Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #8080987 - 02/28/08 12:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have earned this high horse. Cost does not make it any less of an issue. It is still stealing.
target spotted

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblowingsm0ke
Smelly
 User Gallery

Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: tahoe]
    #8081297 - 02/28/08 02:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:

I think they would hope that you are using these bags to send stuff via usps. I would like to see that they link their website with your usps account and that they compare your online account and shipments with the amount of bags that you request. They should not just send you guys 400 bags at one time.

If there were some way that I could give them a heads up about this I would. But I think me emailing them and saying that there are a bunch of people using thier envelopes for growing mushrooms instead of send packages would raise a red flag on me also.

Would you guys pay 20$ for a 9'x10' piece of tyvek deleverd to your house??
i just did the math. A piece that big would make 810 4x4 pieces and 1440 3x3 pieces. I think 3x3 would cover a wide mouth just fine. That is a shit load of jars.

You guys need to stop ripping off the post office. You guys do realize that there will be no post office one day and probably in our lifetime. The only thing that keeps them in business is junk mail.
I realize that these envelopes are probably only .20 to make but its not about that. Its just the point and you mushroom heads are all about karma. You are not pulling one over on the man.

First of all I never even said I ordered any, and when I do we use them for business purposes.

As I said, there are days in the month when we send out 1000 envelopes of various sizes, some of them are the tyvek kind. When we order them from the USPS we use them to mail business shit out, if there happen to be any left I will grab them and take them home rather than let them go to waste.

What the fuck are you the postmaster general or something? You are taking this awfully seriously, no one said anything about ripping the post office off or ordering 800 and letting them go to waste.

And im sorry but ordering 800 tyvek envelopes is not going to put them out of business, even if none of them get used to actually send mail. And if that sort of thing could put them out of business then they need to stop making it so easy to get them.

If the business I work for started a website offering "800 free of X" that could potentially put me out of business if misused, I think we would put a stop to it.

Offlineblowingsm0ke
Smelly
 User Gallery

Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: blowingsm0ke]
    #8081323 - 02/28/08 02:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wait no I know who you are tahoe, Newman from Seinfeld. He takes the mail very seriously too. :smile:

In my first post I was responding to the guy above me anyway, in regards to him saying it was suspicious to order 800 of them. All I said was it shouldnt be seeing as how they have a system set up to allow you to do so.

I made no comment on ordering any, the legality or morality of it so I am kind of surprised you found the need to take my post and lash out against me as if I was ripping off the post office.

I didnt even say anything about that man.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #8081405 - 02/28/08 03:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:
First of all I never even said I ordered any, and when I do we use them for business purposes.

Enough of your riddles

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Offlineblackegg
...has left the building.
Male User Gallery

#8081409 - 02/28/08 03:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Eh, it's always good to only get what you can use. Point taken Tahoe.

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Offlineblowingsm0ke
Smelly
 User Gallery

#8081445 - 02/28/08 03:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:

Enough of your riddles

How is that a riddle?

When responding to your reply to me, in which you said to stop ripping the post office off, I had not even mentioned ordering or using any tyvek envelopes. I said we send out 1000 checks in one day, do you use giant tyvek to send out a check? I know we don't. But I did mention that there are businesses that could use 800 tyvek envelopes, thus the reason for the system to take orders, and the fact that it is not suspicious to order them. Thats all I said to the guy when he asked if it suspicious.

Then you come along and quote me and tell me to stop ripping the post office off. I'm ripping them off by telling this guy its not suspicious to order them?

I have no idea why you were even replying to me with all that shit, all I did was answer the guy above me by saying that it is not suspicious to order the envelopes.

OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #8081671 - 02/28/08 04:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, Tahoe, I completely agree with your opinion (statement of fact...) about the envelopes. BUT, come on, don't try to compare that to taking ANYTHING from the government. I don't agree with lying (as part of your proposed scenario), but anything I can do to take back my hard earned money from the gov't is a great thing. Especially after hearing that the NON-earned tax break basically gives a free check worth thousands to people that aren't working enough to pay into the tax system in the first place. I don't have a problem with charity to the poor who are willing to attempt to help themselves (I know they can't always do even that much), but a free check just for doing nothing? Aghhh!!!!!!!!

----breath-----

Sorry, about the rant, but I needed that off my chest.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: MycoAu]
    #8081703 - 02/28/08 04:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MycoAu said:
Ok, Tahoe, I completely agree with your opinion (statement of fact...) about the envelopes. BUT, come on, don't try to compare that to taking ANYTHING from the government.

I did say it was extreme didn't I?
Now you are speaking in riddles also. Dont try to compare that to taking anything from the government? My scenario and USPS are both from the government.

Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:
Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:

Enough of your riddles

How is that a riddle?

First you say that you didn't order any and then you said that you do order them for business purposes.

--------------------

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Offlineblowingsm0ke
Smelly
 User Gallery

#8081807 - 02/28/08 04:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

MycoAu said:
Ok, Tahoe, I completely agree with your opinion (statement of fact...) about the envelopes.  BUT, come on, don't try to compare that to taking ANYTHING from the government. 

I did say it was extreme didn't I?
Now you are speaking in riddles also. Dont try to compare that to taking anything from the government? My scenario and USPS are both from the government.

Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:
Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:

Enough of your riddles

How is that a riddle?

First you say that you didn't order any and then you said that you do order them for business purposes.

I understand that, but I hadnt even made that post yet when you laid into me for ripping off the post office. The only post I made in this thread at that point made no mention of me using the tyvek envelopes.

It doesnt matter anyway, but I did find out a way you can let the post office know about all the bad guys in this thread anonymously.

Mail to:
Jack Potter
475 Lenfant Plaza SW
Washington DC 20260-0010

Just make sure you wear gloves so you dont get your fingerprints on there, or alternatively dial 1-800-ASK-USPS from a pay phone. I'm sure they'll be happy to crack down on the tyvek bandit ring. :smile:

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #8081864 - 02/28/08 05:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:
If its suspicious why do they make it so simple?

I think they would hope that you are using these bags to send stuff via usps. I would like to see that they link their website with your usps account and that they compare your online account and shipments with the amount of bags that you request. They should not just send you guys 400 bags at one time.

I was only directing this comment to you.

--------------------

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Offlineblowingsm0ke
Smelly
 User Gallery

#8081881 - 02/28/08 05:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:
If its suspicious why do they make it so simple?

I was only directing this comment to you.

Oh, my mistake then. I thought the whole thing was to me. :crazy2:

I agree with what you're saying, but do they really have the capability to link your shipments with your online account? I am sure they do if you order stamps or something online but say I walk into the post office and mail a few items out in envelopes I ordered, I dont know if that would get back to the online system or not?

The worst thing about the system to me, if they want to clamp down on it, is that it doesnt require any form of ID. I could sign up for an account in anyones name right now and have 800 envelopes delivered to them, and do the same tomorrow and so on to eternity. Without their consent.

OfflineFrost000
Badfish

#8082203 - 02/28/08 06:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Completely off topic. This thread should be closed.

Invisiblearainbow
Hippy

Loc: Palnet Earth
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Frost000]
    #8082407 - 02/28/08 07:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well we now know what thick as a brick looks like in a forum

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #8082500 - 02/28/08 07:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Think about it like this although its extreme, which getting hundreds of these for free is also extreme.
Lets say all you had to do is go online and click a few boxes and say that you are disabled and you will get $500 a month for free from the government. The only requirement is that you have to be disabled but you are not. So now you are getting $500 a month for nothing. Is that stealing??

No, that would be "Theft by Deception";)

Quote:

I believe what people are doing is called stealing and taking advantage of the usps.

No, it's not stealing:rolleyes:

Misuse maybe, but not stealing.

I get your point-tis wrong either way and yes, it is taking advantage of the post office(in the sense of misuse of the envelopes)-but, you pay for those envelopes every time you pay postage, so what if I get 800 of them at "No-charge", hell, I've been paying for them for well over 35 years( not to mention the salary cut that my sister-in-law got:mad2:), so, I feel like it's about an even swap-but, getting them for other intended uses other than to mail whatever is wrong-I agree.

But, I do get your point;)

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #8082509 - 02/28/08 07:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

But anyone who thinks it is not stealing is probably a little ignorant

:rofl2:

:wink:

Edit = Hey Tahoe? Just to let you know that I went into my local Post Office a few years back and my sister-in-law had told her co-workers what I was using them for and nobody said anything(they are so cheap to make, who cares?) but, then again, this was when I was growing Oysters and selling them to her co-workers and every local restaurant/grocery store in this town=Of course, people love me here and I don't act like a suspicious young kid trying to steal something either. I'm just saying that some of us grow edibles and medicinals using those Tyvek envelopes=not all of us are bad:tongue:

Edited by doc34 (02/28/08 09:12 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation