Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJadis
..Just waituntil you seethe bats!
Male User Gallery
Overcooking WBS
    #8080095 - 02/28/08 01:53 AM (16 years, 23 days ago)

I realize exploded kernels are the bane of WBS growers (for reason I've yet to fully understand). But can you overcook the WBS? I'm not worried about lack of moisture in my jars, but I am worried that if the WBS is cooked for too long, will spores not take hold of it? I have 4 1/2 pt WBS jars and 4 1/2 pt BRF jars going right now. My WBS jars just look more dark/not as yellow/orange as other people's pictures. But I also added some verm into the mix, so maybe that is why :tongue:

--------------------
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?
And instead of saying all of your goodbyes,
Let them know you realize that life goes fast.
It's hard to make the good things last.
You realize the sun don't go down;
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinnin' round.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Overcooking WBS [Re: Jadis]
    #8080123 - 02/28/08 02:11 AM (16 years, 23 days ago)

why would you add verm to it.
I do not think that you can over cook it. If you did than it would be obvious. Dark color isn't a sign of over cooking it. Exploded kernels and burnt/crusty seed at the bottom of the pan might be a sign but you are smart enough not to allow that to happen, Aren't you? Doubtful!

Anyways,Stop looking at your jars and thinking that something is wrong. Leave them alone and please do not tell us that you have them sitting on a heating pad

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: Overcooking WBS [Re: tahoe]
    #8080500 - 02/28/08 07:05 AM (16 years, 23 days ago)

I haven't found exploded kernels to be that big of a problem on top of that. I have had jars fully colonize that would be considered a "starchy mess".

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Overcooking WBS [Re: Jadis]
    #8080523 - 02/28/08 07:22 AM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

But can you overcook the WBS? I'm not worried about lack of moisture in my jars, but I am worried that if the WBS is cooked for too long, will spores not take hold of it?

Yes, you can overcook it. Once it has been over-cooked the spores won't colonize it as fast or maybe not at all. Do you like burnt toast? Burnt beans? They don't either but they can't complain about it so they eat it very, very, very, slowly or not at all.:rolleyes:

Does the Tek call for over-cooked WBS? If it doesn't, then start over. There is a reason these teks say what they do-because the way they tell you is the way it should be done, no excuses. Make no additions or substitutions until you have a couple of grows under your belt then you can/will/should experiment, but not until then. That way you get a good feel of what they need and want from you so you can adjust for it in your future ventures.

My two pennies

Doc

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds