Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: blackegg]
    #8073841 - 02/26/08 06:27 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blackegg said:
The Priority mail and Express mail envelopes I always see at the Post Office seem very 'solid' and not at all breathable.

Are you sure they would { theoretically }allow FAE?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WOW, a n00b has NEVER figured it out. Oh, they all fall for the Tyvek trap... but not you... YOU saw right through it!

I am amazed!!!

How did you KNOW that EVERYONE at The Shroomery has been lying about Tyvek?

We thought our little secret would hold up... but you KNEW we were pulling your leg!

You are the only newb to ever figure it out.

Again, congrats! You clever... CLEVER guy!

Tyvek DOES NOT WORK... instead... just DON'T USE A FILTER AT ALL!!! That is what us veterans do when we use jars. No lids... and we ALSO spray our spores with Lysol.

Fuck Tyvek! It is a HOAX... and YOU FIGURED IT OUT!

FYI, Polyfill is also a hoax... and you can't breathe through it either. That is why pillows are often used as murder weapons!

Don't tell anybody. This hoax is a Shroomery tradition.

Again, congratulations! You figured it out. Yes you did.

I'm proud of you.

:wink:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (02/26/08 06:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Rose]
    #8073991 - 02/26/08 06:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:rofl2:

OfflineMepher
Reverend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Praha, CZK
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: norml840]
    #8075473 - 02/27/08 12:03 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Will they really send you 800 tyvek envelops? That many would cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 at Officemax. Is it better to order a more reasonable quantity? It's awesome that they send them to you for free under the assumption that you'll utilize Priority Mail, but aren't they aware that Tyvek envelopes of that sort have other uses (not talking about shrooms, just non-mail uses)???

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Mepher]
    #8075643 - 02/27/08 12:53 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mepher said:
, but aren't they aware that Tyvek envelopes of that sort have other uses (not talking about shrooms, just non-mail uses)???

Name some other uses?

Sure they know that they might be used for something other than mail this is why there is a warning about misuse on each one.
I would love to see someone get busted for using these.
Its all good to use 10-20 of them but 400. Go out and buy a roll of tyvek. I have a 10x20 foot piece that I got for free from a construction site and I have been using it for years

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinebigred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Latitude = 37.0954, Longi... Flag
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Mepher]
    #8076083 - 02/27/08 05:55 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

What I did, and I know its probably unheard of, is I drove myself to the nearest post office walked right in through the front doors and picked up 15 or so of those things, turned around and walked my skinny ass right back to my car.
I have lots of tyvek and didn't order or buy a thing!

Wish Id known it was a scam though and to thank I wrapped my house in that stuff:rolleyes:

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Rose]
    #8076093 - 02/27/08 06:10 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WOW, a n00b has NEVER figured it out. Oh, they all fall for the Tyvek trap... but not you... YOU saw right through it!

I am amazed!!!

We thought our little secret would hold up... but you KNEW we were pulling your leg!

Tyvek DOES NOT WORK... instead... just DON'T USE A FILTER AT ALL!!! That is what us veterans do when we use jars. No lids... and we ALSO spray our spores with Lysol.

FYI, Polyfill is also a hoax... and you can't breathe through it either. That is why pillows are often used as murder weapons!

I'm proud of you.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Damn it, I hate it with they outsmart us Cervantes, now WTF do we do:confused:
The noobs are taking control!
We are ruined, the Shroomery has been comprimised ----RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!

They will never take me alive!!!!!!

:tongue:

--------------------

OfflineFrost000
Badfish

Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: doc34]
    #8076117 - 02/27/08 06:32 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ordering 400 of them would throw up a big caution flag to the post office. You can get a roll of tyvek like tahoe said. You can also get packs of tyvek coveralls at lowes and cut them up.

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: Frost000]
    #8076191 - 02/27/08 07:38 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ordering 400 of them would throw up a big caution flag to the post office.

Excuse me, but, what flag are you speaking of?

THEY GIVE THESE AWAY FOR FREE TO CUSTOMERS WHO USE THEM TO SEND DOCUMENTS/PAPERS/FORMS/LETTERS OR EVEN A BLANK PIECE OF PAPER IF YOU SO CHOOSE!
THERE WILL BE NO FLAG RAISED OR ANY AWARENESS OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY AS LONG AS YOU DON"T GO INTO THE POST OFFICE AND TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO USE THEM TO GROW ILLEGAL MUSHROOMS-THAT MIGHT BE A PROBLEM!

WHAT PART OF "NO CHARGE" ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT GETTING!!!!!

THEY ARE FREE!!!

You can even walk into the local office and grab a handfull of them = THEY ARE FREE FOR THE TAKING =GO GET SOME!!!

BETTER yet, don't believe me, that way you won't go get them all and there will be some left when I run out of them=100 years from now;).

You are wanting to grow an illegal substance here in the states but you are afraid to go and get something that is free=how will they know what you are using them for unless you tell them?
Wait this guy has a look of a mushroom cultivator, see the spores behind his ears, yeah, he's guilty of it, so lets not give him any Tyvek envelopes, better yet, lets report him to the authorities:rolleyes:

Get real people, I have been doing this way longer than most of you yung'ins have been in this world and I use them faithfully.
I would be more worried about carrying in a bunch of jars into my house than anything due to  the crack-down on Meth cooks before I would sweat this small shit.

Anyhow, For those who know=know;)

Doc

--------------------

OfflineFrost000
Badfish

#8076966 - 02/27/08 12:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Uhh...i'm not saying they know you're cultivating mushrooms. I never said that. But they do call you to confirm the amount. Why would they call to confirm the amount unless it's suspicious to order 800 envelopes...?

Offlineblowingsm0ke
Smelly
 User Gallery

#8077013 - 02/27/08 12:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If its suspicious why do they make it so simple?

Wouldnt they make it a little harder than just clicking one thing online to order up to 800 envelopes?

Or reduce the amount you can order to 50 at a time or something?

Clearly there is a demand for the things, enough that they set up an online area to order them so they wouldnt have to deal with the request using actual human resources to handle it. And the demand isnt from people growing mushrooms.

There are businesses that sends out thousands of envelopes a month.

I know here, when we send out checks to partners we can send 1000 out in one day.

Offlinegaladar

Loc: in a monotub!
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: blowingsm0ke]
    #8078231 - 02/27/08 05:44 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

do u guys use one or wo layers? ive always used two...

OfflineHeadFood
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#8079557 - 02/27/08 10:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Frost000 said:
Uhh...i'm not saying they know you're cultivating mushrooms. I never said that. But they do call you to confirm the amount. Why would they call to confirm the amount unless it's suspicious to order 800 envelopes...?

I ordered them the other day and they have yet to call me. I don't know why they would call you but so far they have left me alone for ordering 800 envelopes.

--------------------
Phi Alpha

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: galadar]
    #8079562 - 02/27/08 10:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

galadar said:
do u guys use one or wo layers? ive always used two...

1 is enough, you are just wasting your stolen tyvek if you use two

Quote:

blowingsm0ke said:
If its suspicious why do they make it so simple?

I think they would hope that you are using these bags to send stuff via usps. I would like to see that they link their website with your usps account and that they compare your online account and shipments with the amount of bags that you request. They should not just send you guys 400 bags at one time.

If there were some way that I could give them a heads up about this I would. But I think me emailing them and saying that there are a bunch of people using thier envelopes for growing mushrooms instead of send packages would raise a red flag on me also.

Would you guys pay 20$ for a 9'x10' piece of tyvek deleverd to your house??
i just did the math. A piece that big would make 810 4x4 pieces and 1440 3x3 pieces. I think 3x3 would cover a wide mouth just fine. That is a shit load of jars.

You guys need to stop ripping off the post office. You guys do realize that there will be no post office one day and probably in our lifetime. The only thing that keeps them in business is junk mail.
I realize that these envelopes are probably only .20 to make but its not about that. Its just the point and you mushroom heads are all about karma. You are not pulling one over on the man.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: tahoe]
    #8080469 - 02/28/08 06:40 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

They are free.

Nobody's ripping off anybody Tahoe, they are free to use however you see fit.

I don't know why they called the one guy either. I have ordered boxes of them for other people also and I have never received a call, not one!

But, then again, they know me and they know I won't just call and have them shipped to a bogus addy and not pick them up so they have to return them either, wasting postage.
Maybe they just called to verify the order-don't spazz-out, it's ok.

Doc

Tahoe said:
Quote:

If there were some way that I could give them a heads up about this I would. But I think me emailing them and saying that there are a bunch of people using thier envelopes for growing mushrooms instead of send packages would raise a red flag on me also.

Why would you do that-Don't they call that "SNITCHING"?

--------------------

Offlineblackegg
...has left the building.
Male User Gallery

#8080555 - 02/28/08 07:45 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am amazed!!!

I'm proud of you.

Damn it, I hate it with they outsmart us Cervantes, now WTF do we do
The noobs are taking control!
We are ruined, the Shroomery has been comprimised ----RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!

They will never take me alive!!!!!!

:sissies:

But really, I have blood running down my nose and it's hard to see the computr screan through the envelope .

Someone please just tell me the troot! Does this stuffs work or not? AHHH!! Blood!
Does this stuffs work?
Like do it? Do it? Do it?
Why don't noone tells me the troot?
:flowstone:

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8080878 - 02/28/08 10:18 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

doc34 said:
They are free.

Nobody's ripping off anybody Tahoe, they are free to use however you see fit.

Wrong Doc. Every envelope has "This package is the property of the U.S. postal service and its provided solely for use in sending Priority Mail. Misuse may be a violatin of federal law".

The only reason why they are free is because they are intended to be used for mail.

AS for it being called snitching. No, I doubt that they will come after anyone fro the shroomery but it would be nice to see that they stopped giving them away by the hundreds to people who do not use usps.

I believe what people are doing is called stealing and taking advantage of the usps.

Its not like I really give a damn but I am just pointing out the only true fact about it. It is stealing. Even if they send it to you.

Think about it like this although its extreme, which getting hundreds of these for free is also extreme.
Lets say all you had to do is go online and click a few boxes and say that you are disabled and you will get $500 a month for free from the government. The only requirement is that you have to be disabled but you are not. So now you are getting $500 a month for nothing. Is that stealing??

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineblackegg
...has left the building.
Male User Gallery

#8080903 - 02/28/08 10:27 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Well *that* would be lieing about being handicapped for hundreds of dollars...um...totally different.

by the way
"Misuse may be a violatin' of federal law" sounds pretty dern serious!
:tongue:

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8080922 - 02/28/08 10:34 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I agree with you that it's stealing Tahoe, but the G has been stealing my money for years. I'm sure this doesn't help postage rates though.

800 envelopes? Is that dude fucking retarded or Paul Stamets himself? Nobody in a couple years would use that much Tyvek unless they're running a commercial operation.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PO Tyvek is breathable? [Re: FooMan]
    #8080952 - 02/28/08 10:43 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Like I said, "i don't really give a damn". But anyone who thinks it is not stealing is probably a little ignorant.
Hell I have a few flat rate boxes and envelopes sitting on my desk right now. It is the 10,20,50 free envelopes that you have. Its the people who are actually clicking 400 envelopes and then they end up with 350 of them going into the trash 5 years down the line.

I just wanted to point something out before you folk starting stealing 1000's of envelopes.
This is just something for all you folks who start believing in karma while tripping to think about next time you dose.
The government although corrupt doesn't owe you anything. Most of you live in the u.s. and the majority of the rest of the world are envious of this.

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineDr. Penguin
Organic Chemist
Male

#8080967 - 02/28/08 10:48 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Get off your high horse tahoe. What do you think it costs to make 1000 of those envelopes? All of 5$? But I do agree, order what you NEED and leave it at that...

--------------------
Linux Geek

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale