Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
your purpose in life.
    #808083 - 08/10/02 12:02 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

if one is unhappy, unsatisfied, or not content with some aspect of their life...then has that one truely discovered their purpose in life?
if one is content with where they are in their life, then has one truley discovered their purpose in life? or has one simply become stuck, stagnated, and come to accept their spiritual and mental stagnation?
i believe that if one has something they love to do or be, that is a talent for them. and if they don't use that in some very significant way in their life...then that one has not truley discovered their purpose. not discovered their meaning.
if you do not find yourself, you will not find your place. if you do not find your place, you will never find your happiness. if you never find your happiness, then it is your own fault.
have you found your purpose in life? what does your life mean to you?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: your purpose in life. [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #808125 - 08/10/02 02:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Do we really need a purpose?
Why can we not just be happy?

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: your purpose in life. [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #808136 - 08/10/02 02:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the purpose is to stop looking for life and start living it every moment.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Edited by ViBrAnT (08/10/02 02:37 AM)

Anonymous

#808284 - 08/10/02 06:27 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I thought you said, porpoise.

Never mind.

Cheers,

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #808373 - 08/10/02 07:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Finding... searching... looking for a purpose? Fuck that.
I created mine.

Be weird and multiply....

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: your purpose in life. [Re: Sclorch]
    #808484 - 08/10/02 09:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

one creates nothing braa. you can use existing energies or things in different combinations. but you can never create something new. there is nothing new under the sun. and there never will be. don't let your pride get in the way of clear thinking.

and you say, "why need a purpose, why not just be happy?"
have you ever seen somebody with no idea what to do with their lives? a 40 year old man who loses his job that he loved and lived for...no more purpose. suicide. it's more rampant now in this day and age than ever before.
if just to be happy is what you seek, then that is your purpose, and you look for happiness in everything. you find joy in everything...that is a beautiful and noble purpose.
some people can only find happiness in some select things. so you finding happiness in all, and just being happy. a great blessing.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #808494 - 08/10/02 09:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That's the problem with determinism... "create" means nothing. Look, just because YOU want to ignore free will, don't push your negative energy on me. Nevermind, you can't help it... you're destined to knock the concept.

I do create. Different combinations IS creation. And when we're dealing with abstract concepts, I most certainly CAN create. "Sclorch" meant nothing before I invented it. I have no pride... I have thoughts. Don't let your false sense of "oneness" with the universe limit YOUR creative energies. peace "braa"

--------------------

Anonymous

#808500 - 08/10/02 09:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What?

Oh horsepucky Sclorch and you know it. Determinism is an absolute truth that cannot be denied. You don't create anything because you have no freewill!

AND the word Sclorch is in the dickshunary too.

Sclorch: n. Proper name for false profit.

Get real!

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#808514 - 08/10/02 09:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

sclorch, you are the most easily offended and negative person on the shroomery. why is your first inclination towards somebody just to trash them? to mock them? and of course, you can say over and over in a million different words and ways that you aren't offened and you are peacful and you aren't negative...but your tone and your way of phrasing things overides you immensely.
you say you want everybody to have an open mind and that you wish that people would not force their beliefs on others...but the only reason i can think you say that others need to be open minded is so you can fill their minds with YOUR beliefs.
peace is all we need in this world, but sometimes it seems that people like you are the only reason it's not around yet. can't you just love a little? please? when i say peace braa. i truely mean peace. pax christi. you don't hurt anyone but yourself when you burst out at others and mock others.
no wait, you do hurt me. deeply...because i know you are hurting yourself. and i hate pain and wish it on no one.
and of course you will respond to this, and deny all you can and mock all you can, because that's all you ever seem to do. but while you are ranting about how you are better and different than everyone, remember you aren't fooling anybody reading your posts...but yourself. and you have yourself very very very very fooled.
please braa. peace. i have a challenge for you, could you go three days without mocking or bashing anyone?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: your purpose in life. [Re: ]
    #808516 - 08/10/02 09:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

false profit? hahahhaa

If that were the case, they would've been blasting my name all over the news with all that Enron hooey.

--------------------

Anonymous

#808521 - 08/10/02 09:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, at least somebody understands my abysmal sense of humor.

Personally, I think the Enron guys had the right idea. They just went about it the wrong way. I am sure they meant well.

Porpoise out.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #808532 - 08/10/02 09:47 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I create and you call it blind by pride. I'm terse and you call it negative. I hit hard and you say my ego must be bruised. I don't back down from confrontation and you say I have an aversion to peace.

You obviously have a problem reading sarcasm in a counterpoint.

We should hang out. You need a dose of weirdness... I'm not sure if you can handle all I have to give, but... maybe, just maybe you'll pull through.

So I have a sharp tongue... so what?
They're just words... Words are not violent actions, so quit treating them that way.

--------------------

Anonymous

#808539 - 08/10/02 09:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You and I have different perceptions of Sclorch.

What is the difference, and why?

This is very deep but I know you are up to it.

Think about it.

peace braa

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#808939 - 08/10/02 02:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

My perceptions of certain people are jilted by the fact that i have been torn and beaten emotionaly by certain types of people. and i shouldn't let that effect my perceptions of every single confrontational person i meet.
i am trying so so so hard in my life right now just to not respond in any way to confrontation because i am not the type of person that can handle it well.
i tend to take things personally when in fact they aren't meant that way at all. i feel like most conflicting opinions are put downs. like the person stateing their opinion is in essence saying, "you are wrong, but not only are you wrong, but you are STUPID for being wrong." this is a fault i am working on very very very hard in my life right now. and most times i succeed. but when i let things get to me, you see posts like the above. then about five minutes after i regret it immensely and wish i could take it all back. but the tongue is a beast and it lashes out at the slightest provocation....
in essence, i guess my problem is pride. if i didn't have so much, then i wouldn't care what others said...even if they did say i was wrong and stupid (which they usually aren't). Pride? why? before long (maybe years, maybe days,) you'll be a heap of rotting flesh. worms, foul smelling fluids. nobody on earth will remember you. pride is my problem.

so sclorch...you are saying your purpose in life is to create your own purpose and then work on that purpose? so that in essence is a purpose....so you are saying you've found your purpose in life?
peace braa.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Anonymous

#809046 - 08/10/02 03:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That is very vulnerable of you to say so. I admire your honesty and candor. This also explains why you "beat feet" to this forum after the confrontation in the hunting forum.

I do not think Sclorch means you any harm.

You are a very sweet man. Try not to take things so personally. It will help you to gain the peace you seek.

Peace brother,

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #809571 - 08/10/02 07:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

have you ever seen somebody with no idea what to do with their lives?

Yes, many people are faced with this situation because society has become a very knit fitting puzzle where every member is told to fit in nicely or their life will be fucked. Not knowing what to do with your life is not a bad thing, you don't limit yourself to one path, but look in all directions.

a 40 year old man who loses his job that he loved and lived for...no more purpose. suicide. it's more rampant now in this day and age than ever before.

Refer to first sentence above.

some people can only find happiness in some select things.

I call this pleasure, not happiness.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #809682 - 08/10/02 08:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's cool. I know.

Now, where were we?
so sclorch...you are saying your purpose in life is to create your own purpose and then work on that purpose?

Having a defined purpose is like acknowledging your inherent lack of control or freedom. Since I am a firm believer in free will and freedom just in general, I feel like requiring a purpose puts undue pressure on oneself.
Q: So, do I have (read: bother to define) an overall purpose?
A: No.
Q: Do I care?
A: Nope.
Q: Should I care?
A: Who knows for sure? But it's working for ME. And that's really all I have to go on.

--------------------

Anonymous

#809710 - 08/10/02 08:50 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Life is what you make it.. Literally. I need no purpose, only happiness, and well being. I may SERVE a purpose.. But I dont NEED a purpose.. And if I ever do, I'll be the one creating it, thank you ever so much.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#810043 - 08/11/02 01:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

but wait, i too am a very strong believer in free will. i believe that God gave us free will because he didn't want a bunch of zombies that were forced to love him. how would you feel if your girl/guy was forced to love you instead of choosing too?
but at the same time, i believe one has a purpose. but if they choose to ignore it, that's their choice.
hmmmm, this isn't coming out well.
okay. i have a calling towards a certain type of life. i feel it all the time. and whenever i've tried to get away from it in my life....whenever i go another way, i end up miserable and depressed without knowing why. it wasn't until recently that i discovered this to be the reason for my depression.
i love my calling too. i love my purpose. i want to go through with it so bad...it involves everything i love and nothing i dislike. it involves all i enjoy and nothing i don't enjoy. and it is my purpose. i know it and feel it. not that i was predestined to do this, i choose to...but when i do something else, i'm NOT happy at ALL. you know?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#810045 - 08/11/02 01:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

thank you braa. very much.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology