Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Legality
    #808157 - 08/10/02 02:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/generalinfo.php?doc=5

There are four yes'es and one no for the UK. Whats the deal with ordering mushrooms from holland. I have a company in mind. Since it's legal in the UK to own dried and fresh shrooms, would there be any problem in ordering? Should I chance it?

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Legality [Re: chrispc]
    #808229 - 08/10/02 05:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

> Since it's legal in the UK to own dried and fresh shrooms, would there be any problem in ordering?

As far i know, dried mushrooms are not allowed.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #808247 - 08/10/02 05:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Dried mushrooms are class A. Fresh mushrooms are a grey area that no-one, least of all the home office knows. It might be legal it might not. If they find them they'd almost definately confiscate them. Whether they'd go to the expense of prosecuting you they don't know. I contacted various officials about this and they have no idea. That's how stupid the law is in the UK.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Edited by Alex123 (08/10/02 05:48 AM)

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Legality [Re: Xlea321]
    #808278 - 08/10/02 06:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Its only illigal to have dried shroom if they where dried on purpose(preperation)
But if they where dried when picked then there should be no problem. I think its up to the law to prove that your intent was preperation.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinemirrorsaw
journeyman
Re: Legality [Re: EvilGir]
    #808396 - 08/10/02 07:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Its only illigal to have dried shroom if they where dried on purpose(preperation)

I have been to Court for mushrooms, and I can tell you that they tend to be a little conservative when it comes to drugs.

"they were dried out by the sun before I picked them, honest"

"they just dried out by themselves, I didn't do anything to them"

There is a 99% chance you will be found guilty if you try that kind of defence. If you don't believe me go and turn yourself in to the police with dry shrooms and try it.

Whats the deal with ordering mushrooms from holland

If H.M. Customs and Excise find them they will be seized. If it's just a small amount you would probably just get a letter telling you not to be so naughty in future.

Fresh mushrooms are a grey area that no-one, least of all the home office knows. It might be legal it might not. If they find them they'd almost definately confiscate them. Whether they'd go to the expense of prosecuting you they don't know. I contacted various officials about this and they have no idea. That's how stupid the law is in the UK.

With raw mushrooms I agree that it's possible they might be confiscated if found by the police. Prosecution is unlikely.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Legality [Re: mirrorsaw]
    #808674 - 08/10/02 11:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Remember it's not just "dried" that are illegal - the misuse of drugs act says: "they have ceased to be in their natural state and have been in some way altered by the hand of man" then they constitute a "preparation" or "product" of the Class A controlled drug psilocin. The courts also determind that psilocybe mushrooms that had been frozen and packaged constituted a product and were therefore class A.

So even fresh mushrooms "packaged" in any way would be class A. Obviously you have to "package" them to send them through the post so it's hard to see a way around this. They probably wouldn't prosecute you but - is it really worth the fucking risk?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinems5712
    #821847 - 08/16/02 07:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i just dont understand how the govt. can justify tobacco which is a proven threat to health then turn around and say that this other substance(weed, shrooms) that grows naturally is not right. why is alcohol (manmade and a proven responsible for a good percentage of deaths daily) sold and advertised. it just dont make sense to me. if anyone can explain it to me i would like to hear it. personally i think its taxes. to much revenue on booze and butts to take that away. double standard if you ask me!

Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Re: Legality [Re: ms5712]
    #823568 - 08/17/02 02:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

i just dont understand how the govt. can justify tobacco which is a proven threat to health then turn around and say that this other substance(weed, shrooms) that grows naturally is not right. why is alcohol (manmade and a proven responsible for a good percentage of deaths daily) sold and advertised. it just dont make sense to me. if anyone can explain it to me i would like to hear it. personally i think its taxes. to much revenue on booze and butts to take that away. double standard if you ask me!

That is a question many have been asking since the beginning of time. Well the beginning of the nineties.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience