talk to some of them..."did you know i was high?"
"no i had no clue."
but like i said. i go at it with a stable mind. not that any of you are unstable. that's not for me to say...
i mean, weird things happen to me on a regular basis. i see the spiritual work through the physical at every turn and twist of my roller coaster-like life. wierd things don't happen to me when i'm messed up. they happen to me all the time. the trick is...that IS reality. what is weird, when everything is different? what is normal?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #810091 - 08/11/02 02:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

To smoke grass became very popular in the last few years. So the kids do it because "everyone" does it. They forget that hemp flowers are a highly effective psychoactive stuff, specialy when high in THC content.
I think, like every "drug", grass isn? t suitable for everyone. Each individual has it? s own brain and body chemistry. So grass can be relaxing for the one and initiate paranoia to another.

I quit smoking grass twelve years ago because it made me thinking in loops and this again leaded to paranoia.
The other way, my BF is the greatest toker I? ve ever known. He is a very energetic person and likes the relaxing effects of the grass.

In my opinion, grass is misjudged as a harmless recreational drug. Please don? t missunderstand me! I won? t say that grass is that bad stuff that makes everyone a killer or raper like it was said in the times of Harry Anslinger!!! But specialy the new, high breeded strains of grass with THC contents of about 20% are high potent psychoactives!

So smoke some schwag if you want a downer

This is what I mean when I say "high in THC"

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: Ini]
    #812413 - 08/12/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thinking about some smoking becuase "everyone does it":

A friend was telling me how he might quit for his g/f. i said go for it. then he said people would see him as a pussy for not being a full time caner. Then he mentioned me quitting, trying not to call me a pussy, although he thought it. He said hell smoke till he cant hack it anymore. so he sees me quitting as not hacking it anymore.

ANYWAY.

people who use the drugs to be full time caners and/or to get fucked up should be banned from using certain drugs.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #815023 - 08/13/02 11:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, i find it very difficult to stay in a comprehensible let alone a relaxed state of mind after i toke. there is that underlying "code of conduct" many are aware of when it comes to smoking with friends, all of which i find pointless, i dont understand the notion of laying parameters around something that induces self awareness and an understood confusion. the people who do not fully understand it are the ones who are fed the disallusion of marijuana as having the partying effect of alcohol. this is not true. I refuse to fights its affects on me, if i did then there wouldnt be a real reason for me to smoke it. i truly enjoy its affects on me, and that way i feel as if i am showing it the respect it deserves, the respect that few give it, the lack of which is the direct cause of its legal status. the ones who want to fight it are the ones who are truly missing out, they do it to save face, so they dont come off as being "pussies". I am apathetic to those who share that view, those are the people that will make it impossible for marijuanas' final exceptance in Americas society.

Ive been to that void many times clash, and i am better because of it.

Amy Carney is having my baby.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: soochi]
    #815321 - 08/13/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

GOOD POST!!

I really agree with you on the "code of conduct" thing, and that if more people gave this herb the respect it deserved, it would not have the legal status it does.

I truly prefer to smoke to smoke alone and reach that void. I, too, am a better person because of it.

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: The Cannabis Void [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #815581 - 08/13/02 04:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i hope when you say the best ganja you don't mean nasty hydro shit grown under lights....although some of that stuff can be really tasty there seem to be a lot of people really overdoing it.

what about massive piles of wild ganja smoked through a chalice?

as long as it's natural...

and smoking every day is nothing at all like drinking every day (except that you're doing it every day)!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies